OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Engram was the second ranked TE in the draft and is a better pass catching back then the top ranked one.

99% of "analysts" pretty clearly put him at #3. I actually don't even recall one that had him at 2, but one probably exists I guess.

I'm okay with it, though I feel they reached by 15 picks. He definitely wouldn't have gone in the first if the Giants didn't take him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Bengals taking Joe Mixon was the biggest OF COURSE moment of the draft :P

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Anyone have an explaination for the Bears?

absolutely terrible, Get rid of a big contract qb (Cutler) to sign a career back up qb to a horrendous contract (Glennon) only to give the house to San Fran for a qb with 14 career starts and would have likely been there when they selected :laugh:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
absolutely terrible, Get rid of a big contract qb (Cutler) to sign a career back up qb to a horrendous contract (Glennon) only to give the house to San Fran for a qb with 14 career starts and would have likely been there when they selected :laugh:

Glennons deal is essentially just a year anyway. As a Bucs fan, I'll just say that if Glennon went to a team that had any clue what it was doing, he'd be just fine as a starter. Tampa mismanaged him and have that asshat McCown a shot for far too long. Glennon can be a good quarterback in this league. Them doing what they did for Trubiski after signing Glennon however makes no sense. It sets Glennon up for failure. If a team like Houston or Denver took Glennon he'd be just fine as a starter.

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Thats the bears for you unable to draft and build talent. When they do build talent they don't want to pay them IE Jeffrey. Their Wr corps are everyone elses trash cruz,wright and a first round pick who hasnt played 5 games in a season yet

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Thats the bears for you unable to draft and build talent. When they do build talent they don't want to pay them IE Jeffrey. Their Wr corps are everyone elses trash cruz,wright and a first round pick who hasnt played 5 games in a season yet

Aside from the dumpster fire that are the Browns, the Bears have to easily be a top 3 worst run organization.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Jets cut Eric Decker and David Harris

the tank is on.

I get Decker. A hip and shoulder surgery pus being on the wrong side of thirty was working against him

I'm surprised at Harris. Bowles and the fans LOVED him and the players respected him. He was good at getting the linemen in the right position and he was a tackling machine inside the box. Yes, he's been a 2 down LB for quite a while now and he's also on the wrong side of thirty, but this is a team that had poor leadership last year. Now it's a vacuum.

I wonder if both go to NE for peanuts just to get revenge and win a ring.

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I am very interested to see what Tennessee does. Mariota,Henry,Murray and Davis. Im more interested to see what Davis has Im not entirely sure I agree with him going so high. I would have taken Williams over him

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I am very interested to see what Tennessee does. Mariota,Henry,Murray and Davis. Im more interested to see what Davis has Im not entirely sure I agree with him going so high. I would have taken Williams over him

I think they win the AFC South

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

lol I wish I had more faith in this front office and coaching staff to be the ones to bring this team out of the obvious Rachel Phelps in Major League type tank, but Macc/Bowles haven't impressed me thus far.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'll be shocked if the Jets win a game

Well they do get to play the Browns again, and Jacksonville at home. That might be it if they even win either of those :P

I mean the division itself (especially the Pats and Fish) is brutal AND they gotta play the AFC West and NFC South which are also tough divisions.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I expect more of the same from Green Bay, and yes, I factored in everyone being a year older. It must be a win-now mindset. Our secondary needs to be a lot better and I believe they stepped in the right direction with this draft class.

Go Pack Go.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I hope my Bills sign Maclin, a top-3 of Watkins/Maclin/Zay Jones would be fantastic for them. Add in Clay at TE and that's more receiving threats they've had in years.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Jets being dogpoop=cheap tickets on the secondary market. Why couldn't they be on the Bengals schedule?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
SCOTUS ruled 8-0 today that the government cannot censor trademarks that some people might find "offensive".

This First Amendment was case filed by an Asian band that called themselves The Slants, but it is applicable to the Redskins, who will probably either win their upcoming case, or it will likely be dropped against them altogether given this SCOTUS ruling.

In any event, today's ruling means the Washington Redskins name is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad