2016 Rio Olympics | WATER POLO | August 6th thru August 20th | NBC/NBCS/CNBC |

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Refs doing a great job trying to keep Brazil in this.

Yep. Some pretty contrived reffing in the Brazil games over whole tournament tbh. The last half vs Serbia was also pretty silly... though Serbia helped them massively too by missing so many prime chances.

Anyway, normal service resumed really... though Montenegro did a great job vs Hungary, but they have history of beating pretty much everyone in last few years anyway.

I mean, this is all really set up now for a Croatia-Serbia final... though I would not be putting money on anyone in the Semi's... could go any way really.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
:biglaugh:

He just compared someone on team US to Toews because of her leadership

They asked Wolf Wigo, what does the US need to do to improve enough to be on par with Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro. Of course Pierre jumped in and gave his cliched annoying opinion first because he's an expert, after all, he's watched water polo for all of a week.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Yep. Some pretty contrived reffing in the Brazil games over whole tournament tbh. The last half vs Serbia was also pretty silly... though Serbia helped them massively too by missing so many prime chances.

Anyway, normal service resumed really... though Montenegro did a great job vs Hungary, but they have history of beating pretty much everyone in last few years anyway.

I mean, this is all really set up now for a Croatia-Serbia final... though I would not be putting money on anyone in the Semi's... could go any way really.

Reffing in WP is rotten to the core. I hope we get through Montenegro, but they've caused us a lot of issues in the past.

They asked Wolf Wigo, what does the US need to do to improve enough to be on par with Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro. Of course Pierre jumped in and gave his cliched annoying opinion first because he's an expert, after all, he's watched water polo for all of a week.

What did Pierre rabble on about?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great performance to get there too I thought. Montenegro did not lie down and can be very dangerous in all areas.

Everything BuÅ¡lje touched turned to gold... and I am not sure Sukno or Joković even got out of the pool in todays games! Both did a lot of hard work and Sukno was unlucky to not get more goals.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Bušlje deserved that, he's a giant in D.

Yep...

Also forgot to mention how immense Bijač has been in this tournament!

He is goalie of the tournament already for sure in my mind... Mitrović has been awful for Serbia (no idea how Pijetlović has not taken the job from him tbh...) and Tempesti, while he has played well enough, has not been exceptional.

I mean, Nagy had a great tournament (had Hungary got through he could have challenged Bijač I think), and Soro & Lopez were good too... until they both froze in the quarters... but Bijač has been a cut above, and is in the final now.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Bijač is channeling his inner Pavić, he has been the best GK at the Final Four and now he's been insane these last two games, it's incredible that we have those two as the 1-2 punch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad