Zohorna-Kousal-Kaspar
Koukal-Filippi-Jarusek
Zatovic

Kempny-Kundratek
Jerabek-Jordan
Kolar-Simek
Doudera

Still not confirmed who will start in goal... either Francouz or Furch

Not registered: Machovsky, Zamorsky, Polasek, Kubalik, Sekac (seems to be still injured)

Anyone have idea of PP units?

Not sure about that...

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Good win! Let's hope we keep it up. We might have a good shot against a weaker opponent in the QF...I want to avoid Finland/Canada.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Could some kind soul on here tell me about Michal Kempny? How did he look in the game? How is he as a player?

He is RUMORED to be coming to Chi next year so I am curious.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Great team effort, good goaltending, overall solid win. Jerabek played great, some great defense and passes ...

Agreed, it was very good game from our standpoint... that's our chance on this tournament - great team effort and spectacular goaltending just like in 2010.

Could some kind soul on here tell me about Michal Kempny? How did he look in the game? How is he as a player?

He is RUMORED to be coming to Chi next year so I am curious.

Nothing outstanding but showed very solid defensive game as most of the team, played 18 minutes. Had 1 assist, he's playing on 2nd PP unit. Jerabek is on 1st unit as a defenseman.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Agreed, it was very good game from our standpoint... that's our chance on this tournament - great team effort and spectacular goaltending just like in 2010.

It was a good win, but you can't possibly compare Furch's one game vs Vokoun in 2010. It's a bit early for that just yet ;)

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
It was a good win, but you can't possibly compare Furch's one game vs Vokoun in 2010. It's a bit early for that just yet ;)

Noo, I am not trying to compare it. That was not my point. I wanted to say that for success we will need at least similar goaltending which Vokoun provided back in 2010.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Noo, I am not trying to compare it. That was not my point. I wanted to say that for success we will need at least similar goaltending which Vokoun provided back in 2010.

Ah ok. Misread it, sorry. Yeah agreed, let's see what happens. Tomorrow's game vs Latvia will be tough.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Very lucky to get the win today. Those 7 minutes of PP time without a goal is unacceptable. They need to get their act together on the PP if they want to do well in this tournament.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Jiri Sekac has left the team, he's injured (concussion). Means he's out. Poor Sekac, he had bad luck on injuries in the NHL and now this. Concussions are worst.

By the way, NYI could be eliminated today, what do you think about Zidlicky? He doesn't play much on the Islanders, but we still could use him on the PP as our PP is terrible.

I know that he doesn't have contract, but he's already 39, maybe he's even thinking about retiring so he could go to WHC (for the last shot on national team or in regards to World Cup) and prove that he still got something in himself. It could even help him for possibly new contract somewhere. Wonder what's the possibility here.

He could be another great veteran presence for the young and inexperienced team that we have here. I don't really follow Islanders that much... so I have no idea how he looks on the ice tho.

Thoughts?

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
It will be also interesting to see what happens with Hemsky / Faksa if Dallas is out. Both would be very good additions to our team given their play in the play-offs for Dallas.

Although it almost sounds like our coaches don't count on possible additions from NHL play-offs. It would be unfortunate as both, Faksa and Hemsky, has something to prove on the national level given the upcoming World Cup.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
So according to Idnes.cz Sekac does not have a contract for next season.Props to him that he came... I wouldn't invite Zidlicky. Too many matches for him imo. Faksa and Hemsky is different story. They definetely have a lot to bring. They should be invited...

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I'd take Faksa and Hemsky for sure. They would be invaluable. Faksa has been playing well in the playoffs. Not Zidla though.

Babula

May 31, 2012
I'd take Faksa and Hemsky for sure. They would be invaluable. Faksa has been playing well in the playoffs. Not Zidla though.

agreed. But we can see serious problem if one of our D-mans get injured. Who from our forwards is capable to play defense ? :dunno:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I wonder when the last time was when we were top of a group at the world championship? A long long time ago methinks...

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Bratislava 2011

:handclap: So not so long ago then....I hope we get gold this time though. I always get a bit worried when we start winning all our games before the QF....maybe I'm just superstitious :laugh:

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
:handclap: So not so long ago then....I hope we get gold this time though. I always get a bit worried when we start winning all our games before the QF....maybe I'm just superstitious :laugh:

My feeling exactly :laugh:

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I wonder when the last time was when we were top of a group at the world championship?

Me too. Regulation wins against Sweden & Russia, wow... Usually they don't beat both top teams in the group. I hope they won't screw up against the "little" nations.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009

Oh, now I remember that tournament... That team bulldozed to the semifinal before it bombed out against Sweden. Then they took bronze 7-4 against Russia. I'll always remember Rachunek's hit on Artyukin (or whatever his name was).

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
According to our coaches, we are interested in adding both - Hemský and Faksa from Dallas. However, obviously, we have to wait for medical tests. But coaches are also waiting for game 7 between SJ / NSH. Hertl and Polák could be eventually available. It will be interesting how this plays out.

From what we know, Faksa is really interested in joining the team, not so sure about Hemský. But strong performance from the NHL playoffs (which he showed) + IIHF Worlds... could really improve Hemskys chances on the World Cup team, he would be definitely 'lock' to make the team then.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
SJ advance to the WCF (good for them, they deserve it) so it is less complicated now but still it will be very interesting to see whether they add 2 forwards (Faksa, Hemský) or only 1 of them. Vujtek stated that the best scenario for them is to add 1F and 1D.

I would like to add both Hemský and Faksa but then... one injury on defense and we would have to play rest of the tournament with 6 defensemen and it would mean more regular time for Doudera, ugh.

My guess is that they will add Faksa and one of Polasek / Zamorsky. Kubalik and his chances are probably numbered. Which is okay, he hasn't shown anything to deserve spot on the final roster.

Babula

May 31, 2012
SJ advance to the WCF (good for them, they deserve it) so it is less complicated now but still it will be very interesting to see whether they add 2 forwards (Faksa, Hemský) or only 1 of them. Vujtek stated that the best scenario for them is to add 1F and 1D.

I would like to add both Hemský and Faksa but then... one injury on defense and we would have to play rest of the tournament with 6 defensemen and it would mean more regular time for Doudera, ugh.

My guess is that they will add Faksa and one of Polasek / Zamorsky. Kubalik and his chances are probably numbered. Which is okay, he hasn't shown anything to deserve spot on the final roster.

100 % agreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad