2017-18 Around the League Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Letang on IR. and Rust... and another dman that starts with a R... it all equals ===== A Pedan call up!

The Pens are going to miss this year... which will be shocking.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Letang on IR. and Rust... and another dman that starts with a R... it all equals ===== A Pedan call up!

The Pens are going to miss this year... which will be shocking.

With Schultz already on IR and Murray with another nagging injury.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Penguins have played too much hockey the past 2 seasons, they are a tired bunch.
Missing the playoffs this year won't be shocking tbh.
Too many injuries, lots of fatigue.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Goaltending wasn't an issue before the injuries piled up.

You go with two unproven starters - the result is not totally unexpected (but again, at least it wasn't fatal when the team was healthy).

Lack the bust nevertheless STILL held the fort when Miller was down for a big chunk of the season that Torts disaster year. He only fell apart when - like how Torts handled the rest of the bench - he was overused.

i think you’re mixing up two different years. torts was only here for luongo’s last year (outdoor game, started lack, trade request). and yes, lack had some stinkers during the stretch run of that year. but it was the first willie year where eddie was great down the stretch and kept us in the playoff picture while miller was hurt.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Lack misses Vancouver, he misses going down Granville at night giving high fives to dudes and hugging endless woman near Caprice.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Sens down 5-0 to Boston; Karlsson -2.

Ottawa Gudbranson trade incoming, guys. I can feel it in my bones.

Why OTT?

My initial reaction was to isolate OTT as the best destination for EG, but they are free falling. It would be a weird trade for them to make.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
The free-falling makes them desperate.

Hmmm, wouldn't Dorion think his team is already out of it? There was a report that he had asked his players for trade lists, per their contracts. Doesn't sound like a GM that is thinking playoffs. I could be wrong...

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Dorion has probably been a worse GM than Benning since he's been appointed that role (granted I think Melnyk's called a few shots there).

There's another solid reason.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I don't think Boucher has the roster to compete this year.
Last year was lightning in a bottle for him but I don't think he knows how to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad