2017 Fantasy Football Discussion

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
So I've got an interesting decision to make next week. It's the first week of playoffs and Wilson has a terrible matchup against the Jags. #1 rated team against QBs (a solid 10 points better than the league average). My other QB is Mariota and he hasn't been playing well but has a lot better matchup against the Cards (26th against QBs). Do I stick with the guy that got me there or do I rely on Mariota for a week?

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
So I've got an interesting decision to make next week. It's the first week of playoffs and Wilson has a terrible matchup against the Jags. #1 rated team against QBs (a solid 10 points better than the league average). My other QB is Mariota and he hasn't been playing well but has a lot better matchup against the Cards (26th against QBs). Do I stick with the guy that got me there or do I rely on Mariota for a week?

I'd probably not over think it and roll with Wilson. Not counting the first 2 weeks, Russell has had 1 game worse than Mariota's best game. JAX is a great D but Wilson is a great QB.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I got Shepard, so that could be a big problem. Thankfully, WR is one of my strongest positions.

Whoops, I forgot about Shepard.

Wilson

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Who should I add out of the 3? In order too, I may not get the top option due to waiver wire priority

Frank Gore, Marqise Goodwin, Jack Doyle?

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
Who should I add out of the 3? In order too, I may not get the top option due to waiver wire priority

Frank Gore, Marqise Goodwin, Jack Doyle?

If all things were equal in terms of your needs.. Gore, Goodwin, Doyle. If its for starting a flex, this week i'd probably look at Goodwin. ROS i may even go Goodwin because Gore is an old RB on a bad team and may be phased out a little with Mack coming. Goodwin is #1 option on a bad team that will need to throw to stay in games. Doyle is a TE which can be a little volatile, and he has a low floor but has a pretty good ceiling. Actually lets go with Goodwin, Doyle, Gore in that order, all team-needs equal.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Wilson it is. Thanks all.

Jordan Matthews - is he worth hanging onto? I picked him off a couple weeks ago but it sounds like he's still banged up. I'm debating dropping him for someone else, maybe Paul Richardson..

edit- agree with rangerssharks, week 17 for a fantasy final is not good.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Wilson it is. Thanks all.

Jordan Matthews - is he worth hanging onto? I picked him off a couple weeks ago but it sounds like he's still banged up. I'm debating dropping him for someone else, maybe Paul Richardson..

edit- agree with rangerssharks, week 17 for a fantasy final is not good.

Yeah, I'd cut Matthews in a one year league.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Week 17 playoffs suck, and I will refuse to join any league that uses it.
It's with a bunch of guys who I worked with and the commish is a first time commish and I don't think he realized he could change it. They asked me to join like 2 days before their draft and I didn't even notice it to recently.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
It's with a bunch of guys who I worked with and the commish is a first time commish and I don't think he realized he could change it. They asked me to join like 2 days before their draft and I didn't even notice it to recently.

Definitely understandable in this case. Definitely suggest changing it to week 16 for next year, though!

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Definitely understandable in this case. Definitely suggest changing it to week 16 for next year, though!
It was a very last minute put together league lol.

It makes me wonder if I should go pick Dak, who I just dropped, back up since I have Wentz and the eagles should have things wrapped up by then.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
It was a very last minute put together league lol.

It makes me wonder if I should go pick Dak, who I just dropped, back up since I have Wentz and the eagles should have things wrapped up by then.

I would, especially since Zeke will be back be then. Dak should return to High-end QB1 status at that point

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I'd actually throw hands if my commissioner ever put the championship game at Week 17.

Its the final week of the regulars for many of us though. How's everyone shaping up? Comfortable? White knuckling? Searching the waiver wire for some teams 2nd string TE?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'd actually throw hands if my commissioner ever put the championship game at Week 17.

Its the final week of the regulars for many of us though. How's everyone shaping up? Comfortable? White knuckling? Searching the waiver wire for some teams 2nd string TE?

It looks like I’m going to make the playoffs in 9 of 10.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I want to win more in some leagues than others. But yeah, I often face that problem, haha.

Honestly, I stress like a clown enough about the one league I'm in. I don't know that I could live a life where a player could be my best friend and greatest enemy.

Unless that someone is Aaron Rodgers who I will continue to hate until the sun consumes the Earth.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I've never once missed the fantasy playoffs in any of my leagues. I've also only ever won once and I've been bounced in the first round A LOT. I even joke about how I'll have the best team and then something happens in the playoffs. Last year for example Julio Jones and Melvin Gordon got hurt for my first round playoff game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad