WC: 2016 Team Slovakia

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
Dang, Panik just ripped into the Slovak management, see below for the Slovak and bad English translation.

Its from the below interview

http://www.sport7.sk/clanok/153868-panik-o-svehlovi-s-cigerom-zarazilo-ma-ako-sa-o-nas-vyjadrovali

I'm speculating, but form the language sounds like he may have chatted to Hrivik on this, and they both probably had the same experience

I wish they would speak about this even more openly / fairly criticize the current GM and Coach. I mean I totally agree - Reading news / comments about yourself from the media from someone you haven't even spoken to / met is just terrible amateurism.

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
Will Hudacek be a def #1 G in the upcoming tournament ?

He was meant to be before the friendly matches, but Konrad performed well and has challenged him for that role, so no clear #1 currently

I personally have a hunch that Konrad will be starter against Hungary, and if he does well may stay in goal for a few games before he gets a break

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
He was meant to be before the friendly matches, but Konrad performed well and has challenged him for that role, so no clear #1 currently

I personally have a hunch that Konrad will be starter against Hungary, and if he does well may stay in goal for a few games before he gets a break

My hunch now confirmed in the media

EDIT: expected lines. Same as last game. Cehlarik / Skalicky out. Bartanus, Hrnka both in.

Konrád (J. Hudáček) - Marinčin, Sekera, Meszároš, Sersen, Graňák, Mikuš, Jaroš, Švarný - Bakoš, Réway, Daňo - Jurčo, Viedenský, L. Hudáček - Dravecký, Marcinko, Bartánus - Hrnka, Šťastný, Lušňák.

Last edited:

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
You could count our solid players using one hand and still, they prefer Hrnka and Bartanus over Cehlarik and Skalicky. I don't even know what to say.

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
On my fantasy lineup I have Konrad, Sekera, Bakos, and Reway starting, and Reway had the captain's band. Someone please tell me this is a great idea.

Konrad, I like. Sekera I like. Bakos I'm not sure about, he won't do terrible, but will rely more on linemates. Reway is a high beta play, if he gets into it he'll do amazing, but could fail miserably. I would also like Meszaros, and Dano. I think Dano will be the top scorer on this team. These are just my views of course.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Konrad, I like. Sekera I like. Bakos I'm not sure about, he won't do terrible, but will rely more on linemates. Reway is a high beta play, if he gets into it he'll do amazing, but could fail miserably. I would also like Meszaros, and Dano. I think Dano will be the top scorer on this team. These are just my views of course.
Dano is good but he struggled last year. I'm going with Slovakia for game one. Bakos is on a line with Dano and Reway and perhaps will feed off their points. Idealistically Sekera, Reway, and Bakos combine for at least 10 points, and Konrad gets the shutout.

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
My hunch now confirmed in the media

EDIT: expected lines. Same as last game. Cehlarik / Skalicky out. Bartanus, Hrnka both in.

Konrád (J. Hudáček) - Marinčin, Sekera, MeszároÅ¡, Sersen, Graňák, MikuÅ¡, JaroÅ¡, Å varný - BakoÅ¡, Réway, Daňo - Jurčo, Viedenský, L. Hudáček - Dravecký, Marcinko, Bartánus - Hrnka, Å ťastný, LuÅ¡ňák.

Expected lines were same as those in the last training session before tomorrow's game, so no doubt now about the starting lineup

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
So Ciger was talking about potentially changing up some players, which is a good sign.

I have to admit, Bartanus did better than I expected, but I didn't like Hudacek for examle. Let's see what he comes up with, though I certainly think Cehlarik should be in top 3 lines (maybe instead of Hudacek) and I would like to see Skalicky on the 4th line instead of Hrnka

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
Konrad is clear number one goalie? i thought it's 50-50 with hudacek

Not a claer numbero uno, but The coach likes Konrads form and calm. There's a chance Hudacek will play a game, but my guess will be that he would play only after this next game, if we win it

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
I was only able to watch the first period of the France game, was Slovakia actually visually dominant at all? I saw that shots were 28-22 for France, so I'm a bit surprised.

Other interesting bits I picked up from the IIHF stats is that 1) Stastny is terrible at face offs (1-6 against france) 2) the 3rd line looks to have had more ice time than 2nd line, both Jurco and Viedensky only has 12-13 mins ice tijme vs 15-16 mins for our favorite Bartanus 3) Reway is pointless and didn't even send a shot on net the whole game

I'm happy with the result but it doesn't quite make sesne to me why we did well, so can anyone explain? I mean, shouldn't the best players be playing more than guys like Bartanus? Shouldn't Slovakia be shooting more? Or were we really that good that we did one-twos all the time and tried to hit an empty net, instead of shooting as much as possible?

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
I was only able to watch the first period of the France game, was Slovakia actually visually dominant at all? I saw that shots were 28-22 for France, so I'm a bit surprised.

Other interesting bits I picked up from the IIHF stats is that 1) Stastny is terrible at face offs (1-6 against france) 2) the 3rd line looks to have had more ice time than 2nd line, both Jurco and Viedensky only has 12-13 mins ice tijme vs 15-16 mins for our favorite Bartanus 3) Reway is pointless and didn't even send a shot on net the whole game

I'm happy with the result but it doesn't quite make sesne to me why we did well, so can anyone explain? I mean, shouldn't the best players be playing more than guys like Bartanus? Shouldn't Slovakia be shooting more? Or were we really that good that we did one-twos all the time and tried to hit an empty net, instead of shooting as much as possible?

This time around stats tell very little. France may have gotten shots through, but you would struggle counting to three in re. goal scoring chances. In fact this was a very easy game for Slovaks, they controlled the play and calmly took the win. It's been very long since Slovakia had such an easy game vs anyone.

I do agree with all the other interesting bits you picked up.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

Remember those times when Slovakia heavily outshot its opponents in games like these and still ended up losing?

They were playing combination style hockey yesterday and it was good enough to score 5 goals against France. They might want to shoot more even from bad positions against the better teams as the Canadians or Finns are unlikely to let them play this style in the same way that France allowed them.

As for Bartanus, I'm not his biggest fan either but the TOI of several players in this game was influenced by Dano leaving the game early and the relatively high time spent on the PK.

Reway is not having the most impressive tournament so far but even on his best night, he goes for the pass 9 times out of 10, so I'm not sure why you would choose to point out the lack of SOG on his part.

I do agree on Stastny though, a lot has been said about Hrnka, but I think that both Stastny and Lusnak have struggled much more than he has.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Some news:
Konrad back in goal for the game vs Germany. The coaches plan to rotate the goalies until decided otherwise.
Dravecky replaces Dano in 1st line.
Cehlarik replaces Dravecky in 3rd line.

Dano has a lower body injury, he is day-to-day with expected recovery between 1-7 days.

Last edited:

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Hrnka injured and out of the tournament. Assuming Dano still rests, the lines should I be the coach should be like this:

Cehlárik-Reway-Skalicky
Jurco-Viedensky-Hudacek
Bakos-Marcinko-Dravecky
Bartánus-Lusnak-Stastny

Should Dano play, then like this:

Cehlárik-Reway-Dano
Jurco-Viedensky-Hudacek
Bakos-Marcinko-Dravecky
Bartánus-Lusnak-Stastny/Skalicky

something needs to happen, 1st line is awful, Reway/Dravecky didn't work, Reway/Bakos doesn't work, Reway needs new wingers.

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
Hrnka injured and out of the tournament. Assuming Dano still rests, the lines should I be the coach should be like this:

Cehlárik-Reway-Skalicky
Jurco-Viedensky-Hudacek
Bakos-Marcinko-Dravecky
Bartánus-Lusnak-Stastny

Should Dano play, then like this:

Cehlárik-Reway-Dano
Jurco-Viedensky-Hudacek
Bakos-Marcinko-Dravecky
Bartánus-Lusnak-Stastny/Skalicky

something needs to happen, 1st line is awful, Reway/Dravecky didn't work, Reway/Bakos doesn't work, Reway needs new wingers.

Did you look same games as I?

1. Reway is huge disapointment. He shoud be in third line at the best, personally i would bench him..
2. On the other side Bartanus is one of our best players so far.

1. Jurco - Viedensky - Bartánus
2. Cehlárik - Dano - Skalicky
3. Bakos - Marcinko - Hudacek
4. Lusnak - Stastny - Dravecky

bench Hrnka, Reway if Dano will be still out, then second line with Marcinko and third with Reway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad