2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
LzQjA9y.png

:laugh:

Reactions: Rubixpube

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It already has. What other significant inflation are we looking forward to over the next few seasons other than possibly the goaltender? Their nice defense is about to take a massive hit. No arguments about their offensive depth though. They have an abundance of forwards who are poised to step in over the next few years.

Our defense won't take that much of a hit. Yes Morrissey and Trouba will be costly but Toby's 5.7 million comes off the books this summer. If Trouba signs long term then Myers will be dealt (11.2 million in total cap savings). We will replace Toby with the AHL's top dmen who will be on his ELC for the next two seasons. Poolman will also provide cheap depth. The Jets aren't in that bad a spot.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Quite an embarrassing game by NSH. They just sat back and waiting for something to happen. Unfortunately it was happening for the other team.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Quite an embarrassing game by NSH. They just sat back and waiting for something to happen. Unfortunately it was happening for the other team.

I love it when teams fall into a trap and get scored upon first. Messes up the whole game plan. The trap worked in the old dead puck era but today it’s such a stupid strategy.

The trap is playing not to lose. Winnipeg played to win.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I love it when teams fall into a trap and get scored upon first. Messes up the whole game plan. The trap worked in the old dead puck era but today it’s such a stupid strategy.

The trap is playing not to lose. Winnipeg played to win.
Both conference finals could be interesting. Lots of fire power and all teams are willing and able to just play a high paced game.

Reactions: Night Witch

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Both conference finals could be interesting. Lots of fire power and all teams are willing and able to just play a high paced game.

Yeah can’t wait to see how it unfolds! I have to be in Winnipeg on business Monday and will be at the game. Want to see the insanity first hand.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I am delighted that the Trapsville Predators are out along with their pouty star PKS. Ditto for their fans who want a penalty called on the opposition every 15 seconds.

Winnipeg is an exciting team to watch and remind me a little bit of the Oilers back in the 80's. It's great to see a Canadian team in the final four and it will be wonderful if they can bring the cup home.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah can’t wait to see how it unfolds! I have to be in Winnipeg on business Monday and will be at the game. Want to see the insanity first hand.
That's pretty lucky. Any game at this time of year would be fun, especially when you can really just be a hockey fan right now and not a team specific fan.

Walk in with all white on, and if they shit the bed put the black and gold on

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I know I'm in the minority but I hate the "Canada's team"/"bring the Cup back to Canada" that always gets tossed around with the last remaining Canadian team. But because of that, if the Oilers can't bring it home, I don't want any Canadian teams to win. So I cheer against all Canadian teams. Always. Go Vegas/Tampa/Caps.

Reactions: Haggard

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I know I'm in the minority but I hate the "Canada's team"/"bring the Cup back to Canada" that always gets tossed around with the last remaining Canadian team. But because of that, if the Oilers can't bring it home, I don't want any Canadian teams to win. So I cheer against all Canadian teams. Always. Go Vegas/Tampa/Caps.
The Jets are really indifferent to me. Their fans and media haven't drove me nuts yet. The rest of Canada's teams can f*** off though.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
That's pretty lucky. Any game at this time of year would be fun, especially when you can really just be a hockey fan right now and not a team specific fan.

Walk in with all white on, and if they **** the bed put the black and gold on

Yeah, it’s fun just to take it all in. A couple weeks ago I was driving through Vegas and bought a single ticket for a Sharks Vegas playoff game, what a blast that was. I think Winnipeg will top that!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I am with you on that except for Winnipeg. I could care less if the Cup is won by a Canadian team. But Winnipeg’s fans have been the longest suffering fans and even lost a team. Plus I want to laugh at Toronto and their shitheel fans that it’s been over 5 decades and we have one of a team in year 1 or Winnipeg going to the finals.

Winnipeg is like a big F U to Toronto.

So Go Jets Go.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Be interesting to see which of Chayka or Dubas actually get their team somewhere first.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Be interesting to see which of Chayka or Dubas actually get their team somewhere first.
Well I think Dubas should be able to do things quicker simply because that team has already done something and is on the rise. The problem will be if he does what they did in FLA and pretend to be smarter than everyone else.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, it’s fun just to take it all in. A couple weeks ago I was driving through Vegas and bought a single ticket for a Sharks Vegas playoff game, what a blast that was. I think Winnipeg will top that!
I’m in Vegas during the series and gonna be going to game 3 and maybe 4, should be fun

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I am delighted that the Trapsville Predators are out along with their pouty star PKS. Ditto for their fans who want a penalty called on the opposition every 15 seconds.

Winnipeg is an exciting team to watch and remind me a little bit of the Oilers back in the 80's. It's great to see a Canadian team in the final four and it will be wonderful if they can bring the cup home.

The Preds aren't a trap team in the slightest.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'm not sure how that video relates in any way to my comment, but ok.

Did you watch the video? The picture I posted is a (obviously modified) still taken from that where Gambino immediately after walks up close in front of the camera with the choire in the background, dances a little bit before gunning them down with an automatic rifle. Or are you criticizing the way they shot that video? :huh:

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Not crying over the preds tbh. They're a superior team no question...but also a bit annoying. There are so many times we outshot them but they got lucky against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad