Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Astros in 5

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Fixed the poll, please ignore the first two options. I set it to multiple options so those who picked the first two would still be able to vote on the fixed poll. If that doesn't work, I'll just redo the whole thing.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Astros in 4.

Sox have the pitching to contain the Astros offense, but the Sox absolutely do not have the offense to hang with the Astros when they inevitably break through.

Good luck Sox offense. You get the one-two punch of Verlander-Keuchel while your offense is already stuck in neutral :laugh:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Astros in 4.

Sox have the pitching to contain the Astros offense, but the Sox absolutely do not have the offense to hang with the Astros when they inevitably break through.

Good luck Sox offense. You get the one-two punch of Verlander-Keuchel while your offense is already stuck in neutral :laugh:

They have Sale and Kimbrel and Sale has been rather pedestrian lately. Price has been pitching out of the pen. Porcello can't be trusted.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I think Boston will find a way to pull this off in 5.

The Astros are kinda similar to last year's Red Sox- REALLY awesome offense- and we saw how that went.

Plus, they have Sale and good pitching and their offense has too many good bats to suddenly not wake up.

And as we see, sometimes the most amazing regular season lineups can be shot down in the playoffs.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I think Boston will find a way to pull this off in 5.

The Astros are kinda similar to last year's Red Sox- REALLY awesome offense- and we saw how that went.

Plus, they have Sale and good pitching and their offense has too many good bats to suddenly not wake up.

And as we see, sometimes the most amazing regular season lineups can be shot down in the playoffs.

Well, adding Verlander to the rotation, considering how he's been pitching, changes things radically, especially if Keuchel is on. Houston certainly has the pitching, they aren't just a great offense. But Boston has a limited offense and Sale has been average his last couple starts, so we'll see.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Boston has talent and good position players but no real scary threats. Mookie is having a pretty decent year but it's a big drop off from last year. Pedroia is a steady contributor and Boegarts, JBJ, and Benintendi all can be game breakers but haven't been on a consistent basis. Hanley can still crush high fastballs and Moreland while not amazing isn't a corpse and provides some flexibility and good D. It will just depend on if they can string things together and keep moving the yard markers. They don't have that big bopper in Ortiz anymore and that does seem to have confused things a bit but it's still a talented team. Same with the pitching. They have the arms, it just depends on if they're on or not. I think Astros in 4 is reasonable but I could see if going 5 or being a sweep also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad