2016 Tank Thread - Babcock Conducting

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
While I fully expect the Leafs to lose tomorrow night if somehow they managed to win I would not be upset. It's because of those Vancouver fans that hate Toronto since they are jealous at the media attention we get and CBC/Rogers forcing them to have the game at 4:00 PM PST, instead of 7:00 PM PST. They claim it's the Leafs who want that done, when they have no control over it and it's done for TV ratings. Now the chances of a Leafs win tomorrow is maybe a 0.1% of happening, although I'm sure there are others who see what I'm trying to say.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
While I fully expect the Leafs to lose tomorrow night if somehow they managed to win I would not be upset. It's because of those Vancouver fans that hate Toronto since they are jealous at the media attention we get and CBC/Rogers forcing them to have the game at 4:00 PM PST, instead of 7:00 PM PST. They claim it's the Leafs who want that done, when they have no control over it and it's done for TV ratings. Now the chances of a Leafs win tomorrow is maybe a 0.1% of happening, although I'm sure there are others who see what I'm trying to say.

I like the Leafs more than I worry about what Vancouver fans think of our team.

Hoping for a Leafs loss. Gotta start losing those games in hand :laugh:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I like the Leafs more than I worry about what Vancouver fans think of our team.

Hoping for a Leafs loss. Gotta start losing those games in hand :laugh:
After Toronto defeated them this past November I remember going to the Canucks board, reading their PGT thread and how pissed off they were losing to us. That's why I said what I did, however I will say again the chances of the Leafs winning tomorrow is 0.1% and I'm not expecting it.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
^ Sabres up 4-3 now .. Need them to at least get a point tonight.

A 3-point game between the Flames and Coyotes would also be nice later on

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
Does anyone else here think that Matt Hunwick's really been getting exposed the last few weeks?

Early on he was doing all right, but since about the time of the 7-0 game, he's been having his fair share of bad moments. Last night was a great example: The guy skates in front of his own net with the puck - into traffic - as if he's Scott Niedermayer. He gets stripped and chaos ensues. Eventually EDM scores.

There's a reason he's been a career bottom-pairing guy/extra: He just isn't that good.

That said, if a team is looking to add some defensive depth, should the Leafs flip him for a third or fourth rounder?

I'd do it.

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
^ Sabres up 4-3 now .. Need them to at least get a point tonight.

A 3-point game between the Flames and Coyotes would also be nice later on

5-3 now fortunately.

The Canadiens' little three game-winning streak basically took them out of the running for last. With TOR having all these injuries, the Leafs just might stay in last for a while... maybe even until the end of the season.

Also, Phil Kessel has the only goal in a 1-0 game between PIT and CAR. It's looking more and more like the Pens will make the playoffs. IMO the only real threat is NJ, and I think PIT is quite a lot more likely to get in than the Devils.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Scrivens was a hot mess in goal for Montreal :laugh:
He was out in left field on Gorges' goal.

Must be quite a shock going from Price to Scrivens ...
Almost like they WANT to tank with Scrivens.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Good to get a Buffalo win. They are the threat in the East to our bottom status.

Long way to go still, so will see how things unfold.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Okay heres a question, from the summer hype, who's failed expectations the most? Buffalo, Columbus, or the oil? I'd have to say Columbus man, dreadful... but then again, buffalo went and dropped millions on ror as well. IDK, they are both shocking imo

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Okay heres a question, from the summer hype, who's failed expectations the most? Buffalo, Columbus, or the oil? I'd have to say Columbus man, dreadful... but then again, buffalo went and dropped millions on ror as well. IDK, they are both shocking imo

Edmonton for me.

They hired this "great new coach", drafted first overall again and supposedly had another year of development on all their amazing young prospects.

At least Buffalo is trying to be better. EDM seems completely okay with sucking forever.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Columbus, seriously. they're my second team and I thought they'd be at least where New Jersey is. uberly disappointed in them.

I wasn't buying stock in either the Oilers or Buffalo.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal

Edmonton by far, thought they would break through and make the playoffs. Never believed in Columbus, Too early for Buffalo.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm going to say Buffalo. During the summer a lot of people said now that they got Jack Eichel, Ryan O'Rielly, and Robin Lehner they would be serious contenders in the Eastern Conference and obviously that never happened.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Buffalo is 4 points behind last year's total with 29 to play. They also have as many of more regulation wins than 10 teams in the league...just not enough loser points to prop them up. Thats with the second most injuries in the league this season and still improving their goal differential by a full goal per game...while playing all season with a backup and a rookie who never played on small ice in net.

They're going to improve by over 20 points this season

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They would also need to at least lose in the 1st round like last year for Toronto to get the 16th overall pick in that scenario.

or the 2nd round. 1st round and 2nd round losers are groups together based on standings for the draft.

See Calgary's pick being 15th overall last year(before they traded it to Boston) after they lost in the 2nd round. Or Minnesota being 20th after losing in the 2nd round while Vancouver lost in the 1st round and didn't pick until 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad