2017-18 Pro Tank Thread Part II: I tell all my bros, Tank it up. Break it down, blow it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I disagree w. That.

If the team tanks and our prospects in the lineup and pipeline are struggling then yes Benning gets fired.

But win or lose guys like Boeser Pouliot Goldy Virtanen are all developing. Plus our pipeline looks great.

Benning isnt gonna get canned just cuz we miss the playoffs. Especially becauae the Aqualinis know they messed up by giving him directions to make the playoffs the first 3 years of Bennings tenure. Theyre giving him more rope.

So really were cheering for a tank and giving Benning more ammo to play with.

Looks like Benning’s gonna have more ammo than all 3 Expendables movie combined.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
It's a fascinating phenomenon. I yhink it has more to do with delusion and denial than stupidity but sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.
It's full out denial and fans just can't accept what has happened.

I've been pro tank since 13 and never wanted the Sedins resigned because I saw that cup window close but noticed a golden door open for a full rebuild...it was the perfect opportunity to take 3 seasons off and reload on new heros.

I knew by the end of the 4 year Sedin extensions that we would be at the bottom of the league but what is shocking to me is that we're looking at 3 straight years at the bottom!

Benning and Lindens pro scouting to keep this team competitive and mentor the young players has been disastrous. They have completely blown every asset they had and now we're practically left with nothing.

I think deep down inside the fans know this but it's extremely difficult to admit because a lot of them wanted the Sedins resigned and that they would have some sort of a beautiful end to their careers.

Hope is all you really have in pro sports and when it's been shattered as quickly as Benning and Linden have achieved this mighty feat...it's very difficult to accept.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

We're about to be an AHL team

Yep and they've barely called anybody up! Chaput and Goldobin the only Utica players up right now . Tells you how poorly constructed this team and organization is. They can't even go 2 deep into the farm. Utica is already an ECHL team right now....this is going to get really ugly in Vancouver and Utica.

If only injuries during the year could be expected! Alas, it's simply a surprise whenever they happen. Especially Tanev. He never gets hurt.

Slipped to 23rd by point percentage after last night. Tied with a the powerhouse known as the Avalanche. Somehow behind the Ducks wh be standards of some on this board shouldn't be above 31st given they've been missing Kesler all year, Getzlaf for a large chunk, Fowler for 12 or so games along with various injuries to guys like Ritchie, Rakell, Silvferberg and now Perry. They lead the league in man games lost by something 25% over the next team and thos eman games have been far more significant that the canuck man games lost.

The Ducks have managed to tread water during injury...this great better than a 100 point team barely managed to tread water when healthy.

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I find it funny we are in December, not even half way through the month, and the playoff push thread was closed down. To all that are true to this thread... We did it! Mission Accomplished... Still a long season lets keep the ball rolling lets be Zen and go for ten!

To be fair, looking at standings and BB, I can see why it was a thing.

And it still is~.

Benning just gotta pick up Beleskey, then trade 2018 1st+2nd+Tanev+Hutton for Kane and BOOM!

Playoffs baby~!

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Heavy night in the NHL with 24 teams in action...7 teams below us in the standings will all be looking for points.

Edmonton, Montreal and Arizona wins would be sweet.

Philadelphia Buffalo 3 point game with the Flyers taking it would be sweeter.

Colorado Florida 3 point game with the Panthers taking it would be the sweetest.

Let's keep this Tank roll'n!!!!!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Other then Dhalin who do we like around here?

Dahlin seems to be the top pick, people also talked about Andrei Svechnikov and Adam Boqvist a lot. The overall opinions of 2018 class is that even without a top pick, there'still an excellent chance to pick out someone with franchise potential.

I myself don't know much about this though, these are just what I read from news websites, analyst columns and the posts made here.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Ayeeeeee
13d3xdq.png

Reactions: 2011 still hurts

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Edmonton why can't you score.

It's like you traded your 2 scoring wingers away for players that can't score.

I doubt they end bellow us in the standings because they are actually quite strong, but it's discouraging to see them having potentially another top pick.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Edmonton why can't you score.

It's like you traded your 2 scoring wingers away for players that can't score.

I doubt they end bellow us in the standings because they are actually quite strong, but it's discouraging to see them having potentially another top pick.

That's just about the only thing they are good at.

At least they have McDavid.

All we have is Jim Benning.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
If the sedins keep finding points while we suck I wonder if there might just be a market to get something for them at the deadline.

I just can't see them remaining here if we are on our way to another bottom 5 finish and selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce