WC: 2016 Team Switzerland

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
We have a win-win situation here :

If the predators eliminate the Sharks ... We have a Swiss in conference finals.
If they are eliminated ... we have Josi in our National team ...

Fisher has extended the opening depending on the Thursday's result. Predators - SJSharks

This is all good.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014

Fisher has extended the opening depending on the Thursday's result. Predators - SJSharks

This is all good.

Dear Roman...Good luck on Thursday. If things don't work out, come see us...

Sincerely, Coach Fisher

PS: Please Lose ;)

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich

This is all good.

The Preds can go **** themselves for all I care.

Would be nice for Josi tho.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Schneeberger had one or two bad plays, isn't as fast as Grossmann, but is miles ahead with his vision and stickhandling. Made the best break-out passes beside Diaz, I was positively surprised. Should stay ahead of Grossmann.

Weber had a solid game as well IMO.

I'd like to have Haas back, Schäppi is useless as a Line 1-3 Center. Maybe reward Trachsler and put Hofmann back on the Wing.

Your thoughts?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, play Trachsler with Nino and Moser, Schäppi could center the 4th line with Walker/D.Wieser with limited ice-time (7-8 minutes). Walser with Ambühl and Hollenstein and Hofmann could again center Andrighetto and Marc Wieser. Or let Wieser sit and put Haas between Hofmann and Andrighetto.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Yeah I'm in my role as the "glass half full" kind of guy again, but I think quarter finals are still all but dead.
Win against Latvia tomorrow is a must, thats clear.
And then comes what Swiss teams used to be good at: steal points from big nations. Czech, Swe and even Russia aren't far away and with their rosters this year I expect 2 points out of these 3 games, however they make it.

9-10 points could be enough to qualify then.
But Lets speak about that later, first is Latvia who has done pretty well so far.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Yeah, play Trachsler with Nino and Moser, Schäppi could center the 4th line with Walker/D.Wieser with limited ice-time (7-8 minutes). Walser with Ambühl and Hollenstein and Hofmann could again center Andrighetto and Marc Wieser. Or let Wieser sit and put Haas between Hofmann and Andrighetto.

Exactly how I see it. Trachsler with Nino and Moser would be a bit slow, but have the potential to keep the puck in the offensiv zone for an extended time with their board play.
And probably M. Wieser out again.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Yeah I'm in my role as the "glass half full" kind of guy again, but I think quarter finals are still all but dead.
Win against Latvia tomorrow is a must, thats clear.
And then comes what Swiss teams used to be good at: steal points from big nations. Czech, Swe and even Russia aren't far away and with their rosters this year I expect 2 points out of these 3 games, however they make it.

9-10 points could be enough to qualify then.
But Lets speak about that later, first is Latvia who has done pretty well so far.

I see it the same. Against the top 6 nation there will be more space for the transition game. And the swiss got a lot of players who are suited to that kind of game. Having average editions of top 6 opponents this year, surely does keep the chances alive.
But losing against Latvia is definitely a no-go.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Exactly how I see it. Trachsler with Nino and Moser would be a bit slow, but have the potential to keep the puck in the offensiv zone for an extended time with their board play.
And probably M. Wieser out again.

Put Diaz on the blueline and let Moser/Nino deflect his wrist-shots. :)

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Put Diaz on the blueline and let Moser/Nino deflect his wrist-shots. :)

Good receipe.

Never understood why Moser had no chance in Nashville. When he played in NHL, he was more than ok imo.
Probably he should have stayed one more year with the Amirals ... . And not listened to the 1000's of projects these teams have. He would have made it. i am sure.

Same for Diaz ... well Diaz has the size against him ... but he does well in spite of it.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Blast!
I wanted the Caps- Pens series to go to game 7... Now the Russians got 3 add-ins, earlier than the swiss got its potential 1 add-in (Josi/Müller).
Don't fear Ovie as much as Kuznetsov, this combo of smarts and skills on center could be deadly. Orlov is a plus for the average russian D as well...

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
Good receipe.

Never understood why Moser had no chance in Nashville. When he played in NHL, he was more than ok imo.
Probably he should have stayed one more year with the Amirals ... . And not listened to the 1000's of projects these teams have. He would have made it. i am sure.

Same for Diaz ... well Diaz has the size against him ... but he does well in spite of it.

That's a good one :laugh:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Blast!
I wanted the Caps- Pens series to go to game 7... Now the Russians got 3 add-ins, earlier than the swiss got its potential 1 add-in (Josi/Müller).
Don't fear Ovie as much as Kuznetsov, this combo of smarts and skills on center could be deadly. Orlov is a plus for the average russian D as well...

OMG :help:

You are right ... are you sure they are joining the team ?
Because, as you say, that is deadly !!

Kutnezov : 77 pts in 82 games
Ovie (no need of stats to highlight his stregth but) : 71 pts (50 goals) in 79 games.

The Swedes and the Czechs will also receive some new players ... .

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
That's a good one :laugh:

Moser played some games with the big team, displaying a lot of energy and creating opportunities ... But not in the sense the team was playing. Therefore he should have stayed ... he would have acclimated.
Therefore when the injured player came back, he was sent back.

Nashville was bragging about their projects that were maturing and that their was no place for Moser ... (same thing was said about Josi ... who is of different caliber ... i agree) ... but at the end their projects didn't hold the road to the point that Nashville had to exchange Jones (big D ... slightly below Josi or Weber ... all the future in front of him) for a forward Johansen. And Fiala is still with the Amirals ... AHL as well as most other "great projects".

He porbably would have been a 3rd line ... but he would be there. (in the last years Nashville has a problems with forwards ... it is the team with the highest ratio of points scored by Defense)

A bit like Roman Wick ... patience opens doors .... North Americans are conservative ... it takes time till they open the real doors. (unless you are a star ... which we all agree that at the NHL level, Moser is not.)

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
That would be terrible, I thought Diaz has been the team's best player so far.

The good news is that there's a two day break, hopefully one of them can play. Or maybe wait for Sunday, Sweden and the Czech Republic look more beatable than Russia.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
damn.... we really aren't lucky aren't we? both on and off ice

Nothing for free this year... All that obstacles on the other hand are perfect teambuilders. They have to ride the desperado roads all the way. Desperados are dangerous...

Dubois' injury is no surprise after he was checked during the shooting motion. Haven't noticed any suspicious incidents regarding Diaz.

Only 3 solid Dmen left would be scary though.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Schneeberger is really good, nice pick by the staff, as he wasn't an obvious call. Followed him quite closely in Davos, he has all the tools to play many more WHC's.

Our PK is a mess. Maybe because our top defenders can't defend. Not that I miss Seger or Bezina but Weber/Diaz/Du Bois/Blum is just too much offense and no defense. Non of them is even labelled a two-way player. Maybe Diaz.
I like offensive Dmen, they scored some important goals so far, but the balance is not quite there.

Berra hasn't looked good so far, I have to say. Same with Mayer.
First time in this decade we have kind of a goalie-problem I'm affraid.

Diaz and Du Bois out would be a disaster, here's hoping at least one of them being back for the next games..

Next games: Russia won't be easy, especially with Ovie and Kuz boosting them.
Sweden has a beatable roster like never before, but history tells me that we always get outscored heavily against them. They skate around us and win 6-1 normally. Here's hoping for a change.
Czech Rep is 50/50 really. Yes they upset Russis but that's it. Their roster is not better than ours, this one is totally depending on goalie-performances and luck.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Schneeberger is really good, nice pick by the staff, as he wasn't an obvious call. Followed him quite closely in Davos, he has all the tools to play many more WHC's.

Our PK is a mess. Maybe because our top defenders can't defend. Not that I miss Seger or Bezina but Weber/Diaz/Du Bois/Blum is just too much offense and no defense. Non of them is even labelled a two-way player. Maybe Diaz.
I like offensive Dmen, they scored some important goals so far, but the balance is not quite there.

Berra hasn't looked good so far, I have to say. Same with Mayer.
First time in this decade we have kind of a goalie-problem I'm affraid.

Diaz and Du Bois out would be a disaster, here's hoping at least one of them being back for the next games..

Next games: Russia won't be easy, especially with Ovie and Kuz boosting them.
Sweden has a beatable roster like never before, but history tells me that we always get outscored heavily against them. They skate around us and win 6-1 normally. Here's hoping for a change.
Czech Rep is 50/50 really. Yes they upset Russis but that's it. Their roster is not better than ours, this one is totally depending on goalie-performances and luck.

Czech Rep dominated Sweden in the second period and won 4-2. I have a hard time seeing the Swiss pulling that off.
With that said, a possible addition of Roman Josi in time for the Sweden game could influence the outcome. Filip Forsberg could be on the other side, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad