Recalled/Assigned: 2017-18 Sharks Roster moves thread: Heed recalled to keep Ryan company in the press box also Bibeau

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Heed and Balcers sent back to Barracuda 2/11/18

giphy.gif

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Heed and Mashinter up.

I really love the progression on Demelo’s fort. It sounds like a place full of magic and fantasy.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Hell yeah, Mashinter! Because why would we want to give a shot to a ****ing AHL all-star with scoring touch when we can have Facepunchy McPoorMansClowe?

:yo:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Is this another NHL paycheck call up?

Probably. I doubt any of these guys they call up right now are going to get games in.

Mashinter started hot and then became basically invisible on offense for the last 20 or so games. If they wanted to bring up a big guy I wish they'd have rewarded Helewka with a callup.

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Does anyone know the rules for practice or skating with a team? Like if a player is assigned to the AHL squad, is he "allowed" to practice with the NHL team? If this is against some sort or rules, maybe they just want to see what different line combos look like with different players during practice and are doing it this way.

For a team that has both its AHL and NHL squads under one roof, I'm sure this gets complicated.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Does anyone know the rules for practice or skating with a team? Like if a player is assigned to the AHL squad, is he "allowed" to practice with the NHL team? If this is against some sort or rules, maybe they just want to see what different line combos look like with different players during practice and are doing it this way.

For a team that has both its AHL and NHL squads under one roof, I'm sure this gets complicated.

I didn't consider this and yes I think in order to participate in NHL practices you need to be on the NHL roster.

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I didn't consider this and yes I think in order to participate in NHL practices you need to be on the NHL roster.
Would make the most sense since Mashinter could be used as some sort of facepuncher at some point, and in order to get a feel for that he needs to practice with the team. Not saying I agree with using him as a facepuncher, but it makes sense.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Balcers is making a strong case for a recall tomorrow.

Peter_DeBoer_Introduced_Sharks_Coach.jpg

"Rudy, I liked what you did last game. It's exactly the kind of scoring pop we need right now with the injuries we have. That's why I thought long and hard about calling you up before I decided that I like Brandon Mashinter more because he uses his hands for the truest of arts: hitting people in the face when I need him to. You understand."

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Peter_DeBoer_Introduced_Sharks_Coach.jpg

"Rudy, I liked what you did last game. It's exactly the kind of scoring pop we need right now with the injuries we have. That's why I thought long and hard about calling you up before I decided that I like Brandon Mashinter more because he uses his hands for the truest of arts: hitting people in the face when I need him to. You understand."
Mashinter is also phenomenal at handing Demelo ice cream cones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad