Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Astros in 5

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
As much as I dislike the Red Sox, I am very happy for Houston. Clearly the better team. Hope they figure out a way to win in the next series.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
This series was over after I saw that Boston had to have Doug Fister start a game.

Loved him for his time in Detroit. But he's finished.

It's also ironic to me that the bullpen, which has always been the weakness of a Dombrowski team, cost them today.

Feb 24, 2017
Why does Sale take the loss? Just from the stats I see he gave up the 3rd and 4th runs in a 5-4 loss with one run credited against Kimbrel who relieved Sale.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
It’s not like the NHL where the goalie who gives up the eventual game winning goal gets the loss. Sale gave up the runs that made a 3-2 lead turn into a 4-3 deficit and Houston never relinquished the lead (they went up 5-3 on Kimbrel before Boston got one in the 9th), so he gets credited with the loss. Personally, I like the NHL way better.

Reactions: Sami Salo
Feb 24, 2017
It’s not like the NHL where the goalie who gives up the eventual game winning goal gets the loss. Sale gave up the runs that made a 3-2 lead turn into a 4-3 deficit and Houston never relinquished the lead (they went up 5-3 on Kimbrel before Boston got one in the 9th), so he gets credited with the loss. Personally, I like the NHL way better.
That’s interesting. Thank you for the explanation. I guess I can see it that way if I rationalize that it’s just how it’s always been, tradition, etc. But yeah, seeing as his caused deficit was eventually erased, I do prefer the nhl way.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Since I don't know where to put it, I'll post it here since this series is over.

Just imagine if the Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers and Cubs all won? That would be a dream final four for the tv networks.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
And apparently they refused to add him in Sale trade before he was traded to the Red Sox.

Go Astros!

I hated people using him as bait at the trade deadline. Like I get it and I'm not gonna hold it against anyone and I couldn't have expected what he did today, but I just didn't want to move him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

That's pretty pathetic.

Good. Screw the ShitSox and their cocky fans.

The best part about this was Simmons implosion once again. I love the guys work, but it's awesome to see him implode whenever Boston loses.

I was shocked to see how many people (in general not just on here) had the Sox winning in 3 or 4, as if the 'Stros are a Cinderella team. I guess people are still adjusting to the Astros being a top team and the Red Sox no longer being one.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Good. Screw the ****Sox and their cocky fans.

The best part about this was Simmons implosion once again. I love the guys work, but it's awesome to see him implode whenever Boston loses.

I was shocked to see how many people (in general not just on here) had the Sox winning in 3 or 4, as if the 'Stros are a Cinderella team. I guess people are still adjusting to the Astros being a top team and the Red Sox no longer being one.

Yep. I'm in Houston and this team is really very good. May not win the whole thing but Cleveland air of invincibility has taken a sure hit no matter how the rest of their series goes, and if NY wins, well Houston took five of seven from them during the year so they won't be intimidated by them either.

They have the best position right now. They aren't the defending champs, they don't have several years of underachieving (Wash & LA) on their back, Cleveland has all the pressure on them right now and NY are the media darlings, so the Astros have been kind of flying under the radar all season and are probably very happy to keep doing so. Heck many experts said they wouldn't be able to hit that good Boston pitching. That sure didn't pan out.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Good. Screw the ****Sox and their cocky fans.

The reason I thought Boston could win was because I thought the Astros offense would resemble other heavy-hitting lineups that have been silenced in the playoffs and the good pitching beats good hitting theory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->