Gergo Nagy - Balazs Sebok - Frank Banham
Vilmos Gallo - Janos Hari - Balint Magosi
13. Ladislav Sikorcin, 14. Krisztian Nagy

sub
Csanad Erdely, Andras Benk, Peter Vincze

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Was it Hungary that beat Sweden a few years back, despite being outshot with like 75-10? :)

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Frank Banham retired some days ago. It was first then I became aware of him becoming a Hungarian national team player.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hungary-Sweden: 2-1

Hungary beat Sweden in an exhibition game back in 2007. The shots were 39-22 in favour of Sweden. If I remember correctly, this was basically Sweden's C-Team up against Hungary's best.

More like D-team. The team was a remix beetwen good (not the best) SHL players and SHL grinders.

In the rematch, Sweden won....0-3 i think.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Good luck guys!

It's good to see hockey becoming more popular in the country of our southern neighbors.

Hope Hungary stays up and plays in the elite division next year as well.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
France can be relegated ,but germany not.

That is incorrect. As per the IIHF site for the tournament, if both teams finish in relegation position, they will stay in the elite division and the next lowest team will be relegated, with only the one team doing so:

http://www.iihfworlds2016.com/en/information/#tournament-format
The overall bottom ranked two of the 16 teams of the final ranking (see below) will be relegated to the 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division I Group A.

The 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship will consist of 16 teams including the teams of the organizing member national associations, thus neither Germany nor France can be among the two relegated teams.

The teams promoted to the 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship will be the top-two teams of the 2016 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division I Group A.

Note: If the co-hosts for the 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship (Germany and France) end up in positions 7 and 8 in Group B during the 2016 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship, only one team will be relegated – the 8th-ranked team of Group A – and only the winner of the 2016 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division I Group A will be promoted.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Janos Hari have broken hand. 10. weeks out of the game.

http://www.icehockey.hu/hirek/hir/xx87

Miklos Rajna
Zoltan Hetényi
Bence Balizs

Kalvin Sagert - Jesse Dudas
Kevin Wehrs - Bence Sziranyi
Attila Orban - Marton Vas
Istvan Mestyan - Daniel Kiss

Gergo Nagy - Balazs Sebok - Frank Banham
Daniel Koger - Andrew Sarauer - Istvan Sofron
Vilmos Galló - Istvan Bartalis - Janos Vas
Csaba Kovacs - Krisztian Nagy - Balint Magosi
Andras Benk, Csanad Erdely

Slohockey

Feb 13, 2014
I have to admit I know nothing about Hungarian team. Do they have KHL players or Czech league players?
Who are the players to watch?
Well, Gallo is playing in SHL, Sebok in Finnish Liiga and Erdely in USHL (junior league in North America), also too bad that Janos Hari, who will play in SHL next season, picked an injury. All four of them young guns. Other than that, perhaps Sofron who played in DEL last season (then changed to EBEL). A lot of others players come from MOL league, and, obviously, from EBEL League.

Also five of the players are naturalised (Sarauer, Banham, Wehrs, Sagert, Dudas).

Some experienced players who are here already for quite a long time: Vas brothers, Kovacs, Hetenyi...

All in all, it will be a hard job for them to stay in Elite Division. Probably too hard, but you never know.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad