1494719736289.jpg

Reactions: Jayricho and Ivan13

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Listened to a snippet of an NHL Radio interview with Bob Hartley. Say what you will about the man (and I'll admit my blind adoration of the guy has taken some serious hits the past couple years), but he's always been a good interview. Said that the two most explosive skaters he ever had the privilege to coach were Ray Bourque and Ilya Kovalchuk.

Forgot that Bob has a pretty remarkable coaching track record. He's won championships at every level/league he's coached thus far (Memorial Cup, Calder Cup, Stanley Cup, Swiss League championship). Now all he's gotta do is win a World Cup for Latvia and he can continue the streak.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Galchenyuk is not good. Domi is a weak return. But they gave up nothing special.

He is good but problematic and was the face of the locker room culture change they want to do. He was offered around the league for 2 years now with no taker.

Habs fans are mad and are like "but but we need a center", well obviously no team was offering a top 6 center for Galchenyuk.

Domi is the kind of player that cares. Galchenyuk, well, let's just say that he didn't care very much. They want players with the right attitude and I don't blame them.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Arizona also shipped off Kyle Wood in a seperate transaction. I guess the sky didn't end up falling.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Galchenyuk scored 19-32-51 on an uproariously bad Habs team with no real centers, no real scoring depth, and a coach and organization that couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Max Domi scored 9 goals, and 4 of them...FOUR of them...were empty-netters.

I get Galchenyuk may not be the elite talent Montreal was hoping for, but to say he's "nothing special" and that Domi was a "weak return" are ridiculous understatements. This might actually be Marc Bergevin's worst move, and that's saying something.

I'm gonna root now for Galchenyuk to have a career resurgence (AT CENTER hopefully) in Arizona.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I'm not down with Montreal here, but I also don't think it's bunk. They had to shake it up - they shook it up. Maybe not competently, but I see this as lateral, plus hope.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Galchenyuk scored 19-32-51 on an uproariously bad Habs team with no real centers, no real scoring depth, and a coach and organization that couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Max Domi scored 9 goals, and 4 of them...FOUR of them...were empty-netters.

I get Galchenyuk may not be the elite talent Montreal was hoping for, but to say he's "nothing special" and that Domi was a "weak return" are ridiculous understatements. This might actually be Marc Bergevin's worst move, and that's saying something.

I'm gonna root now for Galchenyuk to have a career resurgence (AT CENTER hopefully) in Arizona.

I'm at a semi loss to find a worse one. I legit mean that. :laugh:

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
That trade is like trading Jost for a guy like Compher. By the time Bergevin is done in Montreal he will pit a team in such a hole they won't recover for years. And now watch Chucky become a 60point center.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Get him playing center and away from the morons in Montreal and I will eat a worm SeaEagles style if he doesn't get at least 50 points, barring injury.

Funny how the moron in Montreal was considered a top 5 coach in the NHL just before signing there.

Galchenyuk will not play center in AZ for more than a month unless Tocchet is fine with a center who doesn't backcheck and is happy to float around while collecting points here and there. Regardless of how many points he gets, Galchenyuk doesn't make his linemates better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad