Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v11) Next: vs BOS| Sun, May 29| 1pm ET/10am PT | Price vs Dickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Serious question: I know the Jays' Bullpen has always classically been the weakpoint, but is it safe to say that this is the weakest Pen the Jays have ever had? It REALLY seems like it. I could be wrong, and I know it's always been iffy, but wow, 4 different bullpen pitchers (Chavez, Floyd, Cecil & Storen) that range from unreliable to outright horrid? This I dont remember.

Floyd has not been that bad. The others are pretty terrible.

How can we get a Yankees bullpen? 3 guys like Osuna!!!! Crazy.

I really think they wanted Storen as a closer type elite reliever. He is not that for us this year. Sanchez is that elite guy. But better he pitches as an elite starter for 3 times the innings then as a reliever

I kinda want to see a raw minor league reliever. I don't know who... But we need an 8th inning shut down guy like crazy.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Amazing how not trying to crush that ball every time in these situations can generate runs. Wonder if Gibby will ever figure that out.

What? Pedroia's double is the reason why they won. And it's not even like Gibby is telling them how to approach each at bat.

Serious question: I know the Jays' Bullpen has always classically been the weakpoint, but is it safe to say that this is the weakest Pen the Jays have ever had? It REALLY seems like it. I could be wrong, and I know it's always been iffy, but wow, 4 different bullpen pitchers (Chavez, Floyd, Cecil & Storen) that range from unreliable to outright horrid? This I dont remember.

No, it's not even close to their worst. Did you ever watch the Jays in 2014?

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Floyd has not been that bad. The others are pretty terrible.

How can we get a Yankees bullpen? 3 guys like Osuna!!!! Crazy.

I really think they wanted Storen as a closer type elite reliever. He is not that for us this year. Sanchez is that elite guy. But better he pitches as an elite starter for 3 times the innings then as a reliever

I kinda want to see a raw minor league reliever. I don't know who... But we need an 8th inning shut down guy like crazy.

Angel Perdomo. If the jays are serious about winning more than development they should be fast tracking this kid in the pen.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I really think is it for Storen. I think you will see a move made in the next day or so.

Storen could stillbe good I think. Give him a month in the minors and pitch him like crazy 1 inning At a time and get him going? I really know crap about baseball... But Storen has talent. If you get him going right he could be an elite set up man this season maybe?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

Lol what? Why are Floyd and Cecil on the list? Floyd has been pretty good aside from today and Cecil started even worse last year and was incredible last year, but yes a month makes him a horrid reliever..

Mar 14, 2011

The 2011 season was pretty bad, I still can't understand why Farrell would continuously put Frank Francisco and Jon Rauch into the closing role despite failing time and time again, he makes Gibons look like a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad