2017 NBA Playoffs Thread

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
LeGOAT in the clutch

You just know Curry is shook as hell right now, scurred of the train that Kyrie's about to run on him in the Finals again.

And who is going to guard Durant? James? Fine that means Klay and Curry will have a field day with whoever is guarding them

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Oh - he wasn't feeling well. I guess that explains the Game 3 loss. :shakehead

from cbssports.com:

The Cleveland Cavaliers rallied in the second half on Tuesday night to take care of business and win Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Boston Celtics, so their surprising Game 3 loss a few days earlier will soon be forgotten about. We do, however, have an explanation as to why LeBron James, and thus the Cavs, were off during Game 3.

James had one of his worst playoff performances ever in Game 3, as he went just 4 from 13 from the field, scoring 11 points. It was his lowest number of made shots since back in the 2014 Eastern Conference finals against the Pacers, when he went 2 of 10 from the field and scored just 7 points.

According to Richard Jefferson, who was on Fox Sports Ohio after Game 4, the reason for LeBron's tough night in Game 3, is that he was dealing with a "bug" that was making him lethargic.

Full story here: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/c...son-says-lebron-james-was-sick-during-game-3/[/QUOTE]

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Oh - he wasn't feeling well. I guess that explains the Game 3 loss. :shakehead

from cbssports.com:

The Cleveland Cavaliers rallied in the second half on Tuesday night to take care of business and win Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Boston Celtics, so their surprising Game 3 loss a few days earlier will soon be forgotten about. We do, however, have an explanation as to why LeBron James, and thus the Cavs, were off during Game 3.

James had one of his worst playoff performances ever in Game 3, as he went just 4 from 13 from the field, scoring 11 points. It was his lowest number of made shots since back in the 2014 Eastern Conference finals against the Pacers, when he went 2 of 10 from the field and scored just 7 points.

According to Richard Jefferson, who was on Fox Sports Ohio after Game 4, the reason for LeBron's tough night in Game 3, is that he was dealing with a "bug" that was making him lethargic.

Full story here: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/c...son-says-lebron-james-was-sick-during-game-3/

38 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists at age 34 in the finals.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
i'm guessing Jordan got plenty of rest when he was riding the bus for his baseball career.

I can never remember a time when any superstar needed to be rested.

Pop has sat several Spurs players throughout the seasons. Golden State started to do it this season as well.

And I swear that "flu" game becomes more of a legend as years pass.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
i'm guessing Jordan got plenty of rest when he was riding the bus for his baseball career.

Pop has sat several Spurs players throughout the seasons. Golden State started to do it this season as well.

And I swear that "flu" game becomes more of a legend as years pass.
In the playoffs? Resting players through the season is still bull$#!+.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
HF is so blessed to have Stylizer1 who is MUCH smarter and more well informed on NBA players than doctors, trainers, coaches, etc.
Playing the whole season is supposed to be hard not an inconvenience. Everyone is supposed to play 82 games and the best teams qualify for the playoffs. Then the teams who can perform the best in their conference make the finals. It is supposed to be a marathon, not a relay. Teams go through injuries, have tough road trips in order to be the best. You don't take games off because you need to be fresh for the playoffs. You should watch soap opera's instead. This is the biggest problem with new fans of the NBA. They think great players shouldn't have to work as hard to stay the best. NBA players make too much money that now they think that playing the regular season is just wasting time and that because their teams are so good that they deserve to coast.

In the era of super teams less pressure doesn't make someone better, it shows that they can't handle the fear of failure.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Playing the whole season is supposed to be hard not an inconvenience. Everyone is supposed to play 82 games and the best teams qualify for the playoffs. Then the teams who can perform the best in their conference make the finals. It is supposed to be a marathon, not a relay. Teams go through injuries, have tough road trips in order to be the best. You don't take games off because you need to be fresh for the playoffs. You should watch soap opera's instead. This is the biggest problem with new fans of the NBA. They think great players shouldn't have to work as hard to stay the best. NBA players make too much money that now they think that playing the regular season is just wasting time and that because their teams are so good that they deserve to coast.

In the era of super teams less pressure doesn't make someone better, it shows that they can't handle the fear of failure.
This conversation is over your head.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
NBA refs are unbearably thin-skinned when it comes to giving out techs, get the **** over yourselves you whiny game managers

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
JR pulled the Curry gif, but at least they were up by 20 rather than tied in the 4th quarter of a game 7

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
NBA refs are unbearably thin-skinned when it comes to giving out techs, get the **** over yourselves you whiny game managers
They give them out like candy most of the time. But I find it somewhat hard to fault them for giving T's sometimes when someone's barking in their face after every call.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Edit: Looked it up

He's played 212 games (counting tonight)

10 players have played 200+ playoff games and only 4 of them have scored 5000+ points, it's a pretty big accomplishment

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad