World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
would Gallagher be eligible? if so its very likely that Chucky and Gally end up playing on the same line.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If you can be 23, Jaden Schwartz will certainly be on the team. If it's only under 23, he'd be too old at that point.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
If Nurse has a strong rookie season, I could see him possibly on the team. Nuge would make it if he's eligible, but I've heard conflicting reports.

Aceonfire*

If it's 23 and under RNH will be there. He will turn 23 in April of 2016.

And people always forget about Severson. He'll be 22 that year.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
This is silly....:laugh:

But here we go:

Drouin - MacKinnon - Galchenyuk
Huberdeau - Monahan - Gaudreau
Eichel - McDavid - Larkin
Duclair - RNH - Domi

Rielly - Ekblad
Trouba - Jones
Murray - Hamilton

Gibson
Fucale

Can this team win the whole thing?

Discuss and make your own rosters.

Depending on where they make the cutoff Seguin, Johansen, Skinner, Schwartz, Gallagher, Saad , Faulk could be there.

Regardless I think Strome, Bjugstad would be on that team.

Team as you have it has no chance but with the 92' birth yr they'd have an outside chance.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
If it's 23 and under RNH will be there. He will turn 23 in April of 2016.

And people always forget about Severson. He'll be 22 that year.

I assume it will be like that, otherwise they're going to struggle to put together a good team.

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012
Huberdeau-Scheifele-Strome
Drouin-McDavid-MacKinnon
Gaudreau-Monahan-Nugent-Hopkins
Domi-Horvat-S.Reinhart
Jenner-Eichel-Lazar

Murray-Hamilton
Jones-Ekblad
Rielly-Trouba
G.Reinhart-Ceci

Gibson
Subban
Fucale

How's that team? I believe they are all eligible as well. List will obviously change between now and then.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Huberdeau-Scheifele-Strome
Drouin-McDavid-MacKinnon
Gaudreau-Monahan-Nugent-Hopkins
Domi-Horvat-S.Reinhart
Jenner-Eichel-Lazar

Murray-Hamilton
Jones-Ekblad
Rielly-Trouba
G.Reinhart-Ceci

Gibson
Subban
Fucale

How's that team? I believe they are all eligible as well. List will obviously change between now and then.

As a Canucks fan I really don't see Horvat making that team but that just my opinion. Nice looking team overall. Ryan Strome and Galchenyuk have spots on that team too I'd say.

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012
As a Canucks fan I really don't see Horvat making that team but that just my opinion. Nice looking team overall. Ryan Strome and Galchenyuk have spots on that team too I'd say.

Strome is on the first line right wing, right I keep forgetting gally is US not Russian, can't think who he would fit with/who needs to be removed/broken up.

Edit: How's this;

Huberdeau-Galchenyuk-Strome
Drouin-McDavid-MacKinnon
Gaudreau-Monahan-Scheifele
Domi-Nugent-Hopkins-Reinhart
Jenner-Horvat-Lazar
Eichel

Murray-Hamilton
Jones-Ekblad
Rielly-Trouba
G.Reinhart-Ceci

Gibson
Subban
Fucale

Last edited:

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Strome is on the first line right wing, right I keep forgetting gally is US not Russian, can't think who he would fit with/who needs to be removed/broken up.

Edit: How's this;

Huberdeau-Galchenyuk-Strome
Drouin-McDavid-MacKinnon
Gaudreau-Monahan-Scheifele
Domi-Nugent-Hopkins-Reinhart
Jenner-Horvat-Lazar
Eichel

Murray-Hamilton
Jones-Ekblad
Rielly-Trouba
G.Reinhart-Ceci

Gibson
Subban
Fucale

Ya looks decent. Damon Severson, Derrick Pouliot, Darnell Nurse and Nathan Bealieu all will have as good a chance as Ceci and Reinhart in those 7-8 spots. As for the fwds you have 5 lines and and a spare prob be more like 4 and a spare. So cut three players.

The thing is I wonder where the cutoff will be because from all account it will be 23 and under and not u23 and depending on where they put the cutoff there would be alot more players elidgable.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
This is silly....:laugh:

But here we go:

Drouin - MacKinnon - Galchenyuk
Huberdeau - Monahan - Gaudreau
Eichel - McDavid - Larkin
Duclair - RNH - Domi

Rielly - Ekblad
Trouba - Jones
Murray - Hamilton

Gibson
Fucale

Can this team win the whole thing?

Discuss and make your own rosters.

So if this team wins- they will be flying both the Canadian and American flags? Imagine if this team plays Canada in the final? Basically Canada would still win (LOL). What a complete joke and insult to the Slovaks and Swiss hockey players. Those nations have played Canada tough and deserved to be the 7th and 8th teams.

Canuckistani

Mar 15, 2014
Toronto
So Canada and USA will be without their best U-23s but the rest of the field gets to keep theirs?

What a sick joke this tournament is.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I still say fellas that once the dust settles there is no way the NHL will keep this idea. They'll revert back. This can't be anything more than a "Let's test it for feedback" idea. There is no way that a tournament that produced some of our greatest memories will resort to this, I say there is no way. It would be like the shootout deciding playoff overtime games.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I still say fellas that once the dust settles there is no way the NHL will keep this idea. They'll revert back. This can't be anything more than a "Let's test it for feedback" idea. There is no way that a tournament that produced some of our greatest memories will resort to this, I say there is no way. It would be like the shootout deciding playoff overtime games.

You're giving the swelled-head suits at NHL HQ too much credit. Golden Boy John Collins, whose idea this is, is believed to only have to snap his fingers and the money will flow. And their own polling suggests 80-90% of fans view this as the best of whatever other cockamamie idea(s) they floated out there in their "marketing".

I'd be shocked if the NHL changed course on this midstream. The only thing NHL executives have more of than stupidity? Arrogance.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Any chance they take Tom Wilson? he probably wouldn't get picked on talent but he could provide some physicality which this team would lack outside Boone Jenner.

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012
Ya looks decent. Damon Severson, Derrick Pouliot, Darnell Nurse and Nathan Bealieu all will have as good a chance as Ceci and Reinhart in those 7-8 spots. As for the fwds you have 5 lines and and a spare prob be more like 4 and a spare. So cut three players.

The thing is I wonder where the cutoff will be because from all account it will be 23 and under and not u23 and depending on where they put the cutoff there would be alot more players elidgable.

Yeah that's why I said there would still be obvious changes over time due to risers and fallers, Nurse should be a close decision.

As to the idea itself, yeah it sucks. It should be all the nations and during an international break. "The World Cup of Hockey" should consist of the best players from around the world, and on their respected national teams. Also the money should be split between the teams not just NHL profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad