2017-18 Pro Tank Thread Part II: I tell all my bros, Tank it up. Break it down, blow it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
3-5-2.[/QUOTE]
7 I believe. 3-5-2. As I said yesterday (I think) there is somehow excitement around a team that is losing ground on nearly every team in the conference over the last 10-15 games. it’s confusing to me.

Ya I had to go look it up and I heard wrong but looking at the schedule going forward...This team potentially could go winless in December
tenor.gif

That sure would be pumpkin pie sweet!

Reactions: y2kcanucks

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
He doesn’t need to be scratched. He might need to be moved down the lineup a bit so he’s not receiving the toughest competition every shift.

Reactions: Jack Burton

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Is this the start of the landslide? Have a feeling this thread is about to heat up...

Probably. It's funny how we go through this every year. Team is passingly good to mediocre through the quarter mark of the season and people get all stoked. The owner goes on the radio he's so excited, and there's suddenly some momentum for management and coaching (last year it was the ridiculous WD Jack Adams talk around this time).

Never mind that we effectively have all the same roster problems we had last year ... minus Boeser, but he's just one guy. Lack of skill, tired veterans, absolutely no depth anywhere, and weird roster choices that stink of bad pro scouting. Oh, and now probably tack sporadic goaltending onto the ledger.

Everyone who is excited that Benning has had a passingly decent eight to ten months doesn't realize how much damage was done to this organization through the first couple years when they were basically on a run of astronomically terrible moves in terms of asset and salary allocation.

Even if Benning has/is improving he deserves to be canned for that tire fire he's manufactured up to this point.

And if we tank again (which I expect) Benning/Weisbrod will be fired.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Everyone who is excited that Benning has had a passingly decent eight to ten months doesn't realize how much damage was done to this organization through the first couple years when they were basically on a run of astronomically terrible moves in terms of asset and salary allocation.

Yep. His recent average GM'ing does not outweigh the litany of moves that have set us back 3-5 years.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
He seriously needs a break, the fatigue is catching up to him as a recent graduated college player.
A healthy scratch won't be the end of the world next game

I fully agree. This is what gets me about this regime and the talk about we're rebuilding and want to shelter/mentor the youth... it's complete bull s***

This regime will do anything to fast track the youth for wins and Boeser is a perfect example. Now this is not a knock on Boeser but more of a knock on this regime. He shouldn't be the getting the ice time he's getting and he certainly shouldn't be seeing the top pairing Dmen this early in his career. I figured Bo, Brock and Sven would take over 1st line duties but I'm shocked it happened this fast. I figured it would take at least half the season and then they would be full blown 1st liners to finish off the season.

Benning signed all these Vets in the off season and Green should be skating their a**'s off and sacrificing them to the Hockey God's while just holding Bo,Brock and Sven back a bit.

But Green can't because he's paid to get wins and not develop players. He also probably has a sense of job security and knows the they give him the best chance to win because of the rest of the crap on the bench.

I don't know and maybe I'm tripping but I'm worried about him. I'm worried that if Green just keeps throwing him out there agenst the leagues best then he's going to hit a brick wall come mid season. Then who knows what's going to happen to him and his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad