Murray - Hamilton

Gibson
Fucale

Can this team win the whole thing?

Discuss and make your own rosters.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
The talent is there to compete but perhaps not the experience? And of course it a gimmick team, how much will they care?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
What would the North American Young Stars roster look like?

I missed a bit of Bettman's presser, but if I heard correctly, the World Cup will have a NA young stars team where the criteria is 23 or younger? Does that mean Canada/USA can't pick from that age range, or does that team just get the leftovers (aka McDavid/Ekblad could play for Canada)?

Interested to see what the team would look like.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Saad- RyJo - Strome
Schwartz - RNH - Scheifele
Galchenyuk - Bjugstad - Gaudreau
Huberdeau - Mackinnon - Drouin
Monahan/McDavid/Eichel

Murray - Hamilton
Jones - Trouba
Rielly - Ekblad
Ouellet/Ceci/Severson/

Gibson
M. Subban

Last edited:

Aceonfire*

Saad- RyJo - Strome
Monahan/McDavid/Eichel

Murray - Hamilton
Jones - Trouba
Rielly - Ekblad
Ouellet/Ceci/Severson/

Gibson
M. Subban

I would love it if a team like this beat Team Canada. I am going to be cheering for this team and the Euro team because they seem to be underdogs right from the start.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Saad- RyJo - Strome
Monahan/McDavid/Eichel

Murray - Hamilton
Jones - Trouba
Rielly - Ekblad
Ouellet/Ceci/Severson/

Gibson
M. Subban

this team is forever screwed. there are simply to good Goalies 23 and under. not saying gibson is bad but he is not in the nhl right now and even though he could be he still completely fails in comparison to a top goalie like quick, price, rask, ect. also gibson is a better goalie then you'd normally be getting for a 23 and under group.

the O and D might not be horrible but without G this team is doomed to fail

Aceonfire*

this team is forever screwed. there are simply to good Goalies 23 and under. not saying gibson is bad but he is not in the nhl right now and even though he could be he still completely fails in comparison to a top goalie like quick, price, rask, ect. also gibson is a better goalie then you'd normally be getting for a 23 and under group.

the O and D might not be horrible but without G this team is doomed to fail

Goalies when playing internationally are hard to predict. Look at Gudļevskis for Latvia and what he was able to accomplish.

If they can find a young G willing to compete, the kids stand a chance.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Goalies when playing internationally are hard to predict. Look at Gudļevskis for Latvia and what he was able to accomplish.

If they can find a young G willing to compete, the kids stand a chance.

there is a massive difference between a Latvian goalie for a goalie for this 23 and under team. that is the pressure to preform. lets be honest a team like Latvia is not expected to win or even play a competitive game vs the top teams in the league. there players get to go out and play without worrying about disappointing there whole country by losing to canada.

the U23 team is different because this team is made up of good nhl players with some real star power thrown in. they are not going to be in the " lets go get the experience and have fun" mind set. they are going to want to win vs the top teams and given their roster they should.

IMO pressure effects player (specifically young player) a lot. some react good to it some don't. a AHL caliber goalie feeling the pressure to outplay a guy like price, quick, rask, ect will likely not end in them outplaying said goalie.

I Pity The Foo

Jan 11, 2012
Victoria BC
Who would make the under 23 team?

Just wondering who u think would make the under 23 team. Its north American only

Johnny hockey
Hamilton
Hubs
RNH
And a couple others are exempt cause of age apparently.

Last edited:

shutty

Aug 18, 2012
Ottawa
Do you think they would try balance the roster with number of players per country? 12 and 11 players? If they just pick the best U23 guys who are playing in the NHL regardless of which country the are from, then it would lean more on the Canada side

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Droiun-Hopkins-Mackinnion
Gaudreau-Mcdavid-Eichel
Galcheyuk-Monahan-Reinhart
Jenner-Schiefle-Strome

Hamilton-Ekblad
Murray-Jones
Rielly-Trouba

Gibson
Subban
Fucale

I Pity The Foo

Jan 11, 2012
Victoria BC
Ya but they set a rule that exempts those players due to age restrictions per certian date. thats why I said in the beginning that they are ineligible

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Droiun-Hopkins-Mackinnion
Gaudreau-Mcdavid-Eichel
Galcheyuk-Monahan-Reinhart
Jenner-Schiefle-Strome

Hamilton-Ekblad
Murray-Jones
Rielly-Trouba

Gibson
Subban
Fucale

We'll see how McDavid and Eichel do after their first season. I'm not sure if 18 year olds will be as mature as kids 5 years older than them.

People I'd add to your team: Forsberg, Landeskog (who will still be 23 in september next year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad