Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v8) Next: VS TEX| Wed, May 4| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Lewis vs Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
You really think guys getting out after a 3-0 count is that rare?

Right now JB and Edwin aren't that dangerous, and Texas just proved that. Pitch around JD and get Jose to pop up.

I'd rather see the runners even attempted to be advanced by Saunders rather than him sit on a hittable 3-0 pitch, but that's just me. When you score 2 runs through 18 innings I'd start taking some chances with getting the ball in play.

Thats the thing. You're seeing the hindsight of it.

The pitcher just threw 7 straight balls. 4 to the guy previous and 3 to you. You're going to swing there?

If he threw a high ball for ball four and he popped out, you'd be lambasting him "Why'd he swing?! Take the pitch idiot!"

He made the right call to not swing at that 4th pitch. Prove to me you can throw a strike after 7 balls. No way in hell would I want the batter to move the bat in that situation.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Thats the thing. You're seeing the hindsight of it.

The pitcher just threw 7 straight balls. 4 to the guy previous and 3 to you. You're going to swing there?

If he threw a high ball for ball four and he popped out, you'd be lambasting him "Why'd he swing?! Take the pitch idiot!"

He made the right call to not swing at that 4th pitch. Prove to me you can throw a strike after 7 balls.

I'd understand if it was a nasty change up and he swung, but I'm sure Saunders could recognize a hittable fastball rather than an above the zone fastball.

The Jays don't have the luxury of having guys prove it to them, they need to prove it themselves.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I'd understand if it was a nasty change up and he swung, but I'm sure Saunders could recognize a hittable fastball rather than an above the zone fastball.

The Jays don't have the luxury of having guys prove it to them, they need to prove it themselves.

Well, I'm gonna disagree with you no matter what. I respect your right to differ. Appreciate you sticking to your guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad