2017-18 Pro Tank Thread Part II: I tell all my bros, Tank it up. Break it down, blow it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Other then Dhalin who do we like around here?
I have Zadina and Svechnikov neck to neck behind Dahlin with Boqvist following them up.

I also really like Wahlstrom.

The thing is that this draft so heavy in defencemen that it's pick your poison...do you want the smaller offensive Dman in Hughes, Smith, Woo and Merkley or the much bigger but less dynamic Dman in Mcissac, Wilde, Bouchard or Dobson. Personally, of those 8 Dmen I listed, I think their all fairly even with each other. (I know there are others but those 8 have caught my eye)

The one thing I'm most disappointed in is the Centers. I'm not completely sold on Tkachuk, Veleno, McLeod, McBain or Groulx. Rasmus Kupari is by far my biggest disappointment so far.

The good....its a deep draft. I'd be hording as many 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks as I could get my hands on.

Also keep your eye on players coming out of the Q, NCAA or USDP

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
giphy.gif

UbTJiZF.png

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I have Zadina and Svechnikov neck to neck behind Dahlin with Boqvist following them up.

The thing is that this draft so heavy in defencemen that it's pick your poison...do you want the smaller offensive Dman in Hughes, Smith, Woo and Merkley or the much bigger but less dynamic Dman in Mcissac, Wilde, Bouchard or Dobson. Personally, of those 8 Dmen I listed, I think their all fairly even with each other. (I know there are others but those 8 have caught my eye)

The one thing I'm most disappointed in is the Centers. I'm not completely sold on Tkachuk, Veleno, McLeod, McBain or Groulx. Rasmus Kupari is by far my biggest disappointment so far.

The good....its a deep draft. I'd be hording as many 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks as I could get my hands on.

I haven't followed this year's draft class as closely as other years, but I do know that Veleno has been a huge disappointment. Initially I had him ranked 3rd or 4th, but now I doubt he cracks the top 10. Zadina, on the other hand, could challenge Svechnikov for 2nd overall, and Boqvist likely rounds out the top 4. Then you probably have Tkachuk and Hughes at 5/6.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I haven't followed this year's draft class as closely as other years, but I do know that Veleno has been a huge disappointment. Initially I had him ranked 3rd or 4th, but now I doubt he cracks the top 10. Zadina, on the other hand, could challenge Svechnikov for 2nd overall, and Boqvist likely rounds out the top 4. Then you probably have Tkachuk and Hughes at 5/6.

Completely agree about Veleno and it's weird? It's like he's lost a step...I've often wondered if he's hiding a hip or grion problem or just something :huh: whatever it is he needs to fix it sooner rather than later.

Svechnikov vs Zadina is going to be a good one :nod:
Both are incredible goal scorers with excellent skating and vision. If I had to pick one today then it probably would be Svechnikov. He's just got the Russian calmness and discipline to his game and I think he's just slightly better at playmaking/passing than Zadina but s***, both are excellent talents and what do ya need more? a RW or LW :D

Yep, Boqvist should definitely round out the top 4 but after that then I'm sill undecided.

Tkachuk better start scoring! He's doing everything correct and getting chance after chance but he simply can't put the puck in the net.

Hughes is another good talent but if the GM wants more size in their Dman then don't be surprised if McIsaac or Wilde are chosen before him.

Man, I can't wait for draft day!

:cheers:

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

Reading the tea leaves here, but I think management definitely targets an OFD if they pick top6/top7. After the 4 you mention, Hughes is the next best option, IMO. Then it's between Wahlstrom and Smith.

It's not ideal because they wanted a right shot Dman, but the skill set of Hughes and even Smith is not easily matched throughout the remainder of the draft. If they have a top7 pick, I see them taking 1 of those 7 players.

Hughes is just a bit better than the remaining options. I have him at #5 currently.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Overall another good tank night :thumbu:

3 points from bottom 5

5 points from bottom 3

Perhaps more importantly they are 5 points back of the wild card and need to pass 5 teams to get into that wild card spot. And this year Benning doesn't get to play the “if we win all of our games in hand” game.

Essentially they are in a place where they need to win 3 more games than a few other teams....doesn’t seem like a lot but that’s actually pretty massive.

More good news...Vegas goaltenders are fully healthy. Amazing how an expansion team can keep winning going 5 deep on goaltenders but the Canucks are still so handicapped by Gillis or injuries or something.

Last edited:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Honestly Y2K is right though the only was this management team will be fired is due to public embarrassment, this team just finished 28th and 29th in the league and yet Benning amd Linden are still able to keep their jobs. 2 days ago was the first step of this, they were embarrassed on home ice 7-1, allowed a goal from centre ice and the other teams best player proclaimed he scored his goals in his brother honour a guy the Canucks mishandled and traded away for a waste of a contract space.

This is what I'm "cheering for", this is my tank. I want this management team fired to it's core, and if cheering for public embarrassment will do than so f***ing be it.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Honestly Y2K is right though the only was this management team will be fired is due to public embarrassment, this team just finished 28th and 29th in the league and yet Benning amd Linden are still able to keep their jobs. 2 days ago was the first step of this, they were embarrassed on home ice 7-1, allowed a goal from centre ice and the other teams best player proclaimed he scored his goals in his brother honour a guy the Canucks mishandled and traded away for a waste of a contract space.

This is what I'm "cheering for", this is my tank. I want this management team fired to it's core, and if cheering for public embarrassment will do than so ****ing be it.

Tanev out for a couple weeks is more good news. I hope this team continues to get embarrassed on the ice and goes on a 10+ game winless streak into the new year and beyond.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
Tanev out for a couple weeks is more good news. I hope this team continues to get embarrassed on the ice and goes on a 10+ game winless streak into the new year and beyond.
this was expected

has he ever even played over 65 games in a season?

Johnny Canuck

Jun 19, 2008
Michigan
i am legitimately scared team benning will make panic trades. ship out one of our prospects, for a shot at another one off gudbranson/clendenning/pouliot.

I'm giving this game 8 mins, before Canucks are down 2-0... any takers?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
i am legitimately scared team benning will make panic trades. ship out one of our prospects, for a shot at another one off gudbranson/clendenning/pouliot.

I'm giving this game 8 mins, before Canucks are down 2-0... any takers?

???? Please tell me what prospect of value did we give up in the Pouliot trade.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
If the sedins keep finding points while we suck I wonder if there might just be a market to get something for them at the deadline.

I just can't see them remaining here if we are on our way to another bottom 5 finish and selling.
You can’t see? Lol
How many times have they stated that they don’t care about winning the cup? I’ve lost counts. all they want is staying here for their family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->