RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Lines at Wednesday practice (B's twitter):

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Schaller-Kuraly-Backes
Agostino-Nash-Cehlarik
Beleskey-White-Vatrano
absolutely love that 3rd line, will be a real handful for a lot of teams to deal with.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Lines at Wednesday practice (B's twitter):

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Schaller-Kuraly-Backes
Agostino-Nash-Cehlarik
Beleskey-White-Vatrano

In my opinion they are setting up Vatrano for failure. When a checker comes in the league, they slot him in a checking role. When a goal scorer comes in, they put him with offensive players. I get it that this will force him to work harder for everything, but I just don't see a 5' 8" sniper being successful on a checking line. Give him his extended shot at what he does best or move him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Heinen has done nothing to deserve a demotion. I want to see Cehlarik and Agostino on the Bruins too, but not at the expense of Heinen. Pick your fourth liner, I’d rather have Heinen playing over them.
This is surprising this fast

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Don't you folks see what is happening?

It's headed towards what the majority want

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Kuraly is not better than Nash.
I mean depends at what? I want my 3rd line to chip in scoring, Kuraly definitely has more upside in that regard. He's much faster as well. Nash is our defensive guy, put him 4th line and if he chips in any points that's gravy.

I would ideally want more skill for our 3rd line center and Kuraly on our 4th line, but I was just using the players in the previous practice's lines.

Reactions: CaliBruinsFan

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What could be the price to get Neal?

Marchand-Bergy-Bjork
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Neal-Spooner-Backes

Better question would by why would Vegas deal him right now after a 5-1 start?

What a terrible message that would send a fan-base in a brand new hockey market, three weeks into their existence to trade their best goal scorer.

If they deal Neal, it won't be until closer to the deadline, providing Vegas come back down to earth. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they try to re-sign him if they have a good season.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

What a terrible message that would send a fan-base in a brand new hockey market, three weeks into their existence to trade their best goal scorer.

If they deal Neal, it won't be until closer to the deadline, providing Vegas come back down to earth. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they try to re-sign him if they have a good season.

It's a team that let Shipachyov and Theodore in the AHL to not lose assets via waivers. Their GM is all about stockpilling assets. Could have taken a better team to start but went with all these side deals.

That's maybe why they would be interested to trade him now if the return is right. If not, like you said, they'll wait until the deadline.

And I don't see them re-signing him when he may fetch a 1st at the deadline. They will not Bruins themselves like Chia+Sweeney did with the Yeti+Loui...

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Finally veleskey vatrano dropped

Why not nash also?

Agoatini. Jfk cehlarik is the 4th line i would have liked to see

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
In my opinion they are setting up Vatrano for failure. When a checker comes in the league, they slot him in a checking role. When a goal scorer comes in, they put him with offensive players. I get it that this will force him to work harder for everything, but I just don't see a 5' 8" sniper being successful on a checking line. Give him his extended shot at what he does best or move him.

Move him where? Nobody wants him

And nothing wrong that he is sent to the basement and has to earn his way up. Look at what Marchand had to go through

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It's a team that let Shipachyov and Theodore in the AHL to not lose assets via waivers. Their GM is all about stockpilling assets. Could have taken a better team to start but went with all these side deals.

That's maybe why they would be interested to trade him now if the return is right. If not, like you said, they'll wait until the deadline.

And I don't see them re-signing him when he may fetch a 1st at the deadline. They will not Bruins themselves like Chia+Sweeney did with the Yeti+Loui...

Depends where they stand at the deadline and what is the likely-hood of re-signing him.

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017

Their GM traded Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat. Nothing he does will surprise me.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
It will be interesting to see how well the Schaller - Kuraly - Backes line plays once Backes is ready to go. They will probably cause opposing lines fits to play against, however, my one big concern is if they can produce enough offense for a 3rd line. On paper, it doesn't look to be the case, but we'll soon find out once they get a handful of games together. The Bruins desperately need a consistent and reliable 3rd line. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: CaliBruinsFan

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Always difficult to sell high or buy low... but those who cant manage this never get ahead

My gut feeling is the price for neal is too high today. Hes always been streaky. Buying him in the middle of his career best start would be ill advised i think.

But if im vegas... my message to my fans is... yes we dealt an impending ufa but look at the haul we got.

Its the same message they told their fans at the expansion draft.

I fully expect he will be dealt at some point... i fully expect the ask will be picks/prospects.

If he cools off before the trade happens maybe it wont require the 2018 first rounder... so lets wait

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I want to see 10 games healthy before im ready to start trading major pieces of the future for bandaids

Bergeron and backes are the keys to 2 of the top 3 lines... and krejci got saddled with 2 rookies. This was NOT our normal lineup

When bergeron/marchand are together they will win most of their matchups. This will give us a headstart in most games we play... but the rippledown effect will help too

Pastrnak with krecji gives the opposition 2 legitimate concerns.

And having backes on a 3rd line actually is more than most teams have on a 3rd line

Bjork/bergeron/marchand
Pastrnak/krejci/spooner
Backes/kuraly/debrusk

Not alot of need for any changes here unless spooner continues to disappoint. If he does chelerik will deserve a look. Heinen and agostino might deserve a look. Maybe debrusk should stay here?

The thing is with everyone healthy... where would neal actually be a critical need for us?

Our 4th line is strong when everyone is healthy too

And a good offense helps the defense... id expect them to look much better with our 2 best defensive forwards back in the lineup

Lets see this team with everyone playing before we get trigger happy on a short sighted trade fix

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
He's had multiple looks on more offensive-oriented lines and hasn't produced consistently. I realize it takes guys some time to figure it out but he has done nothing to seize the opportunities he has been given.

If you think Vatrano hasn't had his fair shot, consider Marchand who had 1 point in his first 20 NHL games. he then showed up in 2010, earned a 4th line spot and worked his way up with consistently awesome play...even though he was a skill guy put into a 4th line role he would not be denied. Vatrano hasn't shown that kind of desire yet IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad