Prospect Info: 2017 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #22

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
It's been Middleton for a while now. One of the best defensive defensemen in the OHL with a lot of room to grow as a player

ktf

May 5, 2006
Victoria, B.C.
I cannot understand how Scott was already voted in. When making this list you have to balance potential with actual production. At this point, Scott has yet to produce at the WHL level. Whereas, Sparks is a really good AHL goalie, who could already be a fringe backup. It will be lucky if Scott even becomes an AHL regular.

sIDEsHOW93

Apr 29, 2015
Canada
Easily Lindgren imo. People tend to forget about some of our EU guys when we let them develop on the other side of the pond.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I cannot understand how Scott was already voted in. When making this list you have to balance potential with actual production. At this point, Scott has yet to produce at the WHL level. Whereas, Sparks is a really good AHL goalie, who could already be a fringe backup. It will be lucky if Scott even becomes an AHL regular.

You look through previous years polls, and these kind of comments/thoughts are made all the time.

Anyways, its not really worth crying over, this is the 22nd (21st for Scott) that we're talking about... everyone whose left are on a similar tier IMO and you could argue any one prospect is better than the other.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
As I argued earlier, people are over penalizing Valiev for a sub par year. He is like another Dman, much higher on the list, who had an objective reason for his off year. Injury, mono, both explanations for a poor season. Both deserve some slack, IMO. Sure they ought to drop somewhat but to the point they have dropped?

When you step back and look at the combination of size, skating, toughness and puck handling, Valiev is a cut above other prospects at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad