2017 fall Board of Governors meeting

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
LeBrun: Seattle will be on the minds of owners and...

LeBrun previews meeting (may be behind firewall).

Seattle may not be on the agenda, but given recent vote should be discussed.

Houston as potential NHL city too. Perhaps Coyotes or Flames as relocation candidate.

Executive committee meets before full board.
The committee, by the way, consists of Mark Chipman (Winnipeg), Jeremy Jacobs (Boston), Murray Edwards (Calgary), Craig Leipold (Minnesota), Ted Leonsis (Washington), Geoff Molson (Montreal), Henry Samueli (Anaheim), Larry Tanenbaum (Toronto), Jeff Vinik (Tampa Bay) and Rocky Wirtz (Chicago).

EC may discuss Carolina sale. Potential sale could be agreed to by end of week; not relocation candidate if sold to Dundon group.

Full BoG agenda includes cap/revenue update, hockey ops report, international events (e.g., China, Sweden games), technology updates, and more.

I'd expect NHLN to have daily updates Thursday and Friday.

Reactions: Killion

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ Thanks LS... Could be some interesting news forthcoming.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ What on earth is going on here LS?.... "Seattle Expansion will be front & center"????.... Bettman's stated no plans for further Expansion at this time, just hints, words that they'd be "willing to look at Seattle & Houston" & so on.... Did I miss a Memo on all of this?.. Fully aware Seattle's signed on with OVG.... aware that the new owner in Houston has expressed interest & met with League personnel.... so is it now a foregone conclusion that they have another round of Expansion in 20/21 or 21/22 or what? I mean I can see it for sure but Im a little surprised that its being openly discussed at this point in time.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I fully expect something to be announced on Seattle rather shortly. As to Houston they'll get the Coyotes when/if they relocate. Could be an eventful meetings as the NHL could possibly be going to 32 teams. As well as going to Seattle, something that was discussed when I became a fan of hockey in 1989.

Reactions: Killion

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Still not buying a Flames relocation.

As for another expansion, can Detroit offer multiple players for the expansion draft? Lots of dead weight to cut...

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
If Calgary was to be moved to Houston while the Coyotes continue to wallow in the black-hole of fiscal despair.... :confused::banghead:

I don't see calgary moving at least not right away. I think the NHL would allow them time to figure things out. The Coyotes though can't remain in Glendale if nothing is figured out soon that team is gonna move.

Reactions: Llama19

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

And what would the vetting consist of.... hopefully a little more than showing you have a dollar to your name like others in the past have shown.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

And what would the vetting consist of.... hopefully a little more than showing you have a dollar to your name like others in the past have shown.

Probably if he has the $$$ to do so and any background checks.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

And he's been saying that for how long now and yet still nothing towards an arena happening.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
or a nothing candidate:

Note this is what bettman saying in the public, what he says in private or what goes on behind closed door is completely different. NHL wants both Seattle and Houston but NHL can get more $$$ out of Seattle than houston imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad