Key Biscayne
never happen, but a forward lineup I'd like to see for a game or two:

Voracek-Giroux-Konecny
Lindblom-Couturier-Patrick
(Rafflspot)-Laughton-Simmonds
trash-idiot-that guy

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Reason not to break up Giroux and Couts is your first two lines play the lion's share of ES minutes, so weakening the 1st line to strengthen the 3rd line means not having an elite line for 15-17 ES minutes while slightly improving your third line for 12 ES minutes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not happening.
Can't see Frost moving out Couts (26) or Patrick (20) next year, or anytime this decade, for that matter.
And Giroux isn't playing on the 3rd line.

The question is do you give Frost fast wingers (Laughton, NAK?) for a road runner line or build a balanced line (Rubtsov, Allison)?

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
That lineup makes no sense though.
Voracek is much better at RW vs LW.
Patrick is a C, not a RW.

I think people overrate those things. Voracek is better on the right, but they've rolled Simmonds and Voracek on the same line before. Giroux was never a LW in his life and the dynamic works fine: You basically replicate that with Patrick (where he's essentially C from the red line out and Couturier takes over in the defensive half) and then let Giroux and Voracek make their chemistry work with a Konecny. Not a completely radical proposal.

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Why in god's name would you want to move Patrick out of center? Dumb idea.

What, have him play wing for a game or two? Completely destroy his development, I'm sure. Playing wing does not prevent you from playing 200 ft and making good, smart position plays. A lot of young centers ride wing for a bit early in their careers, it's ok, it doesn't neuter them. I didn't say THIS SHOULD BE THE LINEUP, I said it's an arrangement of players that would be interesting.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What, have him play wing for a game or two? Completely destroy his development, I'm sure. Playing wing does not prevent you from playing 200 ft and making good, smart position plays. A lot of young centers ride wing for a bit early in their careers, it's ok, it doesn't neuter them. I didn't say THIS SHOULD BE THE LINEUP, I said it's an arrangement of players that would be interesting.
But what is the purpose? That is the end game?

Why put Patrick on the wing when he is playing great at C now?
Why put Voracek on LW where he is not as good?

Explain WHY you think it will be better. It just looks like a change, to make a change, even though the top 2 lines are not the issue on the team.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
But what is the purpose? That is the end game?

Why put Patrick on the wing when he is playing great at C now?
Why put Voracek on LW where he is not as good?

Explain WHY you think it will be better. It just looks like a change, to make a change, even though the top 2 lines are not the issue on the team.

I already did. Some of you need to turn it the f*** down.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
... or do you give him fat burgers so he gets some ****ing man strength and can survive in the adult world?

GGW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad