Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
With Oleksy called up and Bieksa on IR, Eaves has been placed on LTIR, which means, according to CapFriendly, we have $2.6 million in current cap space.
We can put any of our long term injured players on LTIR right? I'm only wondering because we could have put Kesler or even Fowler on there to get more space. Or do you have to choose the player with the lowest cap hit?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Any or all could be put on LTIR. But, there has to be space to bring them back when they are ready. Eaves is probably out the year, so not as big a problem regarding what to do when he returns.

Last edited:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
This team isn’t going to go after a Russian in a trade, it’s kinda silly to even discuss it. And if we go after any forward, it should be for someone you know can make an impact, even if it costs more. No more half-measures or band-aid fixes, get someone who we actually need to win with or do nothing.

Perron, Neal, Duchene, or JVR, obviously at the right price, should be the players we target. Not sure if I’m interested in going after young, unproven players like Reinhart or Galchyenuk.
I mean, Anaheim traded for a Russian player 2 years ago. Is it unlikely to happen? Sure, but I'd hardly say it's silly to talk about a possible move from Anaheim for him just because he's Russian when Anaheim just traded for one a couple of years ago.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I mean, Anaheim traded for a Russian player 2 years ago. Is it unlikely to happen? Sure, but I'd hardly say it's silly to talk about a possible move from Anaheim for him just because he's Russian when Anaheim just traded for one a couple of years ago.

I do think it's noteworthy that the Ducks haven't drafted/signed/acquired/invested in any young/unproven Russians during Murray's entire tenure. The only exceptions were a pair of goalies who were already established backups.

However, I don't think that means the chances of trading for one are zero either.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Bob has previously stated he doesn't attempt to evaluate the team until at least Dec 1 every year. With all the injuries it would appear to be even harder to get a good read by then. Although I understand his reluctance to draft/develop Russians, trading for a 30 year old who could fit the 3C position doesn't seem so out of the question if the price was right and retention was involved. It's not the same as counting on him to be a part of the core for years to come.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
The worry with Russians is that they'll bolt for the KHL. That is a draft concern. Russian players that already playing in the NHL isn't a concern at all.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I remember thinking we were going to be set that year when Chistov and the other rookie.. Smirnov? Can't remember his name scored in our first game.

Smirnov AND Chistov.

Not sure why the team drafted Smirnov. The guy was never the power forward type when he was playing with his junior teams in Russia a long time ago

I wish Chistov worked out for us. He had that one great season and then regressed completely. I remember Barry Melrose on ESPN once calling him the 'next Paul Kariya' (many moons ago). He still can stickhandle and score very well in Russia.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The worry with Russians is that they'll bolt for the KHL. That is a draft concern. Russian players that already playing in the NHL isn't a concern at all.
Nichushkin, Kovalchuk, Sobotka, Radulov off the top of my head

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
If you’re Murray, do you put out feelers for a 2/3 quality center, who could help keep the team afloat now but would improve them down the middle when healthy?

I would. I think it has both short-term and long-term gain. Assuming we can afford it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If you’re Murray, do you put out feelers for a 2/3 quality center, who could help keep the team afloat now but would improve them down the middle when healthy?

I would. I think it has both short-term and long-term gain. Assuming we can afford it.
idk that price is an issue, I think we almost have too.... team looked a lot better with rakell on the wing[/QUOTE]

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Who realistically is available tho? as a 2/3 guy

Bozak
duechene (maybe?)
Galchenyuk
RNH
shipachyov

I personally like bozak the most as far as price paid + gain... but duechene/RNH would really put us up in the top tier(doesn't seem likely wed go for that kind of move)... Ship and galchenyuk seem like high risk players that might not pan out

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Nichushkin, Kovalchuk, Sobotka, Radulov off the top of my head
Radulov and Nichushkin are what I was talking about him avoiding.

Edit: And I have no idea why Sobotka is in there, seeing as he played out his contract before leaving.

Last edited:

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Who realistically is available tho? as a 2/3 guy

Bozak
duechene (maybe?)
Galchenyuk
RNH
shipachyov

I personally like bozak the most as far as price paid + gain... but duechene/RNH would really put us up in the top tier(doesn't seem likely wed go for that kind of move)... Ship and galchenyuk seem like high risk players that might not pan out
In spite of what Leafs fans on the trade boards say, I don't think Bozak will be available till the Leafs are out of contention.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
In spite of what Leafs fans on the trade boards say, I don't think Bozak will be available till the Leafs are out of contention.
I kinda agree, was kinda just going off what ive seen on trade boards and what not.... then again bozak isn't really their matchup center(kadri is) so if bozak can be sold for decent pieces rather then lose him for free the team might consider, guess it depends on how confident the team feels about their chances. Maybe they go find a more prototypical 3rd line center at the deadline .

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania

He should have been doing this since the draft, really. The fact that he hasn't yet suggests we just can't afford it, imo. I'm hoping Ship gets formally released and signs a one year deal with us for 2 million. Would be a win-win for both parties. Outside of that, it'll have to be a hockey trade which I don't think we have the capspace or assets for at the moment.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He should have been doing this since the draft, really. The fact that he hasn't yet suggests we just can't afford it, imo. I'm hoping Ship gets formally released and signs a one year deal with us for 2 million. Would be a win-win for both parties. Outside of that, it'll have to be a hockey trade which I don't think we have the capspace or assets for at the moment.
We def have the assets to go after anyone wed like really, its more on the lines of is it worth the risk to go all in.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I kinda agree, was kinda just going off what ive seen on trade boards and what not.... then again bozak isn't really their matchup center(kadri is) so if bozak can be sold for decent pieces rather then lose him for free the team might consider, guess it depends on how confident the team feels about their chances. Maybe they go find a more prototypical 3rd line center at the deadline .
We aren't going to cough up those decent pieces to land a rental center.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We aren't going to cough up those decent pieces to land a rental center.
I think it depends on the cost we did spend a 1st on a winger last season. I don't think we can afford to sit and wait for the rest of the pacific to heat up. Still have awhile before Kesler comes back, rakell just looks so much better on the wing than he does at center. Were pretty lucky to be in the position in the standings right now.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Duchene still makes the most sense to me. He has term but not enough to block Steel. Hes always played center and been successful there. If we're giving up assets for a center upgrade. He is the best fit IMO.

Reactions: Duck Off
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad