2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
God, its so hilarious to see how overrated the flames are. Over the years, its been best/deepest d in the league, future blackhawks, Gaudreau on McDavid's level, etc. Hahahahaha.
Fun fact: We have won 7 playoff games in 9 seasons. Flames have won 5 playoff games in 9 seasons.

I'll laugh my ass off if the flames pick that went to the isles for the Hamonic deal became the lottery winner.

Reactions: TB12

Furious Nerd

Jan 18, 2018
I hate to say it but I could see the Flames catching the Stars. They just can’t win a game.

Just as I say this Benn snipes one.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I hate to say it but I could see the Flames catching the Stars. They just can’t win a game.

Just as I say this Benn snipes one.

I think Wildcard #2 will come down to LA and Anaheim. If Anaheim wins tonight (up 2-0) and Dallas loses, LA will slide down to that second spot and knock Dallas out. St. Louis is the one team that is so unpredictable. They can either rattle off 3 straight or lose 3 straight.

The only thing I kind of want to happen is for the Flames to just linger around another 2 weeks, then for the Oilers to beat them on the 31st and be the team that shovels the final scoop of dirt on their playoff hopes.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Blues tie it with just over a minute left. Now as long as they don’t firetruck it up, they’ll go at minimum 2 pts ahead of Calgary.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Shames are done, and what a beautiful sight especially considering no 1st/2nd rounder. Thank you Treliving

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
it's still so close. I'd love for the Flames to be done, but to me this seems like a huge low point for them, and maybe it smacks them in the face hard

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Flames are totally cooked. There is no way in hell they finish ahead of Anaheim and LA at this point. Their only hope would be a Wild Card but would pretty much require teams dropping right off.

Interesting though is that Dallas was in a compfortable spot 2 weeks ago and are out as we speak. The Stars have been brutal last 10 games. Hard to imagine as its a stacked club.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hawks are so unbelievable pathetic. They have the lead twice in the last 5 mins of the game today against the Blues and give up the lead the 2nd time in that span with 80secs left and of course lose in OT giving the Blues 2pts in a game the Blues should have lost. Good news though to bury the Flames.

But it seems as if teams like the Hawks and Wings currently exist only to lose every game they play. Man are those teams going hard for the lottery. This is like uber tanking. Even in the Oilers worst years they were not having a lot of 1-10 swings.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It looks very bleak right now for the Flames, but I wouldn't count them out officially until the math no longer works. And the math soon will no longer work.

Anaheim, Dallas and Calgary all have 73 GP. LA, Colorado and St. Louis all have one game in hand with 72 GP.

LA and Dallas both have a fairly difficult schedule to close their seasons. If they both win only 5 of their remaining games, they will both finish at 94 points. Calgary only has 33 ROWs, and LA has 37 ROWs (Dallas has 34), which is the first tie breaker after points. Calgary has to finish with more points than LA, it's their only hope because if LA wins 5 of their last 10 in regulation or OT that pretty much eliminates Calgary unless Calgary goes 7-1-1 to finish the season.

Then we get to the Blues.

St. Louis is at 36 ROWs and they have an easy to medium schedule to finish...half their games are against weaker teams and the other half are against good teams. They need 6 ROWs in their last 10 to potentially knock out LA and finish with 95 points. As I said earlier, they are unpredictable (because of their goaltending imo).

Dallas with their schedule will continue to fade....Id be surprised if they even temporarily made it back into a playoff spot.

I'd say the Flames are in 2-regulation loss territory; Sportrac has them down to a 3.5% chance of making it after today's games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad