2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
still they have 12 other player ready if they cant play reway :P no need to call back just before brampton game kinda a dick move

Grégoire didn't make the trip due to injury, so he's one less option. Deslauriers can replace Holland as a vet. The only other forward who was scratched yesterday that can play today is Niki Petti, who would take Reway's spot. With a third game in three nights tomorrow (especially since it's an afternoon game), they called up two Beast players in case of more injuries or just as extra options for tomorrow.

This is how I see it.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Grégoire didn't make the trip due to injury, so he's one less option. Deslauriers can replace Holland as a vet. The only other forward who was scratched yesterday that can play today is Niki Petti, who would take Reway's spot. With a third game in three nights tomorrow (especially since it's an afternoon game), they called up two Beast players in case of more injuries or just as extra options for tomorrow.

This is how I see it.

oh I didn't know about gregoire I guess it make more sense now

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
How were Scherbak and Jerabek last night and generally how have they been this season ?

Production is looking good anyway, though from the shot total Scherbak isn't shooting much. He a playmaker now?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How were Scherbak and Jerabek last night and generally how have they been this season ?

Production is looking good anyway, though from the shot total Scherbak isn't shooting much. He a playmaker now?

Scherbak could benefit from shooting more. His goal against Binghamton last week was the kind of shots a lot of NHL'ers can't make. Other than that, he's looked absolutely great. Everytime he has the puck, you feel like something is going to happen.

Jerabek has looked good in moments, but others he doesn't. I still think he'd be better than the Morrows, Davidsons, and Benns in Montreal. But considering it's his first time on smaller ice rinks, he is doing well. Offensively, you can see why Montreal signed him.

Reactions: HankyZetts

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Scherbak could benefit from shooting more. His goal against Binghamton last week was the kind of shots a lot of NHL'ers can't make. Other than that, he's looked absolutely great. Everytime he has the puck, you feel like something is going to happen.

Jerabek has looked good in moments, but others he doesn't. I still think he'd be better than the Morrows, Davidsons, and Benns in Montreal. But considering it's his first time on smaller ice rinks, he is doing well. Offensively, you can see why Montreal signed him.

Thank you for this.

After he was cut at camp he said he blew it, all his fault.

He got called up for one more exhibition game and it was the best I have seen of him in 2 years. It was like it hit him that his NHL career was slipping through his hands and he got a sense of urgency. Seems to be carrying over.

I have seen young guys brought up for some games because of good play, then sent down and it's like the wheels fell off.

Tempting to want Scherbak being brought up but worried if he doesn't stick that the wheels fall off. Maybe it's best if he just keeps playing in the AHL for now.

I think Jerabek needs to be brought up soon. I appreciate your comments on his being better than the motley group up now. Think we need to see how he works with Weber so Mete can go to the 3rd pairing.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

without watching I thought the same about Scherbak shooting more. that goal was just nasty. Would love to see more of that from him. Really glad he's doing well at the moment. My faith is being restored in him. Definitely leave him down there.

Really thought Jerabek would do better. Hopefully he can still improve.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Good thing for McNiven to be there. As we can see, it's not an easy place to be for a young goalie.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Thank you for this.

After he was cut at camp he said he blew it, all his fault.

He got called up for one more exhibition game and it was the best I have seen of him in 2 years. It was like it hit him that his NHL career was slipping through his hands and he got a sense of urgency. Seems to be carrying over.

I have seen young guys brought up for some games because of good play, then sent down and it's like the wheels fell off.

Tempting to want Scherbak being brought up but worried if he doesn't stick that the wheels fall off. Maybe it's best if he just keeps playing in the AHL for now.

I think Jerabek needs to be brought up soon. I appreciate your comments on his being better than the motley group up now. Think we need to see how he works with Weber so Mete can go to the 3rd pairing.

I think Scherbak could benefit from what Hudon benefitted from, which is dominating at the AHL level. If anything Scherbak is more talented and if the club leaves him in place to have a great 40-50 games with consistency, then perhaps it would be time for a callup. If there is a very short-term injury need, there are always Terry, Holland and Froese available. Let's not mess with Nikita's confidence just yet.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think Scherbak could benefit from what Hudon benefitted from, which is dominating at the AHL level. If anything Scherbak is more talented and if the club leaves him in place to have a great 40-50 games with consistency, then perhaps it would be time for a callup. If there is a very short-term injury need, there are always Terry, Holland and Froese available. Let's not mess with Nikita's confidence just yet.

I completely agree with this.

The Habs have rushed a few prospects like McCarron and De La Rose to the NHL. It's not that these guys are offensive dynamos. But they may have hurt their development by keeping them in Montreal for long runs. Neither have played a full AHL season since they turned pro. Then you have the opposite in Hudon and you see the benefit in letting the kid marinate a bit. He may not have scored yet (who has in Habs?), but you watch him play and you know that he is NHL material. And Top-9 material now and he has the potential to be Top-6.

Scherbak can benefit greatly by taking the Hudon path. Let this kid marinate because he has, like Hudon, the potential to be on the top lines in Montreal in the years to come. He is off to a great start with 9 points in 6 games. We know the pace will slow down, but at this very moment, with the 76 games Laval will play, the kid is on pace for 114 points.

Let us not forget as well, Nikita is only 21 years old.

Reactions: donghabs98

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DMv_FVQXcAAghNz.jpg

It's the rematch today after losing their 3rd straight last night 5-2.

Still no update on who will be in nets. But it will surely be Hogberg since McNiven played last night and this is an afternoon game.

Last edited:

Matteus

May 11, 2009
I completely agree with this.

The Habs have rushed a few prospects like McCarron and De La Rose to the NHL. It's not that these guys are offensive dynamos. But they may have hurt their development by keeping them in Montreal for long runs. Neither have played a full AHL season since they turned pro. Then you have the opposite in Hudon and you see the benefit in letting the kid marinate a bit. He may not have scored yet (who has in Habs?), but you watch him play and you know that he is NHL material. And Top-9 material now and he has the potential to be Top-6.

Scherbak can benefit greatly by taking the Hudon path. Let this kid marinate because he has, like Hudon, the potential to be on the top lines in Montreal in the years to come. He is off to a great start with 9 points in 6 games. We know the pace will slow down, but at this very moment, with the 76 games Laval will play, the kid is on pace for 114 points.

Let us not forget as well, Nikita is only 21 years old.

Totally agree with you and Baseball Coach on this.
Right now the Habs have a powerful tide of negativity to overcome and my concern is if these two kids aren't difference makers within the next few days they'll be back down no more than 10 days from now.
They're only a few games into the season and although they've put some points on the board, you're not ''consistent'' all of a sudden after five games.
I'd rather have them work on being consistent in the AHL for a longer spell.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
With the farm club just 30 minutes away it is just normal that we will see more movement with players that passed waivers or like Scherbak and McCarron that don't need to pass waivers. Also, I'm tired of reading that any move will affect them. They are just given an opportunity. If being called up and sent down is ruining your development it's because you are not strong enough mentally.

Reactions: Bacchus1

Matteus

May 11, 2009
With the farm club just 30 minutes away it is just normal that we will see more movement with players that passed waivers or like Scherbak and McCarron that don't need to pass waivers. Also, I'm tired of reading that any move will affect them. They are just given an opportunity. If being called up and sent down is ruining your development it's because you are not strong enough mentally.

Right, so let's keep playing yo-yo with these kids.
Let's bring them up when they get a couple of points and send them down when they're 0 for 2 in the NHL.
It worked wonders in the past, right?
Not so much with McCarron, DLR, Carr, Andrigetto but with others (that I can't recall) it worked wonders.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Right, so let's keep playing yo-yo with these kids.
Let's bring them up when they get a couple of points and send them down when they're 0 for 2 in the NHL.
It worked wonders in the past, right?
Not so much with McCarron, DLR, Carr, Andrigetto but with others (that I can't recall) it worked wonders.
Andrigetto is doing fine on top 6 like right now :naughty:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Andrigetto is doing fine on top 6 like right now :naughty:

And he was doing fine on the Habs' top line two years ago when he played with Galchenyuk and Pacioretty.

Although to be fair, he had a crappy training camp last year. He was one of the prospects (along with Carr) most pegged as making the team out of camp. Carr did because he had picked it up at the end of camp, though Ghetto didn't.

Still, it isn't so much as trading him that looks bad now. It's that the return was terrible. And he now is playing in the minors for the Blackhawks.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
And he was doing fine on the Habs' top line two years ago when he played with Galchenyuk and Pacioretty.

Although to be fair, he had a crappy training camp last year. He was one of the prospects (along with Carr) most pegged as making the team out of camp. Carr did because he had picked it up at the end of camp, though Ghetto didn't.

Still, it isn't so much as trading him that looks bad now. It's that the return was terrible. And he now is playing in the minors for the Blackhawks.

but Montreal got Baun :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad