2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Why is there a game on right now?
Shanahan and Tory got together Tuesday to promote Tuesday Dec. 19 as Toronto Maple Leaf Day. On Dec. 19, 1917, the Toronto Arenas — who would eventually become the St. Pats and then the Maple Leafs — played their first game, and the first game in the newly formed National Hockey League. (The Arenas lost 10-9 to the Montreal Wanderers on the same night the Canadiens beat the Senators 7-4.)

To commemorate it, the Leafs will play the Carolina Hurricanes, dressed in throwback Toronto Arena jerseys. The game will be played at 2 p.m., with the Leafs hoping to pack the Air Canada Centre with as many kids as possible. Season-ticket subscribers are asked to bring a child with them that game, or to donate the ticket back to the MLSE Foundation, which will give it to a school-aged fan.

“Our birthday comes on a Tuesday,” Shanahan said. “It is a school night. So the decision was made to do it at two in the afternoon, get kids in the city incentivized a little bit to get the afternoon off school and come watch a hockey game and make the arena a very youthful place with our next generation of hockey fans.”
Maple Leafs to celebrate birthday with Tuesday matinee game Dec. 19 | Toronto Star

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
3-0 NYR over the Ducks in the second. Desharnais has two gorgeous setups on goals. I really liked him when he was an Oiler.
Been having a heck of a season so far. Think the two points tonight takes him up to 17 points and around .6 ppg.

Would have liked to see us give him a cheap 1 year deal. He wasn't amazing in his time with us but was effective and certainly not a liability. And of course the OT winner against the Sharks in that period we absolutely dominated and should've ended 20 times was pretty sweet too.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think this next stretch of games is where Vegas loses a bit of steam. They've got some tough opponents coming up and the parity of the Pacific will begin to become more and more apparent approaching the deadline. All the props to them for launching out of the gate like a bat out of hell and overcoming the injuries in net. But I think now that they see teams in the rearview mirror, there'll be a bit more pressure on them.

Go Bolts. :naughty:

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Didn’t notice both games coming up are back to backs for the opposing teams. Can the Oilers beat two backups...

Winning both those games would be enormous.

Reactions: oobga

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
hqdefault.jpg

Anaheim, I award you no points and may God have mercy on your souls.

Reactions: Night Witch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad