2017-2018 Blues Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Thomas with a monster 1:40 second shift on the PK. Comes off when the other team finally takes a penalty, then back out there 40 seconds later for his shift on the PP.

Nice setup by Thomas that wasn't converted. Fifteen seconds later the Titans come back down the ice and score.

2-1 Hamilton.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Thanks for the interview link Itsnotatrap that was great to listen to!

When asked what are two key things he’s going to work on this summer in getting ready for the NHL, he said getting stronger since he’ll be competing against men and working on his first 3 strides to have a quicker acceleration. Sounds good.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Hamilton with a 4 minute PP and Thomas has been spoon feeding Saigeon chances. Thomas had no less than 3 gorgeous sauce passes thru the slot in about a minute, but they couldn’t finish.

Finally Hamilton tied it up after the PP ended off a 1-timer from Mattinen. Game tied 1-1 halfway thru.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Spectacular blocker save by Fulcher on a pats PP to keep the score 2-1. Exciting third period so far, some end to end action and both teams have had some PP time.

EDIT: Thomas looks tired or something. Doesn’t look quite as dynamic as usual, he’s been a bit slower to get up after being knocked down. Nothing too concerning, he’s been logging HUGE minutes, but think he looks a step slow tonight.

EDIT2: Thomas is still threading ridiculous passes thru the slot haha

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Thomas looks tired or something. Doesn’t look quite as dynamic as usual, he’s been a bit slower to get up after being knocked down. Nothing too concerning, he’s been logging HUGE minutes, but think he looks a step slow tonight.
Was gonna say the same thing. Perhaps he has virus or something?

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Was gonna say the same thing. Perhaps he has virus or something?
Probably just tired. Don’t think the CHL tracks TOI, but Thomas has been playing huge minutes all playoffs.

Regina scored to make it 3-1 but Hamilton answered a couple minutes later with a nice effort by Bitten. Going to come down to the wire...

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Probably just tired. Don’t think the CHL tracks TOI, but Thomas has been playing huge minutes all playoffs.

Regina scored to make it 3-1 but Hamilton answered a couple minutes later with a nice effort by Bitten. Going to come down to the wire...

In that article I posted in the Blues Discussion thread, Gruden said he had been playing like 27 minutes a night. No wonder he’s tired

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I hope he was tired because outside of that Swift Current game he was a complete non factor all Memorial Cup. Just like the WJC and his games in London I’ve come away pretty underwhelmed. Still looks like a future 3C to me. Now might be a good time to trade him if he could be the centerpiece of a trade bringing in a substantial upgrade up front. Unless our strategy is to horde all of the 3Cs onto one team so nobody else can have one, we have to start clearing some of these guys. Thomas would have the most value as there’s still some hope he could be a top 6 center so a team might be willing to part with a pretty solid scorer in return.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I hope he was tired because outside of that Swift Current game he was a complete non factor all Memorial Cup. Just like the WJC and his games in London I’ve come away pretty underwhelmed. Still looks like a future 3C to me. Now might be a good time to trade him if he could be the centerpiece of a trade bringing in a substantial upgrade up front. Unless our strategy is to horde all of the 3Cs onto one team so nobody else can have one, we have to start clearing some of these guys. Thomas would have the most value as there’s still some hope he could be a top 6 center so a team might be willing to part with a pretty solid scorer in return.
:skeptic:

Reactions: The Note in Ky

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

You are completely correct. Maybe we can get lucky and get Patches for him. Montreal may want us to add a sweatener to the deal, like 2nd round pick.

Reactions: Novacain

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad