Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v7) Next: vs CWS | Tue, Apr 26| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Sale vs Dickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Can this team be any more frustrating to watch this season? I'm pulling out my hair, and I"m already losing it to begin with. I don't need this stress hahaha

I wonder how much beer gets sold when Dickey pitches? lol

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
Doesn't matter how well Dickey pitches you know there is going to be an inning where he self destructs

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
It's either the pitching is there and the hitting isn't or the hitting is there and the pitching isn't. Have never been more frustrated with a team than this Jay's team this season.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Well said, Daisy.:yo:

well everytime i see something like that, i feel like... yuck. I know i ask a lot of questions, but I am trying to retain it, and I want to understand what's going on, other than "player at plate, throw ball, try to hit it."

and some of them i just forgot - i remember Canada4Gold having to explain a balk to me three times before i got it. something else too, like we saw it in a span of a week. but now i know what it looks like.

but i'll try not to ask that many.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
It's either the pitching is there and the hitting isn't or the hitting is there and the pitching isn't. Have never been more frustrated with a team than this Jay's team this season.

Realistically, we should be 2 games better than we are... which really isn't saying much. This has been a very disappointing season so far. The fact that the White Sox are beating us increases the frustration a tad. The only consolations at this point is a) it's April and b) the rest of the AL East stinks as we're only 2.5 games out of the lead.

But it's still quite frustrating.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
well everytime i see something like that, i feel like... yuck. I know i ask a lot of questions, but I am trying to retain it, and I want to understand what's going on, other than "player at plate, throw ball, try to hit it."

and some of them i just forgot - i remember Canada4Gold having to explain a balk to me three times before i got it. something else too, like we saw it in a span of a week. but now i know what it looks like.

Ask questions if you want to ask questions. Everyone starts somewhere. Everyone had to learn this stuff at some point. If people want to make an issue about the fact that some fans haven't learned all the nuances and aspects of the game, or that someone may just be having a bit of brain freeze and didn't think things through all the way one time, that's on them.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada

I don't think the earlier comment about the questions was directed at you.

It was about that guy demanding to know why a 1B wasn't playing 3B. At least, that's how I took it.

Your questions are clearly about you wanting to learn more about the game.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Ask questions if you want to ask questions. Everyone starts somewhere. Everyone had to learn this stuff at some point. If people want to make an issue about the fact that some fans haven't learned all the nuances and aspects of the game, or that someone may just be having a bit of brain freeze and didn't think things through all the way one time, that's on them.

Well said. You don't need to not ask questions, Daisy. We all start somewhere and, as the old saying goes, those who don't ask questions are the ones who never find the answer.

Ask away! :D:yo:

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Anybody else think they should just let Dickey finish this game?

They aren't beating Sale and they might as well have the bullpen completely fresh to try and get a win tomorrow.

ByeByeBylsma*

I hope Dickey gets injured on the way to the dugout. That way we can send him back to Bible Camp.

frost king

Dec 11, 2013
I don't think the earlier comment about the questions was directed at you.

It was about that guy demanding to know why a 1B wasn't playing 3B. At least, that's how I took it.

Your questions are clearly about you wanting to learn more about the game.

Look I know that Smoak can't play 3B. If you can go to the plate, then you can play the field. Donaldson should have been in the line-up @3B. Basically this idiot Gibbons is telling Smoak, that a scrub who has not played in the show since 2014, is better than you, against an ace pitcher like Sale. What do you think this line-up tonight tells the Blue Jays as a team? You got Dominguez, Barney and Thole in the line-up, who are here, not because they belong, but because ROGERS is too cheap to properly stock a bench. All three of these guys, DON'T BELONG in the majors. Then you wonder why, they are mailing it in tonight.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Look I know that Smoak can't play 3B. If you can go to the plate, then you can play the field. Donaldson should have been in the line-up @3B. Basically this idiot Gibbons is telling Smoak, that a scrub who has not played in the show since 2014, is better than you, against an ace pitcher like Sale. What do you think this line-up tonight tells the Blue Jays as a team? You got Dominguez, Barney and Thole in the line-up, who are here, not because they belong, but because ROGERS is too cheap to properly stock a bench. All three of these guys, DON'T BELONG in the majors. Then you wonder why, they are mailing it in tonight.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The definition of why they made an "ignore" button.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
So you want to play an injured Martin? You want to play a fielder in a position he doesn't play in? You need a great arm to play third base, you need to be able to hold your glove out for the ball to hit playing first. Just because a guy can play 1st doesn't mean he can play 3rd. This is the major leagues no peewee. These guys are in the lineup as backup, which is what they are using them for. How are they not stocking up? They have the best hitting line up in baseball.

I hope you were joking otherwise that's just sad.:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig