2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
The final I wanted at the beginning of the playoffs. Cheering for Ovi, but if Vegas wins it, I won't be dissing them with the undeserved nonsense.

Reactions: Devonator

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Tampa shut out twice all year in the regular season.

Shut out in back to back games in game 6 and 7.

Hell of a couple of games for the Caps. Pathetic showing from Tampa tonight. Especially in the 3rd. No shots on net for the first 11 minutes of the period? Owned.

Lets go Caps!

Reactions: McFuhryous

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
f*** Yeah Ovi. So happy right now.
This is the first finals in a very long time that I'm going to be completely invested in. Probably the most cursed cupless franchise versus the first timers and two teams that play a very exciting style of hockey. Lets do this shit.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The Lightning lost 10 home games in regulation the entire season, the Capitals just did it three times in four games.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Tampa shut out twice all year in the regular season.

Shut out in back to back games in game 6 and 7.

Hell of a couple of games for the Caps. Pathetic showing from Tampa tonight. Especially in the 3rd. No shots on net for the first 11 minutes of the period? Owned.

Lets go Caps!
Great win by the Caps. Love it.

But heres a thing. Tampa scores only 8EV goals in the entire 7 game playoff series. Would they really deserve to win?

Seems like all the time in the playoffs officiating is propping up this Tampa club. In the broadcast all night it seemed like the crew were cheering for Tampa.

Its 2-0 Caps and the broadcaster stating "something good needs to happen"

Something good was happening all night. stick it Tampa.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Great win by the Caps. Love it.

But heres a thing. Tampa scores only 8EV goals in the entire 7 game playoff series. Would they really deserve to win?

Seems like all the time in the playoffs officiating is propping up this Tampa club. In the broadcast all night it seemed like the crew were cheering for Tampa.

Its 2-0 Caps and the broadcaster stating "something good needs to happen"

Something good was happening all night. stick it Tampa.
I pointed out in an earlier post before the 3rd that Tampa has nothing when the game was at 5v5. Honestly if not for Vasilevsky and an insane run on the PP the series would have ended sooner. Washington was a much, much better 5v5 team throughout the series.

No idea whats going to happen in the finals lol. After the Knights beat the Kings I thought they could get through the Sharks, but I had the Jets overwhelming them and they put the Peg away in 5.

Fleury has just been so damn good...

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
3-0 Caps, 3rd period, Tampa gets a gift PP, and go 14 minutes without even a SOG. lmfao.

Their season on the line and not even generating a shot.

What a joke it was that Paquette didn't get called in the 2nd period. As usual calls go Tampa's way. Good riddance.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I pointed out in an earlier post before the 3rd that Tampa has nothing when the game was at 5v5. Honestly if not for Vasilevsky and an insane run on the PP the series would have ended sooner. Washington was a much, much better 5v5 team throughout the series.

No idea whats going to happen in the finals lol. After the Knights beat the Kings I thought they could get through the Sharks, but I had the Jets overwhelming them and they put the Peg away in 5.

Fleury has just been so damn good...

I didn't watch a lot of it but seems like all the commentators saying Caps were the much better team throughout the series. Of special note Tampa not being able to bounce back from the physical licking they took in game 6. Thing is they would be taking that licking often if they had to advance in WC playoffs. Tampa is a team built as regular season dynasty that will never win a cup imo. Not as long as NHL hockey has a physical component to it.

Reactions: harpoon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad