Post-Game Talk: 2017-18 Around the League Thread | Luca Sbisa, Stanley Cup Goat

Status
Not open for further replies.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
What the f*** is Florida doing? They didn't talk to Mascherin at all last summer after his surgery and he wasn't invited to their development or main training camp.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Definitely sounds like a rift between the Panthers and Mascherin.

That still doesn't guarantee he'll sign with whatever team trades for him.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Edmonton traded a 3rd round pick for an NCAA prospect Cooper Marody (originally drafted 6th round).

This seems like....not good value.

Not good for whom?

I just did a lot of reading on this kid. He was a 6th round pick when drafted and went to NCAA U of Michigan. He was hampered in his first season battling mono. His second season was shortened by academic ineligibility for a semester.

This year he is the 10th highest scorer in NCAA Division I hockey and # 8 in PPG avg. The scouts say he skates very well with good speed. They say he is an amazing passer with excellent hockey IQ (if not academically, LOL). Say he knows where he's passing the puck before he gets it. Philly doesn't see the upside for the game they play. He hasn't shown strength along the boards or when physically challenged for the puck. They play a more physically charged game. Have to wonder why they drafted a 6'0, 190 lb kid if they felt that was too small for their liking, but you can also see from his roster stats that he was the same size for 3 seasons. Maybe that was the knock. They expected him to put on some muscle mass and strength as a result. He didn't, so they are ready to pass.

Edmonton likes his skill set and feels they can strengthen him up. They need offensive help now and he is worth a shot in their estimation. Sounds like Benning in wanting someone who can help now, not 2 or 3 years from now like a third rounder. Will be interesting to see if the Oilers can do something right for a change or whether the Flyers end up dumping a 6th for a 3rd and come out smelling like a rose. Michigan knows a lot about roses from their football program.

Have to follow along on this and see if Cooper Marody becomes an asset for the Edmonton Oilers or if the Flyers end up laughing while they work to groom a 2018 3rd rounder more suited to their liking.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Calgary nearly half way through the 3rd losing 3-0 to the Ducks. Smith was pulled after giving up 3 goals on 11 shots.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Schenn should be done for the season. Jumping attack to the head of Krejci tonight. Probably worst and cheapest hit of the 2017-18 NHL season. Cheap shot rat thats for sure :shakehead

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Calgary nearly half way through the 3rd losing 3-0 to the Ducks. Smith was pulled after giving up 3 goals on 11 shots.

Man if there ever was a team that owned Calgary it’s the Ducks. No team has smelled more Anaheim flatulence than Calgary when it’s mattered most. Two playoff losses + today with Calgary fighting for their playoffs lives (which are pretty much done with this loss).

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Connor McDavids $9M salary kicks in next season...The Oilers are going to be hard up against the cap with their top heavy signings..How much wiggle room is this going to give Chiarelli to improve his roster from this season?

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I mean they did win the cup in 1989, so yay for arbitrary cutoffs I guess?
Tainted Cup.

They cheated (Otto kicked the puck in else we would've been the team that advanced that year)

Plus, Flames were NEVER a true expansion club - they inherited a playoff team (Atlanta Flames)

Never get tired of saying....**** the Flames.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
What a goal scored against Carolina by Arizona. Ward went behind the net to stop the puck. Returned to the net and went into the butterfly holding the post and slid a little toward the other post looking both ways for the puck. Where's the puck. Turns out it was stuck between his skate blade and his boot. His foot was in the net so the puck had crossed the line and Arizona was awarded a goal!

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
What a goal scored against Carolina by Arizona. Ward went behind the net to stop the puck. Returned to the net and went into the butterfly holding the post and slid a little toward the other post looking both ways for the puck. Where's the puck. Turns out it was stuck between his skate blade and his boot. His foot was in the net so the puck had crossed the line and Arizona was awarded a goal!
what a snipe.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria

And that lost point by AZ will give them the winning lottery pick.Book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad