Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v21) Next: @ NYY| Mon, Aug 15| 7pmET/4pmPT | Dickey vs Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Personally I would promote Tellez and give him a shot.

You want to bring up a Double-A prospect in the middle of a pennant race?

Okay, I get it. You can't answer my question (which was posed seriously, I myself have wondered if there is a way to upgrade on Smoak), so you respond with the whole: "call up the hotshot from the minors" answer as if that constitutes a serious argument.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Stroman was an AAA pitcher once.

That's circular logic.

I don't think "circular logic" means what you think it means.

This bottom of the order is akin to waving the white flag.

If only management had foreseen multiple injuries felling 3 of their top 4 outfielders. They could've had multiple MLB-ready bats waiting in the minor leagues just like every other team.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
How in the hell did Smoak get an extension? He's the Thole of 1B except he doesn't just play once every 5 games.

frost king

Dec 11, 2013
So when Bautista gets back, can we get someone to hide his glove, so that he doesn't get hurt anymore? Any volunteers?

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
How in the hell did Smoak get an extension? He's the Thole of 1B except he doesn't just play once every 5 games.

It's comical that the people that stated it was a poor singing, were criticized here. His OPS is below league average among all positions, and he plays 1B... truly incompetent signing. ESPN had an article about this other day, it's unbelievable he's found a way to stay in the league

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Sox did it with Benintendi

Whatever Tellez can give us is better than Smoak.

You want to continue giving Smoak AB's??

I'm not replacing an established major league player with a double A prospect during a run for a division title.

And Smoak won't continue getting these kinds of at bats when everybody is healthy (assuming they all return soon). He will go back to being largely a bench player/defensive replacement.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Seriously, I know that they brought Upton Jr. in as a potential fill-in for when we lose Bautista, but the way the guy plays... and swings at just about EVERY FREAKING THING they throw at him... I just don't see him in a Jays uniform next year. I was hopeful on the move... Upton Jr. is a certified disaster at the plate.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
So we have:
Automatic out
Travis
Donaldson

as our last hope. Have to hope Travis can get a double. Or maybe a single, and steal. Thole should be taking pitches the entire way. Try to get a walk. Don't even bother swinging, dude; you're not hitting anything.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
It's comical that the people that stated it was a poor singing, were criticized here. His OPS is below league average among all positions, and he plays 1B... truly incompetent signing. ESPN had an article about this other day, it's unbelievable he's found a way to stay in the league

Espn had an article about smoak?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
So we have:
Automatic out
Travis
Donaldson

as our last hope. Have to hope Travis can get a double. Or maybe a single, and steal. Thole should be taking pitches the entire way. Try to get a walk. Don't even bother swinging, dude; you're not hitting anything.

They have to pinch hit Martin for Thole. If they don't then Gibby must be brain dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce