2017-18 Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
The Score also suggested something like this, but their divisions were slightly different. They had this:

Los AngelesCalgaryArizonaChicagoPittsburghBostonPhiladelphiaBuffalo
AnaheimEdmontonColoradoMinnesotaCarolinaMontrealNYIDetroit
San JoseVancouverDallasNashvilleWashingtonOttawaNYRFlorida
VegasSeattleWinnipegSt. LouisColumbusTorontoNew JerseyTampa Bay
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I think they were going more for rivalries than they were geographic location, especially in that Eastern Conference.

Our division and the one with the Florida teams are definitely the ones with the leftovers :thumbd:

I don't think they'll go back to this many divisions for the very simple reason they won't be able to please enough teams to get the necessary support for it.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
The Score also suggested something like this, but their divisions were slightly different. They had this:

Los AngelesCalgaryArizonaChicagoPittsburghBostonPhiladelphiaBuffalo
AnaheimEdmontonColoradoMinnesotaCarolinaMontrealNYIDetroit
San JoseVancouverDallasNashvilleWashingtonOttawaNYRFlorida
VegasSeattleWinnipegSt. LouisColumbusTorontoNew JerseyTampa Bay
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I think they were going more for rivalries than they were geographic location, especially in that Eastern Conference.

Those look heinous.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah, I got the same impression from McPhee and Foley as well. It'll make for some interesting decisions at the deadline for them regarding players like Neal, Perron and :amazed: Sbisa.

I think he'll sell anyway, and he should. Honestly he had a great plan and shouldn't change it because of the current success of the team. Have a 5 years plan and build around the 2017 and 2018 draft picks/Theodore/Marchessault/Tuch.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Lol, could you imagine an expansion team winning the Cup. People would lose their minds.

*I obviously don't think it's remotely possible. It'd be hilarious though.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Los AngelesColoradoSt. LouisCalgaryPittsburghDetroitBuffaloCarolina
AnaheimSan JoseChicagoEdmontonPhiladelphiaMontrealNYIWashington
ArizonaVancouverDallasMinnesotaBostonOttawaNYRFlorida
VegasSeattleNashvilleWinnipegColumbusTorontoNew JerseyTampa Bay
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Hmm, not sure I am happy with that.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If we were to use this format, I'd see it more like..

VancouverWinnipegSan JoseArizonaMontrealNY RangersPittsburghFlorida
EdmontonMinnesotaAnaheimColoradoOttawaNY IslandersPhiladelphiaTampaBay
CalgaryChicagoLos AngelesDallasTorontoNew JerseyColumbusCarolina
SeattleNashvilleVegasSt.LouisBostonBuffaloDetroitWashington
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Though being in a division with SJ, Seattle, and Vancouver would be fun.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
I think he'll sell anyway, and he should. Honestly he had a great plan and shouldn't change it because of the current success of the team. Have a 5 years plan and build around the 2017 and 2018 draft picks/Theodore/Marchessault/Tuch.

That might turn a lot of fans against them though. Got a winning team in the playoffs and you're selling? Not good when you're trying to grow a fanbase for a brand new team in a new market. Could maybe get away with selling one of them and using "lack of progress in extension talks" or something :dunno:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
That might turn a lot of fans against them though. Got a winning team in the playoffs and you're selling? Not good when you're trying to grow a fanbase for a brand new team in a new market. Could maybe get away with selling one of them and using "lack of progress in extension talks" or something :dunno:

in my best southern accent:
"we could have won that year but the team thought it best to delay for five years."

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I like the idea of Seattle, good for hockey, good for the NHL.

During my North America visits then California, State of Washington and British Columbia was my three favorite places/areas. Never visited Colorado so far yet though, yes I feel ashamed. I know I would love the nature in Colorado, that's for sure.

I also assume even more Swedish talents will play in the NHL thus making SHL even worse. ;-)

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I like the idea of Seattle, good for hockey, good for the NHL.

During my North America visits then California, State of Washington and British Columbia was my three favorite places/areas. Never visited Colorado so far yet though, yes I feel ashamed. I know I would love the nature in Colorado, that's for sure.

I also assume even more Swedish talents will play in the NHL thus making SHL even worse. ;-)

Im going to Denver if the Avs draft Dahlin.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Looks like everyone is tired of the Vegas Twitter BS. LeBrun is like the last man you'd expect to run out of patience.

pHzNFLu.png

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Vegas twitter is unbearable. They already had the least followers as the new team and I can't imagine the trend would've been very positive lately.

Cam Atkinson was benched last game and it's looking like he'll be a scratch.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It's a shame I'm not an NHL player, I would have broken the Las Vegas twitter in about three weeks and we wouldn't be in this mess.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
It's amazing that with so many bad teams this year (last year it was mainly just us and Arizona), that no coach has been fired in a 31 team league. NHL teams are extremely patient when it comes to their coaches compared to the other sports I watch. And you'd think it would actually be more in the NHL because of parity meaning that a change in coach makes a much bigger difference because the other differences are smaller.

Hockey's got a weird culture.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Duchene thinking 'out of the frying pan into the fire'.

I hope Melnyk is that dumb for selfish reasons...a Karlsson-less Senators with a 2019 1st incoming if they finish bottom 10 this year. I hate to talk about stuff like that because it really sucks for Sens fans, but...yeah. For Sens fans' sakes I really hope that does not occur. Losing a defensman of that calibre because of a stupid, petty owner...makes me grateful we have the Kroenke's, despite their flaws.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I couldn't care less for Sens fans if Karlsson leaves. We've dealt with mediocrity for far too long, if it takes another owner's ineptitude for us to improve our team with a potentially top-3 pick I'm all for Karlsson going as far away from Ottawa as possible lol

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This just in, you guys can avoid subjects or personnel you don't want to see...

Here is my realignment based upon NHL adopting NFL divisions. I tried to keep rivalries and travel as close as possible.
EASTERN CONFERENCE
Northeast
Boston Bruins
Montreal Canadiens
New Jersey Devils
Ottawa Senators

Atlantic
Carolina Hurricanes
Florida Panthers
Tampa Bay Lightning
Washington Capitals

Metro