2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
"Mr. Vezina don't feel so good."

JYDIYNe.jpg

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Definitely not going according to plan for Tampa hehe.

3 shots for after 25 mins, 3 GA.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I know I'm in the minority but I hate the "Canada's team"/"bring the Cup back to Canada" that always gets tossed around with the last remaining Canadian team. But because of that, if the Oilers can't bring it home, I don't want any Canadian teams to win. So I cheer against all Canadian teams. Always. Go Vegas/Tampa/Caps.

If I'm being consistent then its not a bad thing to cheer for a Canadian team provided its not the GTA centric Leafs or the Flameouts down the road. Anybody else is pretty much OK to me albeit the Sens and their Senators playoff shtick was odd.

I cheered for Vancouver and might cheer for the Jets. If they win it all its because they deserve it. Pretty impressed with the fanbase and support and for us older people we realize that prior to Oil and Gas booms Edmonton and Winnipeg are pretty much the same type of places albeit Winnipeg older. But cities similar in a lot of ways.

We are the North?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Washington sending a message game 1.

Loving the Caps this year.

The message being that game 1 is meaningless?

Don't underestimate Jon Cooper and his adaptations. I dislike the guy but have to respect what he's done.

The Bruins won the opening game 6-2 dancing all over the Lightning and were swept the next 4.

I think Tampa takes first games and gets a look around at whats happening and then make adjustments. Lightning have better depth. That said basically anybody here would know more about the Caps than I would, lol.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
The message being that game 1 is meaningless?

Don't underestimate Jon Cooper and his adaptations. I dislike the guy but have to respect what he's done.

The Bruins won the opening game 6-2 dancing all over the Lightning and were swept the next 4.

I think Tampa takes first games and gets a look around at whats happening and then make adjustments. Lightning have better depth. That said basically anybody here would know more about the Caps than I would, lol.

I'm much less confident in them seeing as how they completely let up in the third.

Instead of crushing the Bolts they let them the carry the play in the third and allowed them to make a game of it. Caps are notoriously prone to collapsing in the playoffs and that third period felt like a bad omen for me.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
The Knights finally play a good team and the results are as expected.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Winnipeg is so ridiculously talented.. Good thing the NHL changed the draft lottery rules allowing them to add Laine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce