Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
6 games tonight and one on TV without a prospect in the lineup.

QMJHL

Victoriaville at Saint John (Ostap Safin) @ 4 PM
Listen at 96.1 CINB Saint John or watch on QMJHL Live

OHL

Guelph at Owen Sound @ Noon on Sportsnet. Dmitri Samorukov will be serving game 2 of his 2 game suspension.

Peterborough (Dylan Wells) at Erie @ 5 PM
Listen at 90.5 CJMB Peterborough or watch on OHL Live

WHL

Brandon at Swift Current (Stuart Skinner) @ 6 PM
Listen at 94.1 CIMG Swift Current or watch on WHL Live

Regina (Cameron Hebig) at Calgary @ 7 PM
Listen at 620 CKRM Regina or watch on WHL Live

Kamloops at Vancouver (Tyler Benson) @ 8 PM
Listen at 1040 CKST Vancouver or watch on WHL Live

Spokane (Kailer Yamamoto) at Kelowna @ 8 PM
Listen at 94.1 KJRB Spokane or watch on WHL Live

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Saw Benson play for the Giants game tonight, was pretty dominant and had a goal and an assist. Wasn't afraid to rough it up either, which was nice to see.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had no points, a shot (not considered dangerous and was -4, as the Tigres feasted on the Sea Dogs 7-3.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Mar. 3/18 Tigres 7 Sea Dogs 3 – QMJHL

The Otters used the Petes as play things 9-3. Dylan Wells had the night off.

Stuart Skinner (W 28-18-4) made 18 saves, as the Broncos tore up the fields of the Wheat Kings 3-1.
WHL Network
Highlights: Wheat Kings (1) at Broncos (3) – WHL Network

Cameron Hebig had 3 assists, 4 shots, won 6 of 17 faceoffs, was +3 and named third star, as the Pats disarmed the Hitmen 3-2 in OT.
WHL Network
Highlights: Pats (3) at Hitmen (2) — OT – WHL Network

Tyler Benson had the GWG and an assist, 7 shots and was even, as the Giants tore the buttons off the Blazers 5-4.
WHL Network
Highlights: Giants (5) Blazers (4) - Vancouver Giants

Kailer Yamamoto had an assist, 2 shots, won 2 of 4 faceoffs and was +1, as the Chiefs dismantled the Rockets 4-2.
WHL Network
HIGHLIGHTS: Spokane (4) at Kelowna (2) – Kelowna Rockets

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
5 games involving 6 prospects today.

QMJHL

Acadie-Bathurst at Saint John (Ostap Safin) @ 11 AM

OHL

Kitchener at Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) @ Noon
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

Peterborough (Dylan Wells) at Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) @ Noon
Listen at 90.5 CJMB Peterborough or 610 CKTB St. Catherines o watch on OHL Live

WHL

Everett at Vancouver (Tyler Benson) @ 3 PM
Listen at 1410 CFTE Vancouver or watch on WHL Live

Regina (Cameron Hebig) at Edmonton @ 4 PM
Listen at TSN 1260 OTA or online or 620 CKRM Regina or watch on WHL Live

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had no points, 6 shots (5 considered dangerous), lost his only faceoff and was -1, as the Titan sent the Sea Dogs yelping into the night 6-4.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Mar. 4/18 Titan 6 Sea Dogs 4 – QMJHL

Kirill Maksimov had no points, 4 shots, served 2 for tripping and was even, as the IceDogs chewed up the shoes of the Petes 4-2. Dylan Wells (L 20-26-6) made 34 saves on 37 shots.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Mar. 4/18 – PBO (2) – NIAG (4) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had an assist, 1 shot and was -2, as the Rangers secured the border against the Storm 5-4 in OT.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Mar. 4/18 – KIT (5) – GUE (4) – OT – Ontario Hockey League

Tyler Benson had no points, 3 shots, won 1 of 3 faceoffs, got called for tripping (PP goal) and was -1, as the Silvertips went all Grizzly Adams on the Giants 6-1.
WHL Network
Highlights: Silvertips (6) at Giants (1) – WHL Network

Cameron Hebig had 3 assists, a shot, won 5 of 12 faceoffs, was +2 and named third star, as the Pats denied a pipeline for the Oil Kings 7-4.
WHL Network
Highlights: Pats (7) at Oil Kings (4) – WHL Network

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Lagesson has 1 G 4 A in his last 10 GP, playing time has been a bit up and down but lately he's back at 20+ mins per game. He gets the tough minutes and a lot of PK time, which is what he himself prefers. He is by far the best shot blocker on the team. He has been working a lot on skating and fast passing and thinks he has made good progress.

Honestly though I am just stats watching (and checking interviews), haven't seen him play in a while now...

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Noticed that Skinner has been putting up some pretty stellar numbers after being traded to Swift Current.

I wonder if he makes the jump to pro next season.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
5 games tonight.

QMJHL

Charlottetown at Saint John (Ostap Safin) @ 4 PM

OHL

Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) at London @ 5 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

WHL

Calgary at Swift Current (Stuart Skinner) @ 6 PM
Listen at 94.1 CIMG Swift Current or watch on WHL Live

Vancouver (Tyler Benson) at Kelowna @ 8 PM
Listen at 1410 CFTE Vancouver or watch on WHL Live

Spokane (Kailer Yamamoto) at Victoria @ 8 PM
Listen at 1510 KGA Spokane or watch on WHL Live

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Noticed that Skinner has been putting up some pretty stellar numbers after being traded to Swift Current.

I wonder if he makes the jump to pro next season.
I'm really interested how they'll handle goaltending in the minors next year. They've got one of Montoya/LB, Ellis, Starett in the system already, and both Wells and Skinner could turn pro. Lots of options for a very limited number of spots.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
I'm really interested how they'll handle goaltending in the minors next year. They've got one of Montoya/LB, Ellis, Starett in the system already, and both Wells and Skinner could turn pro. Lots of options for a very limited number of spots.

Either Montoya or LB will be gone, maybe both. I think they will bring in a real good backup/1B kinda guy. I think Skinner will go back to Junior honestly, and Wells will start in the ECHL probably, although who knows they could send him back as an overage goalie too. I don’t think it would hurt either Skinner or Wells. Wells regressed this year by quite a bit, or his team did idk.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Either Montoya or LB will be gone, maybe both. I think they will bring in a real good backup/1B kinda guy. I think Skinner will go back to Junior honestly, and Wells will start in the ECHL probably, although who knows they could send him back as an overage goalie too. I don’t think it would hurt either Skinner or Wells. Wells regressed this year by quite a bit, or his team did idk.

I still really like Wells.

His team got much worse and their conference got waaaay stronger, so the Petes had a rough season.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
It'll be really interesting to see what happens with goaltending.

I'd like to see them pick up a better guy to push Talbot than Montoya in Edmonton.
Montoya or Brossoit (I'd prefer Brossoit) and Ellis in Bakersfield?
Starrett and Wells in the ECHL?

But where does that leave Skinner? He's playing extremely well in Swift right now, he probably should make the jump to pro, but Starrett seems to be doing well and I'd hate to give up on Wells.

Maybe they'll bring everyone to camp and give up either Starrett or Ellis before the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad