2017-18 Roster Talk: Part Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I already did. Some of you need to turn it the **** down.

I don’t agree with your lines but I was debating this with a buddy the other day.

Throw a monkey wrench into your opponents scouting for a playoff series. Move Giroux back to center, maybe not for an entire series but to start a series or maybe if they are down in a series.

Lindblom Giroux Konecny
Rafl Coots Voracek
Laughton Patrick Simmonds
???? Filipula Lehtera

They are probably one winger away from this working. Someone to push Rafl and Laughton down a line each.
If you do a move like this you’re probably sending a message to your team that you’re desperate and don’t think they can compete with their opponent but it was just throwing shit against the wall.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Some really nice little personal milestones that it would be awesome if guys hit by seasons end...

Giroux: 30g, 100p (26g, 90p)
Voracek: 20g, 85p (19g, 80p)
Couturier: 75p (70p)
Gostisbehere: 15g, 60p (13g, 55p)
Konecny: 25g, 50p (22g, 44p)
Simmonds: 25g (23g)
Provorov: 15g, 40p (13g, 34p)
Patrick: 30p (25p)

More than anything, id love to see Giroux hit the century mark.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Shot % for D-men:
Ghost 6.4%
Provorov 7.0%
MacDonald 8.2%
Manning 6.0%
Hagg 3.4%
Gudas 1.6%

Gudas is understandable, almost every shot is from the right side of the blue line.
Same with Hagg, who's starting to take some closer shots but mostly from the blue line.
Sanheim is really surprising, he has a good shot, and he's taken a bunch inside the O-zone, nerves? not understanding how to set up a shot? (wait for a screen to develop), or just bad luck.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
If anything crazy happens, it’s would be just switching Couts and Patrick, which won’t happen this year, but prob makes us harder to play vs in the playoffs. It’s going to be interesting to see what other teams do match up wise if/when we make playoffs. If we play Wash (hopefully) then I’m guessing you’ll see Wash try and put their shutdown guys on Couts line, and we will try and go Couts vs Ovie.

My perfect playoff line up would be

Giroux-Patrick-Voracek
Lindblom-Couts-Konecny
Raffl-Flippula-Simmonds
Lethera-Laughton-Read

I’m actually a Weal supporter but I think they go with the “safer” bigger Lethera.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If anything crazy happens, it’s would be just switching Couts and Patrick, which won’t happen this year, but prob makes us harder to play vs in the playoffs. It’s going to be interesting to see what other teams do match up wise if/when we make playoffs. If we play Wash (hopefully) then I’m guessing you’ll see Wash try and put their shutdown guys on Couts line, and we will try and go Couts vs Ovie.

My perfect playoff line up would be

Giroux-Patrick-Voracek
Lindblom-Couts-Konecny
Raffl-Flippula-Simmonds
Lethera-Laughton-Read

I’m actually a Weal supporter but I think they go with the “safer” bigger Lethera.

Why on Earth would you want to split up Giroux and Couturier? They are having career seasons playing together.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Mixing up lines makes sense with a veteran team where the players have experience in different roles and different combos.
This Flyers team is struggling to put 3 lines together, let's not sabotage the two that are working.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Shot % for D-men:
Ghost 6.4%
Provorov 7.0%
MacDonald 8.2%
Manning 6.0%
Hagg 3.4%
Gudas 1.6%

Gudas is understandable, almost every shot is from the right side of the blue line.
Same with Hagg, who's starting to take some closer shots but mostly from the blue line.
Sanheim is really surprising, he has a good shot, and he's taken a bunch inside the O-zone, nerves? not understanding how to set up a shot? (wait for a screen to develop), or just bad luck.
Maybe you should have listed what Sanheims was....1.7 %

It is amazing the hoops you will go thru to try and discount someone who ends up in Haks doghouse.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Maybe you should have listed what Sanheims was....1.7 %

It is amazing the hoops you will go thru to try and discount someone who ends up in Haks doghouse.

What's even more amazing is that people continually take the bait. ;)

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Why on Earth would you want to split up Giroux and Couturier? They are having career seasons playing together.

Because I don't think either success is dependent of each other, and if we want to win a playoff series we need our top 6 to be unstoppable, and only way to do that is split up G and Couts imo

Reactions: Jtown

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
I don't care what Hexy has to do but I would like to see Galchenyuk here next year... of course I care but I mean nothing to drastic ...I think he would be a great addition but I also believe that some size
has to be on the 3rd r 4th line that can play not just saying to fight ( that would be nice but I'm Old school like that).

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I don't care what Hexy has to do but I would like to see Galchenyuk here next year... of course I care but I mean nothing to drastic ...I think he would be a great addition but I also believe that some size
has to be on the 3rd r 4th line that can play not just saying to fight ( that would be nice but I'm Old school like that).

They basically need a make over of the whole 3rd line. Simmonds needs to be traded, Filp needs to not be resigned, and who knows with Weal. Galchenyuk could be a good fit if hes cheap. He could play center until Frost is ready then maybe move back to wing.

Reactions: Flyerfan13

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The biggest problem with the Filppula line is Filppula.

Simmonds can still bounce back next year..especially with a better Center. He is a complimentary player afterall. If we can get a legit quality 3C, Simmer could mesh well with him. Who knows?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Simmonds has to go before next season. A bounce back season wont help us, it will only make his contract worse. Hextall will never trade him during the season, especially when they should be a playoff team, so you lose him for nothing.

Im not against trading him this summer. I just dont think Simmer is washed up. Dude has 23 goals while being half as effective as usual. People gave up on G last year too..

Reactions: Breeze 44

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Im not against trading him this summer. I just dont think Simmer is washed up. Dude has 23 goals while being half as effective as usual. People gave up on G last year too..
I think hell still be a 25-25 guy for a couple more years, but hes a different player than G, he has taken a beating over his career that doesnt bode well for his play as he ages.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think hell still be a 25-25 guy for a couple more years, but hes a different player than G, he has taken a beating over his career that doesnt bode well for his play as he ages.
Yup. Even if G’s skating falls off, he’s an elite playmaker and passer. Simmonds doesn’t have that to fall back on. Plays are dying on his stick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad