2017-2018 Preseason/Training Camp Discussion Thread

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Is there any sort of streaming video of camp like they did last year on periscope? Wouldn't mind having it on the background.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Brayden Schenn has missed last 4 season only 5 games so lets see how many games he'll miss in Blues at first regulaer season? :sarcasm:

Blues are cursed.

Last edited:

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Brayden Schenn has missed last 4 season only 5 games so lets see how many games he'll miss in Blues at first regulaer season? :sarcasm:

Blues are cursed.

Zero doubt in my mind that he suffers a 3 week long injury at some point this year.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Zero doubt in my mind that he suffers a 3 week long injury at some point this year.

But seriously doesn't Blues had one of the best condition and strenght guy Nelson Ayotte? But looks like he isn't anymore with Blues. Looks like Eric Renaghan is currently our coach in that part.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Blues were always injured under Ayotte. Dont know if it was had anything to do with his regiment or not

Its great to hear Tarasenko is coming in leaner.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I really sad I have to miss next week's preseason game in DC, but Between the Buried and Me has the opening night of their Colors aniversary tour that same night in Baltimore. Shame, but just a preseason game.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I really sad I have to miss next week's preseason game in DC, but Between the Buried and Me has the opening night of their Colors aniversary tour that same night in Baltimore. Shame, but just a preseason game.
That's the only reasonable exception to missing a Blues game. I'm going to the Lawrence, Kansas show!

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Absolutely not. I dont know if anyone has any details to anything he did. All we can go off of is muscle injuries...at least thats what I guess.

After I decided on a career in strength and conditioning I tried to find some info on Ayotte, and most of what I found was that he implements lots of high altitude or low oxygen training. The main thing I recently found about Renaghan is that he focuses on recovery and myofascial release. That should at least help with injuries.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
After I decided on a career in strength and conditioning I tried to find some info on Ayotte, and most of what I found was that he implements lots of high altitude or low oxygen training. The main thing I recently found about Renaghan is that he focuses on recovery and myofascial release. That should at least help with injuries.

Im not trying to blame him, Injuries happen no matter what. I bet that training killed Lehtera lmao

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Sounds like Sam Blais is making an impression and the coaches are high on him....

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Doubt he makes the team over TT

Tage didn't like too good last year in his stint with the wolves, whereas Blais looked fantastic. TT has a lot of stuff he needs to work on, only thing truely NHL ready is his shot. And if we want Tage getting as many minutes as possible, he might be best to have him season in the A more and bring up Blais, who probably cap as a 3rd liner, 2/3 line tweener max.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Aka Blazer lmao

More like, AKA Blah (according to AHL announcers haha).

Tage didn't like too good last year in his stint with the wolves, whereas Blais looked fantastic. TT has a lot of stuff he needs to work on, only thing truely NHL ready is his shot. And if we want Tage getting as many minutes as possible, he might be best to have him season in the A more and bring up Blais, who probably cap as a 3rd liner, 2/3 line tweener max.

I would be genuinely shocked if Blais makes the team over TT. Tags definitely still has a long way to go, but I think he is a lot closer than some folks here think.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
More like, AKA Blah (according to AHL announcers haha).

I would be genuinely shocked if Blais makes the team over TT. Tags definitely still has a long way to go, but I think he is a lot closer than some folks here think.

Welll...he is older and more seasoned then TT. I don't know why anyone would br shocked

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I said it in another thread. Blais (pronounced blah per wolves announcer) and Musil (m-yoo-seal per wolves announcers lol) both were really impressive in the playoffs last year. Real standouts. Guys who fit the bottom six role that can really play. That gives them advantage over the younger guys who are projected top 6 forwards.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

Just leaving this here. Outside of the obvious propects, Toropchenko has been the best of the rest so far. I was high on this kid after prospects camp and Traverse and now 2 days of regular camp have done nothing but raise my hopes.

Super sleeper.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
On Blais, I would like to point out that he's been recognized in training camp for the last two years. Two years ago, Hitchcock praised his skill before sending him down to juniors for his last season, and last year, he was one of the very last prospects sent down to Chicago. I think Barbeshev was even sent down before him. So it's not like Blais is suddenly looking like he's ready. He's been impressive for quite a bit now.

To me, I think he's more NHL ready than Thompson.

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Sounds like I was selling Blais a little short. Good for him. I hope he continues to impress. The more prospects impressing, the better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad