2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
For anybody here who was watching the Oilers since the early 90's...

Man I would love somebody to "Boris Mirinov" Kesler.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I still remember a game against the Leafs where I think Weight got point 100 or 104

Suicide Center ice pass to a Leaf. Mirinov absolutely destroys the Leaf.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Gems from the cowtown radio show tonight.

'If we throw out the third period, I think the Flames were the better team for about 11 1/2 minutes and the Sharks for about 8 1/2.' (Uhh ... what about the other twenty minutes).

'Sharks scored seven but didn't play that well. Other than Kane, Pavelski was the only guy I really noticed'.

'Martin Jones looked shaky for most of the game' (said while making 1000 excuse for Smith including he must be tired from shutting out the Oilers).

'I think Johnny is really growing into the type of player who fights through the hacks and whacks. Early in his career he would look to the refs and expect a call. Now he just fights through it and makes great plays.'

Now talking about signing Kovalchuk on a one year 'incentive based' $2 million deal. :biglaugh:

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
@harpoon I listened to FAN 960 tonight to bask in the Flames loss, too, because I'm petty and not really a great guy

Could NOT believe what I heard from Loubardias and the boys...to add to what you posted:

"Johnny is a guy that really hates to lose. Like hates it so much."

"I believe they will sweep or split (this roadtrip) and (that homestand) and (other roadtrip)....and once the drunk fans put down their half full beers and wake up tomorrow they'll realize the Flames are in a good spot."

"Fully expect them to shut out Vegas on Sunday"

"Mike Smith not at fault tonight. Flames were the better team for much of the evening."

It was HILARIOUS and their fans just lap this stuff up. It's an actual bizarro world down in Shelbyville.

Last edited:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
@harpoon I listened to FAN 960 tonight to bask in the Flames loss, too, because I'm petty and not really a great guy

Could NOT believe what I heard from Loubardias and the boys...to add to what you posted:

"I believe they will sweep (this roadtrip) and (that homestand) and (other roadtrip)....and once the drunk fans put down their beers and wake up tomorrow they'll realize the Flames are actually in a really good spot."

"Mike Smith not at fault tonight. Flames were the better team for much of the evening."

It was HILARIOUS and their fans just lap this stuff up. It's an actual bizarro world down in Shelbyville.
I listened to 960's post-game show last year when the Flames finished getting swept and Loubardias was predicting the team would be playing in June a few times in the near future. They're delusional af down there.

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12 and harpoon

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
For anybody here who was watching the Oilers since the early 90's...

Man I would love somebody to "Boris Mirinov" Kesler.
One of Sather's robbery man I miss the days of Gm winning most trades we got Matt Lindgren Boris Mironov 1st round 4th overall pick in 94 draft , to bad it was Jason Boinsignore and another 4th rnd pick. We gave up Dave Manson and a 6th . A chia trade in reverse

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If Lil Jhonny isn't setting up Monohan, that guy is a complete ghost. He creates nothing for a C. I have not even noticed Monohan tonight.
IMG_0347.JPG

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
How entirely, supremely f***ing predictable. Called it as soon as Smith shut the Oilers out; knew he'd just go out and get blown out again to balance out the universe.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Leafsnet is always reaching to make things look better than they are. Without bothering, one of the other or both are not tops in their respective leagues lol.
IMG_0350.JPG

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
One of Sather's robbery man I miss the days of Gm winning most trades we got Matt Lindgren Boris Mironov 1st round 4th overall pick in 94 draft , to bad it was Jason Boinsignore and another 4th rnd pick. We gave up Dave Manson and a 6th . A chia trade in reverse
Would be crazy if Sather came back to gm the Oilers to a cup, sure OBC but he aight.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
No playoffs for the Flametards and they traded their 1st rounder. Their failure is even worse than ours in my opinion, they actually had a decently balanced team but their coach threw it away. Gulootsun is the only coach I wouldn’t trade TMac for.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I listened to 960's post-game show last year when the Flames finished getting swept and Loubardias was predicting the team would be playing in June a few times in the near future. They're delusional af down there.
Oh hell yeah. No amount of meds is helping the group I was listening to last night.
My only disappointment was that I didn't get to hear any callers ... don't they do callers?

Rejean31

Aug 14, 2003
Drunken Alley
Visit site

"I believe they will sweep (this roadtrip) and (that homestand) and (other roadtrip)....and once the drunk fans put down their beers and wake up tomorrow they'll realize the Flames are actually in a really good spot."

This is 99.9% BS. I listened to the exact same radio show and everything you stated after the Johnny comment is an outright lie.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Be a good boy or girl and you'll get a big helping of the NHL.

Chicago at Buffalo @ 11 AM NHLN-US, MSG-B, WGN
New Jersey at Los Angeles @ 2 PM FS-W, MSG+
Montreal at Toronto @ 5 PM CBC, SN, TVAS, NHLN-US
Bosotn at Tampa Bay @ 5 PM SUN, NESN
Philadelphia at Carolina @ 5 PM FS-CR, NBCSP
Ottawa at Columbus @ 5 PM CITY, TVAS2, FS-O
New York Rangers at St. Louis @ 6 PM FS-MW, MSG
Minnesota at Arizona @ 7 PM FS-A PLUS, FS-N
San Jose at Vancouver @ 8 PM CBC, SN, NBCSCA

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Oh hell yeah. No amount of meds is helping the group I was listening to last night.
My only disappointment was that I didn't get to hear any callers ... don't they do callers?
They did callers around midnight or so. Was just a massive amount of hilariousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad