NFL: 2017 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread (Bucs keep Koetter/GB signs Adams)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Extend Tavon, Barron and Ogletree...play hardball with the best defensive player in the league.

As far as the Amare Cooper convo..he was the same way at Alabama. He tends to get a little lazy. He needs someone to ride his ass. Like Nick Saban did.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Vikings won't say anything besides "day to day" but you don't miss 5 weeks and counting (counting that debacle against the Bears as missing a game because he shouldn't have been on the field) with a day to day injury.

Bridgewater is going come off the PUP Wednesday and starting practice, starting a 3 week window before they have to decide to activate him or place him on IR. I think Keenum starts next week and then again in London vs the Browns, then it's the BYE. So things are going to get interesting come Week 10.

If you're 6-2, do you stick with Keenum and dress Teddy as the backup if he can go? Do you throw Teddy in? What's Bradford's status going to be? Everything is a giant question mark at this point.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Good news. That was the first step and now we'll see how he handles practice.

I think the Vikings almost have to play him this season if he shows he's healthy because of the Bradford situation. The talk before was that Bradford probably gets extended if he plays well but I don't see any chance of that happening if the reports about his knee are accurate. So they'll need to see what kind of player Teddy is after that injury before they head into the offseason.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Good news. That was the first step and now we'll see how he handles practice.

I think the Vikings almost have to play him this season if he shows he's healthy because of the Bradford situation. The talk before was that Bradford probably gets extended if he plays well but I don't see any chance of that happening if the reports about his knee are accurate. So they'll need to see what kind of player Teddy is after that injury before they head into the offseason.

This is one of the oddest QB situations I've ever seen. Bridgewater seemed all but done in Minnesota, and in a matter of weeks that's turned on it's head from Bridgewater having the career-altering injury to now Bradford having the career altering-injury.

It's a tough call on playing Bridgewater IMO. On one hand, you're right, they should see what Bridgewater has coming back considering they have flexibility with both QBs' contracts at the end of the year, but on the other hand, Rodgers going down means that the safe thing to do would just be to ride Keenum as he's been more than serviceable and staying status quo should put them in a very good spot to win the division. Definitely think we'll see Bridgewater sooner than later though.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Pretty cool that top 3 in QBR right now are:
1. Watson
2. Prescott
3. Wentz

Young Guns taking over!
Meanwhile... Alex Smith, Tom Brady, Kirk Cousins, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers are leading in Passer Rating.

Veteran Guns still holding it down!

And while I'm on the topic....wasn't there something at the start of Alex Smith's career where he had 6 different offensive coordinators in his first 5 years or something? Seems like he was dealt a really crappy hand early on and hasn't been getting the credit he deserves over the past 5 years or so

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Meanwhile... Alex Smith, Tom Brady, Kirk Cousins, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers are leading in Passer Rating.

Veteran Guns still holding it down!

And while I'm on the topic....wasn't there something at the start of Alex Smith's career where he had 6 different offensive coordinators in his first 5 years or something? Seems like he was dealt a really crappy hand early on and hasn't been getting the credit he deserves over the past 5 years or so
Unfortunately Rodgers will be off that list soon.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is one of the oddest QB situations I've ever seen. Bridgewater seemed all but done in Minnesota, and in a matter of weeks that's turned on it's head from Bridgewater having the career-altering injury to now Bradford having the career altering-injury.

It's a tough call on playing Bridgewater IMO. On one hand, you're right, they should see what Bridgewater has coming back considering they have flexibility with both QBs' contracts at the end of the year, but on the other hand, Rodgers going down means that the safe thing to do would just be to ride Keenum as he's been more than serviceable and staying status quo should put them in a very good spot to win the division. Definitely think we'll see Bridgewater sooner than later though.

One thing working in Teddy's favour is that Zimmer absolutely loves him and wants him as his QB. It might be tougher to take Keenum out if they keep winning, unless he's just really awful, but I think it happens at some point if Teddy proves he's healthy. They have two winnable games coming up next with the Ravens at home and the Browns in London and then it's their bye week. Keenum will get those two games for sure and then maybe the one after the bye assuming he's still playing well. After that I think we'll start hearing a lot more questions about Teddy possibly starting. Again, it all depends on his health and how he looks in practice though. None of this matters if he's clearly not the same player anymore.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Wentz is something special. That Eagles team is going to be a tough out come playoff time should they make it.

Wentz has improved but the defense makes the team formidable. Playmakers at all 3 levels, two deep on the d-line, run stuffers and pass rushers.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Cleveland made the right move trading that pick. I applaud them for trying to be different. Its not all on the F.O. Hue has assembled a shit staff. Gregg Williams is a terrible defensive coordinator. Its a mess.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad