Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v21) Next: @ NYY| Mon, Aug 15| 7pmET/4pmPT | Dickey vs Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Espn had an article about smoak?

yeah lol.

titled

IS JUSTIN SMOAK OVERRATED?

Many likely wouldn't rate Smoak highly, but David Schoenfield finds it suspect that a first baseman with a career OPS+ below the league average for all hitters has been in the league for so long. Most overrated players (Insider)

You have to have an "Insider" subscription to read

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
So we have:
Automatic out
Travis
Donaldson

as our last hope. Have to hope Travis can get a double. Or maybe a single, and steal. Thole should be taking pitches the entire way. Try to get a walk. Don't even bother swinging, dude; you're not hitting anything.

I am pretty sure Martin will PH for Thole.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Why Tepera when the game is still only a 1 run game? This offense, while struggling, still can explode and can happen any inning. What a STUPID decision to begin with. Just stupid, stupid, stupid. But I'm not surprised, with this management.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I'm not replacing an established major league player with a double A prospect during a run for a division title.

And Smoak won't continue getting these kinds of at bats when everybody is healthy (assuming they all return soon). He will go back to being largely a bench player/defensive replacement.

which established major league player is Tellez taking bats away from? I don't see one.

Smoak shouldn't be getting AB's even right now is my point. He needs to go to AAA and figure out how to hit.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
yeah lol.

titled

IS JUSTIN SMOAK OVERRATED?

Many likely wouldn't rate Smoak highly, but David Schoenfield finds it suspect that a first baseman with a career OPS+ below the league average for all hitters has been in the league for so long. Most overrated players (Insider)

You have to have an "Insider" subscription to read

Who is overrating Smoak?? Everyone knows he's terrible.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
I wonder what it would take to get gardiner or ellsbury? I doubt it would ever happen because we re rivals but considering they are left handed corner outfield contact hitters atlims should at least enquire. Then rotate edwin and jose between 1st and dh and send smoak home.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I wonder what it would take to get gardiner or ellsbury? I doubt it would ever happen because we re rivals but considering they are left handed corner outfield contact hitters atlims should at least enquire. Then rotate edwin and jose between 1st and dh and send smoak home.

I bet you could get Ellsbury for nothing if you took his entire contract....which no one would do. Not to mention he really isn't that good anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad