Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Completely agree - and honestly he has the tools to steal a job from anyone that doesn’t come into camp at the top of their game.

When he went overseas I think that playing regularly was the expectation - being a guy that could get into the lineup every night.

He played 19:27 a night for Djurgarden - which jumped to over 21 minutes in the playoffs - chipped in 13 points in 49 games, improved his skating and puck moving while keeping his nasty edge and sound defensive hockey.

IMO he’ll be in camp til the bitter end and if the likes of Sekera, Klefbom and Russell aren’t careful he could steal a job.

Great to hear. You can never have enough defence. If we drafted 10 and 3 would make it, I would consider that a success. Well compared to years back anyway

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Go Broncos! I'm hoping for a split in Lethbridge. A sweep would be nice but I'm not greedy. :)

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Stuart Skinner stopped 29 of 33 shots, but the Hurricanes made the Broncos a bunch of tumblin' tumbleweeds 5-1 to narrow the series at 2-1.
WHL Network
Third period gets away from Broncos in Game 3 loss – Swift Current Broncos
04-24-2018: Hurricanes (5) vs. Broncos (1) – Lethbridge Hurricanes

Game 4 tonight:
Swift Current at Lethbridge @ 7 PM
Listen at 94.1 CIMG Swift Current or watch on WHL Live

Stuart Skinner named WHL goalie of the week:
Broncos TV Exclusive: Stuart Skinner Reacts To Being named WHL Goalie of the Week. – Swift Current Broncos

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Lethbridge shredding Speedy Creek with their PP. 5 PP goals in the last 2 games.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
'Canes have been doing two things great, getting traffic infront of Skinner and repeatedly going glove side. It's become apparent that they have identified that as his weakness.

It looks like the Broncos are worn out after two 7 game series, with the last one having several OT periods.

Reactions: SpoolCat

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
'Canes have been doing two things great, getting traffic infront of Skinner and repeatedly going glove side. It's become apparent that they have identified that as his weakness.
I don't think you need to identify weaknesses in a goalie that played for your team for 4 years.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
I don't think you need to identify weaknesses in a goalie that played for your team for 4 years.

Of course their familiarity has helped, I was simply making an observation about the drop in his numbers this series compared to the first two rounds. Hurricanes obviously privy to information that other teams maybe weren't.

Skinner has by no means been the reason that Swift Current has lost the last two games. In fact, he's actually played pretty good despite the numbers and has made several big saves the last two games.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Ok. What the hell. Did we just forget to sign this guy? Ive been out of the loop for a few weeks now. But this guy was doing pretty good over in Europe. Did Oilers management just forget he existed?

Hes a longs shots long shot, but we need as many lottery tickets as possible when it comes to goaltending. Also telling that Nashville, who is stacked at goaltending, signs him right after

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Ok. What the hell. Did we just forget to sign this guy? Ive been out of the loop for a few weeks now. But this guy was doing pretty good over in Europe. Did Oilers management just forget he existed?

Hes a longs shots long shot, but we need as many lottery tickets as possible when it comes to goaltending. Also telling that Nashville, who is stacked at goaltending, signs him right after

I believe his rights expired last year while he was still playing in the Czech2, so I guess they thought he was too much of a long shot even though he was putting up pretty good numbers there.

They probably thought they didn't have room for him with Ellis and Brossoit too, but unfortunately both of them bombed this year.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

It looks like the Broncos are worn out after two 7 game series, with the last one having several OT periods.
Thats strange. Skinner's glove hand has always looked like a big strength to me.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta

Thoughts?

Intersting post game comments from Skinner. As someone who grew up in Lethbridge and a 'Canes fan (and a major Skinner fan), I think its embarrassing to boo either him or Estephan. However, chanting Skinner's name I have no problem with. They did it to Red Deer's goalie, they did it to Brandon's and should do it to Swift Current's and whoever they face. It's going to get a lot worse if he (hopefully) makes the NHL, Nashville fans will literally chant "you suck! it's all your fault!"

Will be super interesting to see how he responds after those two games. I think the environment clearly got to him, I hope he is not too easily rattled and can really bounce back for the rest of the series.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
I wasn't at the game but I sort of felt that the Skinner signs and stuff were mostly the crowd almost chirping a buddy. Don't understand why they would boo Estephan though.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Hate to say it but I think Lethbridge wins the next two. They've taken total control of this series.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Hate to say it but I think Lethbridge wins the next two. They've taken total control of this series.

tenor.gif

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad