NFL: 2017 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread (Bucs keep Koetter/GB signs Adams)

Yourself

Oct 12, 2010
They've benefitted from the Skins inconsistency, Zeke not being the same/Cowboy's OL and defence not holding up and the Giants awful start + the loss of OBJ
Not sure how they have benefited from the Cowboy's stuff when they have yet to play them.

edit: On a side note anyone else have all the twitter stuff not work properly on this site. It shows like half of the twitter post and I cannot get it to extend to the full thing. Trying to watch a video with half of it showing is useless.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Not sure how they have benefited from the Cowboy's stuff when they have yet to play them.

edit: On a side note anyone else have all the twitter stuff not work properly on this site. It shows like half of the twitter post and I cannot get it to extend to the full thing. Trying to watch a video with half of it showing is useless.

Yeah, there's a thread about this and other problems on the politics board and I think maybe the lounge (but nobody should ever visit that place). It's supposedly a problem with chrome and ad block, but I don't know if it's fixable.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Well, their atrocious pass rush did get worse with the loss of Spence (as covered in that article) but I don't believe for a second he's anywhere close to game shape. 36-year-old Julius Peppers even needs to take a few days off during the week and is still only playing like half the defensive snaps.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rice is only lightly less delusional than Herschel Walker.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So no Joe Thomas or Myles Garrett and clueless Hue Jackson is still picking names out of a hat each week to determine his starting QB. This is a game the Vikings should win even if they arrived in London an hour before the game starts. They usually don't make these kind of games easy on themselves though.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Ravens weren't going anywhere before Flacco was run over, but yikes that's going to be a long term issue.

flacco.png

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It'll probably blow over like most of these things but this Texans story is pretty crazy right now.

Tackle Duane Brown said Friday that Texans players considered walking out of practice on Friday over owner Bob McNair’s comment at last week’s ownership meeting that “[w]e can’t have the inmates running the prison.”

“I’m very upset,” Brown said, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “It sickened me. . . . It’s horrible. It’s frustrating.”

Brown added that, even though players decided not to leave, it’s not over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...out-on-friday-over-bob-mcnairs-inmate-remark/

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
These old rich white guys really can't go very long without saying something stupid that has racial undertones .

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
These old rich white guys really can't go very long without saying something stupid that has racial undertones .
People say that all the time, of all ages and races - it's an expression that means you can't have the employees running the company, has nothing to do with racism. It's crazy how hyper sensitive everyone is these days, people just need to chill

One thing is crystal clear - Roger Goodell has completely lost control of the league and things are rapidly spiralling downwards. He's mismanaged this whole thing so badly from the beginning with Kaepernick and let things get to this point. Really hope he gets fired

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
People say that all the time, of all ages and races - it's an expression that means you can't have the employees running the company, has nothing to do with racism. It's crazy how hyper sensitive everyone is these days, people just need to chill

One thing is crystal clear - Roger Goodell has completely lost control of the league and things are rapidly spiralling downwards. He's mismanaged this whole thing so badly from the beginning with Kaepernick and let things get to this point. Really hope he gets fired
Except most of the employees are black males and guess what a majority of the prison population (per capita) is???

Common sense and the ability to read between the lines isn't being hypersensitive.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Except the idiom is "inmates running the asylum" McNair said prison. It probably wasn't so much what he said but his overall attitude and implication that players are property.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
It’s getting harder and harder to enjoy the NFL when the players continue to act this way. Football is my favorite sport and I’m about ready to stop watching, can’t imagine how the casual fan feels.

Casuals say they are outraged and don't watch on the internet but do anyway. I imagine you are the same.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Barstool is trash.

Disagree, but your entitled to an opinion.

He was supposed to have a 5 year contract extension, not sure if it's been offered to him yet but if it hasn't, things are not looking good for him.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
It’s getting harder and harder to enjoy the NFL when the players continue to act this way. Football is my favorite sport and I’m about ready to stop watching, can’t imagine how the casual fan feels.
Yeah why can't those uppity blacks just bow down to their white overlords and just keep quiet and do as they're told?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad