Recalled/Assigned: 2017-18 Sharks Roster moves thread: Heed recalled to keep Ryan company in the press box also Bibeau

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I know AHL stats aren't a way to judge potential, but he's got 49 points last year. Does he have any offensive upside? It's a dumb question but I was just curious.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Do we know the correct pronunciation of Joakim? I've been saying it like Joaquin Phoenix (but with an "m"?), but Randy has been saying "YO-come."

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Do we know the correct pronunciation of Joakim? I've been saying it like Joaquin Phoenix (but with an "m"?), but Randy has been saying "YO-come."

I have always pronounced it YO-come and guessing Randy's got it right. I think it may be Yo-kim, but I have trouble with small differences with words I don't know. Makes it hard sometimes with accents in movies.

This guy says his name is Yoa-kim

He buys his coffee at Starbucks as Joe :)

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Is Martin hurt or is he being Hossa'd? I wouldn't mind Martin and Ward being Hossa'd.
If I remember, Martin actually left practice early before being placed on IR

Martin is IR while Hossa is on LTIR. Big difference.

The team says Hossa is alergic to his hockey equipment which is just an elitist way of saying he's not good anymore, and needs to retire.

The league needs to crack down on this bullcrap abuse of LTIR. If Hossa was in teal, and this was the Sharks, I'm sure the league would have done so already. But because it's Chicago, the league looks the other way.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Martin is IR while Hossa is on LTIR. Big difference.

The team says Hossa is alergic to his hockey equipment which is just an elitist way of saying he's not good anymore, and needs to retire.

The league needs to crack down on this bullcrap abuse of LTIR. If Hossa was in teal, and this was the Sharks, I'm sure the league would have done so already. But because it's Chicago, the league looks the other way.

The Hossa thing is not an abuse.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California

I completely agree. Let's also not forget about the Leafs and Lupul as well. I hate it that it seems like certain teams in the league are held to a different standard.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
https://vegashockey.net/2017/10/16/report-zach-pochiro-to-ahl-san-jose-barracuda/

Pochiro apparently on his way to San Jose (AHL).

The NHL required both Lupul and Hossa to submit to independent/2nd opinion medical examinations to confirm LTIR designations/diagnoses. That happened in late September (and confirmed assignment to LTIR). Know that the league has and will look into any allegations of abuse of LTIR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad