NFL: 2017 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread (Bucs keep Koetter/GB signs Adams)

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Well, he says in part, but I can't imagine it's a big part. Everyone thought he got tossed. I'm sure he thought he got tossed and wasn't simply leaving the field in anger and "quitting", or whatever.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
These three ,1 game suspension piss me off.
Dear every player in the NFL, head hunt all you want and only expect to sit 1 game.
Horse shit.

Reactions: travis scott

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

No surprise since he's from the southeast, but #CaptainMunnerlynMattKalilRevengeGame

I almost feel bad for what Everson Griffen is going to do to Kalil on Sunday. Almost.

Captain's awesome though. Everyone loved him in Minnesota.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I almost feel bad for what Everson Griffen is going to do to Kalil on Sunday. Almost.

Captain's awesome though. Everyone loved him in Minnesota.

At some point you've just got to accept who he is and what he's capable of and give him some help. He's been solid in like half the games this year, but when he's overmatched, he's really overmatched.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I love how talk of a targeting rule starts being floated around right after they rescind Iloka's blatant, intentional head shot suspension.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

As long as it is handled properly (I feel CFB is too strict, but it's college so that's understandable), good.

The college targeting rule is awful and policed poorly. Don't want to see that in the NFL.

In related news. I wanna clap for Mike Mitchell, I know I'm probably in the minority, but I agree with almost everything he said. I'm all for player safety but at the end of the day it's still football and you know what you're signing up for. I didn't see any problem with Smith-Schuster's hit. Maybe a 15 yard penalty for crack back at the most. And it's a joke that he got the same suspension as Gronkowski did for a blatant dirty cheap shot.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

tenor.gif

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
And speaking of Carolina

Would be the first game he's seen snaps in since the opener. They're going to need all the help they can get against the Vikings defensive line.

EDIT: Err, meant for this to go in the Week 14 thread. Oh well.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The college targeting rule is awful and policed poorly. Don't want to see that in the NFL.

In related news. I wanna clap for Mike Mitchell, I know I'm probably in the minority, but I agree with almost everything he said. I'm all for player safety but at the end of the day it's still football and you know what you're signing up for. I didn't see any problem with Smith-Schuster's hit. Maybe a 15 yard penalty for crack back at the most. And it's a joke that he got the same suspension as Gronkowski did for a blatant dirty cheap shot.
Ask the tobacco lawyers how far "They knew the risks" gets you in court.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Bears should sign him for rest of this year + next season

Would be upgrade for our WR group

I will never understand how a **** of a wide-receiver like Ken Britt would ever have any sort of upgradeability for a WR corps at this point in a losing season when he literally has no experience with the team's offence system and no rapport with the rookie Q.B. at all, and is being cut by the one team that anyone who watches football would think might have a shot at being worse than the Bears at football despite what the records say at this point in the season and I would wager a bet that the Browns actually beat the Bears on X-mas evening this year with or without Ken Britt, I mean, are you kidding me?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I will never understand how a **** of a wide-receiver like Ken Britt would ever have any sort of upgradeability for a WR corps at this point in a losing season when he literally has no experience with the team's offence system and no rapport with the rookie Q.B. at all, and is being cut by the one team that anyone who watches football would think might have a shot at being worse than the Bears at football despite what the records say at this point in the season and I would wager a bet that the Browns actually beat the Bears on X-mas evening this year with or without Ken Britt, I mean, are you kidding me?

Have you looked at Bears roster?

He would be an upgrade over most if not all of the WR's on roster

And as I said in my post I would sign him for remainder of this year + next year so it wouldn't just be bringing him in to play a few games

Sign him today , Sit him next week and have him play final 2 games and then go into next year

As for Browns part. Most people expect Browns to win especially fans Chicago so its not going out on a limb to say you think they will win

Hell I think the Browns will win and so do most of Hawks posters in Bears thread

Bears just got asses kicked by a 1 win team ,, Being blownout by a winless Browns wouldn't be shocking or surprising

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00