2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
McNiven, Ebbing, Boucher and Corrin are playing today in brampton

former habs prospect Fournier is playing, Traccitto, MacLean and Blain who were called up with the icecaps before is there too.

Just for the record, it's a pre-season game. They're playing a University team: Wilfrid Laurier University. Their season starts next Saturday.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Just for the record, it's a pre-season game. They're playing a University team: Wilfrid Laurier University. Their season starts next Saturday.

yeah I know they are playing with few tryout too. its a free game too if anyone is from around toronto ;)

Boucher scored

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
yeah I know they are playing with few tryout too. its a free game too if anyone is from around toronto ;)

Boucher scored

It's what I want in Brampton. Whoever there is involved with the Canadiens in terms of contracts (whether ELC or AHL/ECHL contract) is who I want to see lead that team.

Also, with a look like this, Boucher will probably have guys jumping out of his way:

boucher.jpg

pled

Sep 7, 2009
gelinas out for jerabek too

Kinda glad they dont play broll every game like last year

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
was a good game although I don't see Jerabek sticking around long, he'll be in the NHL at some point soon I would think. Scherbak with another good game, same for Lindgren.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nikita looks good. Keep it up kid!

He does. He may have only gotten 1 assist in all this scoring, where later on when this game is no longer in memory, some will look at the scoresheet and see he only has 1 point in all this. But he plays so well. He looked real good out there both games. It's just different when he has the puck. He's real smooth.

Even McCarron, who didn't have a single point tonight had a good one.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Nikita looks good. Keep it up kid!

Scherbak was always going to be a project.

He reminds me AK a little bit. AK had some slight balance problem at the beginning of his career from what i can recall. He was not very strong on the puck. He struggled a lot in his first AHL season. Did only 23 points. He had a better 2nd season int he AHL but nothing to write home about with 47 points at 20-21 years old. Struggled in the NHL at first too. He really found his mojo at 22 years old. He had a short career because of off ice problems but the way he manhandled guys like Chara and Lucic in his prime was surprising considering the guy he was at 19 years old.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Lernout and Jerebek will be with the big Club sooner rather than later.

Adios Streit, Morrow, even Davidson and Benn.

I know it's tempting, but I would probably try keeping Lernout down this year because he will be on the top pair with one of the best AHL defensemen. I know some will say Taormina is not NHL material so what does Lernout have to learn from him, but he can learn a lot from a 30-year old veteran.

Lernout will play big minutes in Laval this year and even if he will cap as a 3rd pairing defenseman in the NHL, playing big minutes against the top players in the AHL can help him a lot.

Jul 6, 2016
I know it's tempting, but I would probably try keeping Lernout down this year because he will be on the top pair with one of the best AHL defensemen. I know some will say Taormina is not NHL material so what does Lernout have to learn from him, but he can learn a lot from a 30-year old veteran.

Lernout will play big minutes in Laval this year and even if he will cap as a 3rd pairing defenseman in the NHL, playing big minutes against the top players in the AHL can help him a lot.

He already played two full seasons at AHL level. That's plenty.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

He reminds me AK a little bit. AK had some slight balance problem at the beginning of his career from what i can recall. He was not very strong on the puck. He struggled a lot in his first AHL season. Did only 23 points. He had a better 2nd season int he AHL but nothing to write home about with 47 points at 20-21 years old. Struggled in the NHL at first too. He really found his mojo at 22 years old. He had a short career because of off ice problems but the way he manhandled guys like Chara and Lucic in his prime was surprising considering the guy he was at 19 years old.
He plays more like Sergei, a passer. I don't think he'll ever be as physical as Andrei but it would be nice, Andrei was a tank when he was on his game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That sucks

Hope he has a big season and makes the habs next year
Seems like the perfect partner for Galchenyuk

I think many overlook his season from last year, he should have a big year I'm fully expecting it but I also wouldn't be shocked at all if he's traded in a package as we need the help and a big year should up his value. If not I do think it would be interesting to see him with Galchenyuk, although CJ would likely lose his mind as Scherbak is soft and not very good in his own end.

Ak was very raw when he came over but he was a lot more physically mature then Scherbak at the same age. He was more of a tank and Scherbak is very much lacking strength.

Much like AK though, both had good 2nd pro seasons, AK was 2nd on the team in points, Scherbak was 2nd on his team in assists, 3rd in pts. AK dominated the next season, over a ppg but as someone that watched him and Grabovski together that year, they were a treat to watch and weren't far from leading the team in scoring despite almost 40% of the season to call up.

He already played two full seasons at AHL level. That's plenty.

There's nothing wrong with getting extra time in the AHL, but it could be very wrong if you don't get enough. Lernout just turned 22 last week, he struggled at times in the AHL last year, he certainly has things to work on to be better why not give him the time instead of trying to rush another prospect to the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: WinterLion

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My nephew was at the game last evening. Said there were a lot of empty seats. He was sitting in section P1, lots of leg room. Looking like it shouldn't be too difficult to land gameday tickets at the door. Going to break my self-imposed rule about not attending while Lefebvre is coaching. Next game Oct. 13th.

If you had your druthers, which AHL opponent would you absolutely want to see and why?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
My nephew was at the game last evening. Said there were a lot of empty seats. He was sitting in section P1, lots of leg room. Looking like it shouldn't be too difficult to land gameday tickets at the door. Going to break my self-imposed rule about not attending while Lefebvre is coaching. Next game Oct. 13th.

If you had your druthers, which AHL opponent would you absolutely want to see and why?

I won't watch any lefebvre game too haha but if you want the best game the nov 1 game vs toronto is probably the best

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Watched both games. A lot of fine performances by a lot of people. Deslauriers played great as well. Gregoire also stood out.

A lot of exceptional veterans will help these kids.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The interesting thing is that they scored 8 goals in 2 games, yet 2 of the best snipers in the AHL last season in Terry/Froese have a grand total of 1 pt between them. If they can get balanced scoring they will be very hard to beat when Lindgren is in net.

Stupid question but how do you pronounce Deslauriers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad