2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Seattle loses tonight, they are eliminated. I can see Habs offering Tyszka an ATO to join Laval afterwards. Worth noting he was a scratch last night. I don't know if it's injury related or if the coach opted to make him a healthy scratch.

Regina could be eliminated tonight, as well. Though they're hosting the Memorial Cup so I doubt they will bring Fleury to Laval in the meantime. I know they did it with Sergachev last year so you never know.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
If Seattle loses tonight, they are eliminated. I can see Habs offering Tyszka an ATO to join Laval afterwards. Worth noting he was a scratch last night. I don't know if it's injury related or if the coach opted to make him a healthy scratch.

Regina could be eliminated tonight, as well. Though they're hosting the Memorial Cup so I doubt they will bring Fleury to Laval in the meantime. I know they did it with Sergachev last year so you never know.

Big difference, didn't Sergachev play in Detroit, which is a bridge/tunnel crossing away from his junior team?

Regina and Laval are slightly further apart.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So after the Evans watch, that it's not over, seems that we will have the Hawkey watch next year....Hawkey doesn't seem to want to turn pro yet.

Hawkey could have used the NCAA loophole this year if he wanted to since he was drafted out of the USHL and didn't go directly to the NCAA, he could become a UFA this summer. Clearly he's not going to, but if he did he would have to tell the Habs by June 1st I believe.

I said in this thread I didn't think Hawkey will turn pro, they have a very good Sophomore class so next year they can be a real threat as long as Hawkey plays anything close to what he was doing at the end of the season. Providence fans I talked with said they felt he was their MVP this year.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Hawkey could have used the NCAA loophole this year if he wanted to since he was drafted out of the USHL and didn't go directly to the NCAA, he could become a UFA this summer. Clearly he's not going to, but if he did he would have to tell the Habs by June 1st I believe.

I said in this thread I didn't think Hawkey will turn pro, they have a very good Sophomore class so next year they can be a real threat as long as Hawkey plays anything close to what he was doing at the end of the season. Providence fans I talked with said they felt he was their MVP this year.

okay. Thanks for the heads up. Didn't remember the whole USHL-NCAA loophole.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Seattle is eliminated from the playoffs. I don't know if Tyszka is injured or not, but he didn't play the last two games.

If he is indeed healthy, I can see Habs signing him to an ATO to join Laval until their season is over.

Meanwhile, Regina ties the series with a 7-2 win over Swift Current. No points for Fleury but he ended the night +4. A Game 7 will have to decide this series.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Seattle is eliminated from the playoffs. I don't know if Tyszka is injured or not, but he didn't play the last two games.

If he is indeed healthy, I can see Habs signing him to an ATO to join Laval until their season is over.

Meanwhile, Regina ties the series with a 7-2 win over Swift Current. No points for Fleury but he ended the night +4. A Game 7 will have to decide this series.

Tyszka is/was sick and Walford is/was injured.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pezzetta with an assist (his 2nd point of these playoffs) as Sarnia is up 3-1 after 2 periods. A win for them today and they advance.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sarnia wins 5-2 and takes the series. Pezzetta ended the series with 2 pts (1G, 1A) in 6 games. Though it should be specified that his 2 points came in the last two games. Hopefully this will get him going and he can produce more in Round 2.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The second round of the OHL playoffs is set. All 3 of the Habs prospects have the opportunity to move in the 3rd round as neither will face each other.

Will Bitten and Hamilton will take on Niagara IceDogs.
Michael Pezzetta and Sarnia will take on Kitchener Rangers.
Hayden Verbeek and Sault Sate. Marie will take on Owen Sound.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Moose Jaw is tied 3-3 right now in the 2nd intermission. If they win tonight, they advance to the 2nd round. So far, Brook has an assist on Moose Jaw's 3rd goal. It's his 4th point of the series so far.

Reactions: Habs76

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Regina lost game 7 tonight...Will we see Fleury with the Rockets before Memorial cup?
Probably. They did that with Bourque in 2016 (no Memorial though), and the Memorial Cup is a month and a half away.

Wouldn’t mind giving Fleury a 5-game taste of the AHL, he should definitely play over pointless ATO’s like Webster and Plant.
I don't think he can, the Memorial Cup is part of the CHL season, so his CHL season is not over, making him ineligible to join the AHL.
Didn't Sergachev play an NHL game between his elimination and the Mem Cup? Not the same league but still played pro in between.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Tyszka was just ok in his 3 games, not bad but nothing special

Fleury was pretty solid, should be interesting to see how he does in the Memorial Cup

Moose Jaw plays Game 7 tonight

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Probably. They did that with Bourque in 2016 (no Memorial though), and the Memorial Cup is a month and a half away.

Wouldn’t mind giving Fleury a 5-game taste of the AHL, he should definitely play over pointless ATO’s like Webster and Plant.

Didn't Sergachev play an NHL game between his elimination and the Mem Cup? Not the same league but still played pro in between.

Sergachev was signed to an NHL contract at the time and recalled to Montreal as an emergency call-ups (because they didn't have enough D due to injuries in both Montreal and for the Ice Caps).

Fleury is not signed to a contract yet, and we aren't totally depleted like last year. Now, say Josh Brook were to lose tonight, he could sign an ATO with Laval without signing a contract with MTL and still return to junior next year.

Reactions: schnapshot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad