Speculation: 2017-18 Roster Discussion - Part 7

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Might be off topic, but do you guys think Julien Brisebois will be an NHL GM at some point? He seems like he could be a good one.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Might be off topic, but do you guys think Julien Brisebois will be an NHL GM at some point? He seems like he could be a good one.
I have no idea how he isn't one, and any team doing a GM search that doesn't hire him are idiots. You can - to an extent - credit the "discovery" of Tyler Johnson, Yanni Gourde, and Jonathan Marchasseult right on his doorstep.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

He's been a target for a while but it seems to me that he's quite happy in his current role. There's no doubt in my mind that he'll eventually take that next step but I'm not sure that the right situation has presented itself yet. It seems like he was on Carolina's short list but that position is pretty unattractive with the salary and owner.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
He's been a target for a while but it seems to me that he's quite happy in his current role. There's no doubt in my mind that he'll eventually take that next step but I'm not sure that the right situation has presented itself yet. It seems like he was on Carolina's short list but that position is pretty unattractive with the salary and owner.
Id probably take him over Murray (I don’t want to fire him like some do, he’s not the greatest but he’s not bad either)

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Never heard anyone here wanting to fire Murray. Dude is top 3 in the biz and getting better. Seems they've finally figured out what they want in defensemen, which was the only thing keeping his drafts from being A+.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
From the last 2 games it seems Sergachev is fine playing on the right, which makes next years pairings a lot easier with Hedman /McD on the left and Stralman/Serg on the right. Coburn/Koekkoek/Gardi/Dotchin/FA are fine for the 3rd pair

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
From the last 2 games it seems Sergachev is fine playing on the right, which makes next years pairings a lot easier with Hedman /McD on the left and Stralman/Serg on the right. Coburn/Koekkoek/Gardi/Dotchin/FA are fine for the 3rd pair
Well what's good is that Hedman, Sergachev, and McDonagh can and will play the right side well. Give a us all kinds of flexibility going forward.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm hoping Yzerman pulls some magic and signs Miller. It seems unlikely but we'll have to wait and see.

Wonder if maybe Yzerman moves Johnson or Palat at the draft. Hopefully he moves Sustr for a pick too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad